FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:38:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 114130 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« on: April 03, 2023, 02:58:05 PM »

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 03:46:55 PM »

Looking at that video, Trump really has lost it. It was painful to watch. I had a right to take those documents. They're mine, they're mine, all mine! Trump freaked when Hannity said of course you didn't look at the documents in the boxes, when of course he had. That is why they were strewn all over the floor, among other things.

It is just another case where Trump is (potentially) blatantly incriminating himself. He has done this many times, so far he has somehow managed to avoid being bitten. Maybe it will eventually actually catch up to him.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 07:11:53 PM »

Trump knows it is not a crime to spin out crazy legal theories (like he has a right to the documents) or to lie like a rug, if not under oath, and does so with regularity because he is a sociopath. Someone ratted on him about culling the documents to decide which ones he would decide to secret.

It is certainly not a crime for Trump to spin out crazy legal theories.

However, what he said, and this is a direct quote, was "I would do that."

He didn't say "I could do that." He said that he "would" do that, not the word "could." If he had said "could," that would be him saying, as a matter of legal theory, that he could do that, and so that would be just spinning a crazy legal theory, which by itself would be fine (legally) for him to do.

But he went beyond could and said that he actually would do that, that this is actually something that he had the sort of intent and frame of mind that he would actually do, not just theoretically.

Granted, he did not say that he "dd" do it. If he had used the word "did," rather than "should," then it would have been an outright admission that he did it.

But still, saying "would" rather than merely "could" seems pretty significant, because it is an admission that it is the sort of thing he could do. In  other words, he would say that it is not crazy to think that he would do that. That admission makes it a lot more plausible that he in fact did do it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies