Ted Cruz at NV campaign rally: "How do we know Liz Warren doesn't have a penis?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:32:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ted Cruz at NV campaign rally: "How do we know Liz Warren doesn't have a penis?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Ted Cruz at NV campaign rally: "How do we know Liz Warren doesn't have a penis?"  (Read 2609 times)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2022, 03:28:04 PM »

Why does the GOP fear Liz Warren more than any politician? Ask yourself this.
rosin
Rookie
Denmark

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2022, 04:09:22 PM »

Not only is this obviously transphobic, it's also a question we have an answer for: Elizabeth Warren has given birth to two children.

Isn't it kinda transphobic to say someone with a penis can't give birth?
I don't know what's dumber, this post, or the fact that you thought it was clever.

I guess it was a joke (but of course... with shua you never know).
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2022, 05:18:28 PM »

They feared Hillary Clinton far more, and their 25 year long hate campaign paid off sadly.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2022, 05:22:03 PM »

I shouldn't be laughing so hard right now.  I should be tut-tutting and moralizing.  Alas, it's not happening.

Jesus Christ would not approve, not that you care of course, but I think it's worth noting.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2022, 05:43:08 PM »

They don't fear her. They see her as an easy punching bag who is easy to ridicule and portray as an out-of-touch former academic. The Republican base hates any knowledge that doesn't begin with a "N".
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2022, 05:50:28 PM »

They don't fear her. They see her as an easy punching bag who is easy to ridicule and portray as an out-of-touch former academic. The Republican base hates any knowledge that doesn't begin with a "N".

I don't think so. The "easy punching bag" who had billionaires crying on CNBC, tech CEOs like Mark Zuckerberg shook, and Wall Street throwing a temper tantrum that maybe they couldn't also own the Democratic Party too. I think you need to ask yourself again, why the GOP fears her?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2022, 05:52:08 PM »

I don't think so. The "easy punching bag" who had billionaires crying on CNBC, tech CEOs like Mark Zuckerberg shook, and Wall Street throwing a temper tantrum that maybe they couldn't also own the Democratic Party too. I think you need to ask yourself again, why the GOP fears her?

They would be more scared of Comrade Bernie or AOC, in that case.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2022, 05:59:20 PM »

They would be more scared of Comrade Bernie or AOC, in that case.

But they're not. We talked about this a lot during the presidential primary they have never feared Bernie the way they fear Warren, ever, why?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2022, 06:12:12 PM »

I shouldn't be laughing so hard right now.  I should be tut-tutting and moralizing.  Alas, it's not happening.

Jesus Christ would not approve, not that you care of course, but I think it's worth noting.

You hold me up to perfection, but not others.  That's telling.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2022, 06:27:28 PM »

I expect someone who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ to refrain from publicly and unrepentantly wiping his ass with Christ's commandments, yes. If anything, it is telling that the bar has gotten this low.

You have not treated me as a Brother in Christ for five (5) minutes.  You have had constant criticism but you have never treated me as a Brother.  That's a fact.  One does not have to agree with me on everything, but you do not treat me as a Brother.  You never have.

"A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you also must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.”
(John 13:34-35)  I'm not going to say whether or not you're in the Faith, but I don't detect any of this in you, and this was the Hallmark by which others would know who His Disciples were/are.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2022, 06:34:36 PM »

I expect someone who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ to refrain from publicly and unrepentantly wiping his ass with Christ's commandments, yes. If anything, it is telling that the bar has gotten this low.

You have not treated me as a Brother in Christ for five (5) minutes.  You have had constant criticism but you have never treated me as a Brother.  That's a fact.  One does not have to agree with me on everything, but you do not treat me as a Brother.  You never have.

"A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you also must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.”
(John 13:34-35)  I'm not going to say whether or not you're in the Faith, but I don't detect any of this in you, and this was the Hallmark by which others would know who His Disciples were/are.

I'm not a Christian. I would never claim to be a follower of Christ because I can't do it justice.

Although to be fair I did delete that post before you responded to it because in hindsight I thought it was too harsh, so baby steps.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2022, 06:38:51 PM »

Not only is this obviously transphobic, it's also a question we have an answer for: Elizabeth Warren has given birth to two children.

Isn't it kinda transphobic to say someone with a penis can't give birth?
I don't know what's dumber, this post, or the fact that you thought it was clever.

You're the expert on not being clever, so I'll take your word for it.

"I know you are but what am I?!?"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2022, 06:42:08 PM »

I'm not a Christian. I would never claim to be a follower of Christ because I can't do it justice.

Although to be fair I did delete that post before you responded to it because in hindsight I thought it was too harsh, so baby steps.

It is by His Grace that we are Saved.  That's not a license to sin, and the Bible explicitly says this, but Christ's Redemptive Work on the Cross is sufficient to cover every sin that every person will ever commit. 

It is, indeed, Grace.  No one can be a perfect imitator of Christ, but He DOES give us Grace if our trust for our Eternity is in Him and His Redemptive Work.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2022, 06:44:45 PM »

Very rarely do political punching bags stay punching bags. Pretty much everyone elected between Biden and Bush Sr. was a punching bag after all.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2022, 07:54:12 PM »

Republican campaign rallies and debates have devolved into more raunchy unfunny standup comedy routines rather than political rallies.

Yeah, except none of the comedy is actually humorous. You'll have to admit that, even if you hate him (and I do), Trump could at least be funny/entertaining a lot of the time. Ted Cruz is not at all funny, just offensive, awkward and pathetic.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2022, 08:01:07 PM »

Do we need to unleash the blood hounds to sniff out Pubs who are not wanna be tax cheats? God forgive them, they know not what they do. Sad I don't really believe that. Tax cheats are are akin to a toxic waste dump.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2022, 08:13:42 PM »

Do we need to unleash the blood hounds to sniff out Pubs who are not wanna be tax cheats? God forgive them, they know not what they do. Sad I don't really believe that. Tax cheats are are akin to a toxic waste dump.

The Tax Police will not be going after the "Fat Cats".  They'll be going after small businesses who can't afford tons of lawyers and accountants to defend them for following their accountant's advice.  They will go after people that can only minimally fight back.  Not surprisingly, this group (the small business owner) are the MOST reliably Republican group, so Biden knows full well who he's going after.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2022, 08:18:40 PM »

Asking someone to pay their correct taxes isn't "going after" them. As someone who always pays the correct amount, I expect everyone else to do so too.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2022, 08:52:50 PM »

Asking someone to pay their correct taxes isn't "going after" them. As someone who always pays the correct amount, I expect everyone else to do so too.

Asking is not.  Conducting audits without reasonable suspicion is, and I expect the Biden Administration to do just that.  The people they will be targeting will likely be small business, and these people are likely Republicans.  They will have unlimited resources.

Asking people in NYC to not carry illegal handguns isn't going after them.  Let's reinstitute the Stop-and-Frisk policies of the Giuliani years.  By your logic we ought to do that, no?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2022, 11:36:30 PM »

Asking is not.  Conducting audits without reasonable suspicion is, and I expect the Biden Administration to do just that.  The people they will be targeting will likely be small business, and these people are likely Republicans.  They will have unlimited resources.

Not that this premise is even remotely true, but if small business owners are not paying their taxes, why should I have sympathy for them?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2022, 12:01:24 AM »

Where the fk is this thread going next, I wonder
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2022, 12:33:54 AM »

...  Conducting audits without reasonable suspicion is, and I expect the Biden Administration to do just that. 

What does this even mean?
"Reasonable suspicion"? When something does not look right, or when a large amount of certain deductions are taken, an IRS audit is called for, to produce further evidence to back what your taxes state.

And what does the Biden Administration have to do with the IRS conducting audits. Audits are conducted regardless of who is in the White House.
Honestly Fuzzy, you are talking out of your _____, and you sound naïve to the topic at hand.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2022, 12:42:52 AM »

Where the fk is this thread going next, I wonder

Topic? No idea. Content? Republican victim complex conspiracy theories.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2022, 02:38:22 AM »

How do we know Ted Cruz isn't mentally ill?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2022, 06:18:48 AM »

...  Conducting audits without reasonable suspicion is, and I expect the Biden Administration to do just that. 

What does this even mean?
"Reasonable suspicion"? When something does not look right, or when a large amount of certain deductions are taken, an IRS audit is called for, to produce further evidence to back what your taxes state.

And what does the Biden Administration have to do with the IRS conducting audits. Audits are conducted regardless of who is in the White House.
Honestly Fuzzy, you are talking out of your _____, and you sound naïve to the topic at hand.

From Nolo:  "Reasonable suspicion is a legal standard that applies in different criminal-law contexts, most often where searches and seizures are involved. It requires that officers have an objectively reasonable basis for suspecting criminal activity before detaining someone. In addition, before conducting a pat-down, officers must reasonably suspect that a subject is armed and dangerous. Officers can, however, ask people to stop and answer questions without reasonable suspicion."

A tax audit is a form of a search and seizure when a criminal investigation is involved.  Calling someone in for an audit can qualify as a form of a detention.  I don't have a problem with enforcing tax honesty in principle, but this is a Trojan Horse for greater surveillance into the private lives of citizens, and let's not pretend that it doesn't.  And again:  If you're position is that no one should be concerned if they have nothing to hide, then, by all means, join me in advocating the reinstating of Stop and Frisk in our most troubled urban areas.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies