GA-GOV (Research Affiliates/Bailey internal): tied
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:29:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  GA-GOV (Research Affiliates/Bailey internal): tied
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-GOV (Research Affiliates/Bailey internal): tied  (Read 512 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2022, 02:21:43 PM »

Poll done for the Bailey (D) campaign in GA's LG race (shows him 43-43 with Jones)

SEN:
Warnock (D) 49
Walker (R) 46

GOV:
Abrams (D) 47
Kemp (R) 47

https://pdfhost.io/v/K1J98sEXo_Microsoft_Word_BaileyRAMemodocx
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 02:22:07 PM »

Good poll😃
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 02:22:44 PM »

I will say, it appears that Abrams has seemed to get a tiny bit of momentum in this race in the last few weeks.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 02:32:21 PM »

Lean Republican.

Overall, the gap between Kemp and Warnock is more realtic here, though. In a state like Georgia I always found it questionable that both can be ahead by five or more. I don't think these races will differ more than four or five points in the end. If I had to bet now, I'd say Kemp by four and Warnock by one or two.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 02:39:36 PM »

Lean Republican.

Overall, the gap between Kemp and Warnock is more realtic here, though. In a state like Georgia I always found it questionable that both can be ahead by five or more. I don't think these races will differ more than four or five points in the end. If I had to bet now, I'd say Kemp by four and Warnock by one or two.

I’ve always attributed the gulf between the Senate race and Governor’s race in polling to be mainly due to Kemp getting some goodwill from some Democrat voters for not going along with Trump to steal the state for him. That’s an amazingly low bar to clear, but I imagine for some NeverTrumpers that’s enough.

Walker is also obviously a problematic candidate in his own right, but it’s hard for me to see Warnock gaining anyone that voted Republican in 2020 because of it.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 02:40:47 PM »

Lean Republican.

I’ve always attributed the gulf between the Senate race and Governor’s race in polling to be mainly due to Kemp getting some goodwill from some Democrat voters for not going along with Trump to steal the state for him. That’s an amazingly low bar to clear, but I imagine for some NeverTrumpers that’s enough.

Walker is also obviously a problematic candidate in his own right, but it’s hard for me to see Warnock gaining anyone that voted Republican in 2020 because of it.

Yep, and it seems like Abrams has made a tiny bit of inroad with those voters recently.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 02:44:05 PM »

For what it’s worth, I’m planning to vote for Kemp and Warnock this year. But I don’t imagine I’m typical of many Georgia voters.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 02:58:28 PM »

Lean Republican.

Yep, and it seems like Abrams has made a tiny bit of inroad with those voters recently.

The 6 week abortion ban is very out of touch with swing voters in Cobb.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 05:47:42 PM »

Lean Republican.

She really needs to remind that just because Kemp isn't a Big Lie supporter that it doesn't mean he isn't still too far right for how the state is moving. Too many voters who should know better are getting distracted by that, and hopefully her campaign can now fixate on those other ways which Kemp is actually as out-of-touch with them as Trump and Walker is.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 04:38:23 PM »

Miz. Stacy A on the way up! Purple heart
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2022, 03:40:03 PM »

For what it’s worth, I’m planning to vote for Kemp and Warnock this year. But I don’t imagine I’m typical of many Georgia voters.

That's very typical if you live in the northern burbs.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies