Ghosts of Kennett Past: Victorian State Election (Final Results)

(1/29) > >>

AustralianSwingVoter:
Given polling day is only three and a half months away, now seems as good a time as any to get this thread underway. Dan Andrews has had a roller coaster ride over the last four years however his popularity (and strong polling) endures in spite of some very rough patches. But the Victorian Liberals are doing their damndest to help Dan as they just can’t exorcise the ghost of Jeff. Michael O’Brien did nothing for three years so they spilled him for… the moronic Matthew Guy. The guy who imploded the last election. Mr “African Gangs are making Victorians scared to go to restaurants”. It’s going as well as you’d expect.

GoTfan:
I'm hoping that the crazies will get humiliated.

AustralianSwingVoter:
Roy Morgan has released a brutal new poll. 60.5% Labor 2pp, Coalition primary just 27.5%! On uniform swing that's Labor 68, Coalition 15.

Now it's important to remember Roy Morgan polls are pretty junk so this isn't earth shattering but if it's confirmed in party internals or a credible public poll then Matthew Guy might get shafted. Rumours are already abounding and there's a sniff of blood in the water. The ongoing saga with a payment to his ex-chief of staff Mitch Catlin might be the excuse for a spill/""resignation"".

🦀🎂🦀🎂:
Have the Teals made any move here against Labor? - if I was a borgeouis Lib-inclined voter I would not be particularly thrilled by Guy for obvious reasons, but I also think the sort of ... old-fashioned politics Andrews seems to rep for is exactly why those types do not like the ALP.

AustralianSwingVoter:
Quote from: c r a b c a k e on August 23, 2022, 01:56:11 PM

Have the Teals made any move here against Labor? - if I was a borgeouis Lib-inclined voter I would not be particularly thrilled by Guy for obvious reasons, but I also think the sort of ... old-fashioned politics Andrews seems to rep for is exactly why those types do not like the ALP.

In short, Andrews has a very good PR team. Plus it’s a state government so the style of politics is more old-fashioned for structural reasons.
And given their electoral strategy is dependent on Labor giving up to let them overtake on primaries, challenging Labor is really infeasible. However last election there were more Dai Le-style independents who performed very strong in Geelong and Melton, and there’s a chance we’ll see similar campaigns across the outer suburbs/satellite cities which have felt ignored by Andrews’s rather city-centric government.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page