FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 03:19:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 121621 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3050 on: September 06, 2023, 05:44:58 PM »

Mar-a-Lago IT worker struck cooperation agreement with special counsel, his former lawyer says

Mar-a-Lago IT worker Yuscil Taveras has struck a cooperation agreement with the special counsel’s office in the federal case over former President Donald Trump’s handling of classified documents, Taveras’ former defense attorney said in a new court filing.

Taveras struck the deal with prosecutors after he was threatened with prosecution, defense attorney Stanley Woodward wrote in the filing dated Tuesday.

Taveras is referred to in the filing and in the superseding indictment as “Trump Employee 4,” and CNN has identified him as that employee.

According to the terms of the deal explained in the filing, Taveras agreed to testify in the classified documents case and in exchange will not be prosecuted. He has not been charged with any crimes.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/06/politics/mar-a-lago-it-worker/index.html
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3051 on: September 06, 2023, 07:35:23 PM »

Narrator: No, he's not.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3052 on: September 06, 2023, 07:58:21 PM »

That will be such a good soundbite for Democratic ads.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #3053 on: September 06, 2023, 09:26:25 PM »

Hugh Hewitt is a fun name
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3054 on: September 06, 2023, 11:19:03 PM »

Hugh Hewitt is a fun name

He has one of the most smug punchable faces ever though.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3055 on: September 14, 2023, 09:19:26 PM »

In an interview released tonight Megyn Kelly asked him about the document he was waving around at Bedminster. He said he wasn't going to talk about that because he thinks it's been very well substantiated. She said it wasn't substantiated and kept pressing him. He said Megyn, here we go again. "I'm covered by the Presidential records Act. I'm allowed to do what I want to do. I'm allowed to have documents. The Presidential Records Act is civil, not criminal."

Later talking about the subpoenas, and that he didn't turn everything over. He said he had turned over more documents than anybody. She pointed out they found documents and he said they raided MAL and it might have been illegal and "we're going to find that out." He said he had a right to have the documents. She said but when you get a subpoena you have to hand them over. He said "I don't even know that."
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3056 on: September 14, 2023, 09:21:48 PM »

Megyn Kelly presses Trump on retention of classified materials

Megyn Kelly in an interview published Thursday pressed former President Donald Trump over his handling of classified documents after leaving the White House and questioned why Trump would not comply with a subpoena for the sensitive materials.

Kelly interviewed Trump on her SiriusXM show, where she zeroed in on the criminal case over Trump’s handling and retention of classified materials. Trump faces two obstruction charges after the Department of Justice (DOJ) accused him and his co-conspirators of attempting to delete surveillance footage at his Mar-a-Lago property.

Trump insisted he had done nothing wrong, and he repeated his misleading assertion that his actions were “covered” by the Presidential Records Act, which states that the National Archives gets custody of all presidential records once a president leaves office.

Kelly repeatedly asked Trump why, even if he had the right to take the documents, he would not comply with a subpoena from the Justice Department to turn over materials with classified markings.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4204930-megyn-kelly-presses-trump-on-retention-of-classified-materials/
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3057 on: September 14, 2023, 09:27:14 PM »

In an interview released tonight Megyn Kelly asked him about the document he was waving around at Bedminster. He said he wasn't going to talk about that because he thinks it's been very well substantiated. She said it wasn't substantiated and kept pressing him. He said Megyn, here we go again. "I'm covered by the Presidential records Act. I'm allowed to do what I want to do. I'm allowed to have documents. The Presidential Records Act is civil, not criminal."

Later talking about the subpoenas, and that he didn't turn everything over. He said he had turned over more documents than anybody. She pointed out they found documents and he said they raided MAL and it might have been illegal and "we're going to find that out." He said he had a right to have the documents. She said but when you get a subpoena you have to hand them over. He said "I don't even know that."

Megyn Kelly presses Trump on retention of classified materials

Megyn Kelly in an interview published Thursday pressed former President Donald Trump over his handling of classified documents after leaving the White House and questioned why Trump would not comply with a subpoena for the sensitive materials.

Kelly interviewed Trump on her SiriusXM show, where she zeroed in on the criminal case over Trump’s handling and retention of classified materials. Trump faces two obstruction charges after the Department of Justice (DOJ) accused him and his co-conspirators of attempting to delete surveillance footage at his Mar-a-Lago property.

Trump insisted he had done nothing wrong, and he repeated his misleading assertion that his actions were “covered” by the Presidential Records Act, which states that the National Archives gets custody of all presidential records once a president leaves office.

Kelly repeatedly asked Trump why, even if he had the right to take the documents, he would not comply with a subpoena from the Justice Department to turn over materials with classified markings.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4204930-megyn-kelly-presses-trump-on-retention-of-classified-materials/

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3058 on: September 14, 2023, 09:30:41 PM »

Of the four trials, this is still the one where the evidence is most obvious. The only thing is that this jury will likely be friendlier (or at least less hostile) to Trump than Manhattan, DC or Fulton County.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3059 on: September 14, 2023, 10:15:21 PM »

I know Trump's lawyers have an incredibly difficult client, but they really need to do better at stopping their client from incriminating himself in front of millions of people.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3060 on: September 14, 2023, 10:26:47 PM »

Of the four trials, this is still the one where the evidence is most obvious. The only thing is that this jury will likely be friendlier (or at least less hostile) to Trump than Manhattan, DC or Fulton County.

The stuff he is spewing might work in a Republican primary but surely it won't cut it at trial? I can't see what actual legal defence he has given how much he's f**ked himself. Florida Trump country jurors though might just be the types who can sit through weeks of evidence and not even consider a guilty verdict.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3061 on: September 14, 2023, 11:23:38 PM »

To be fair, Donald has been showing his age quite a bit. "Your Honor, my client is no longer legally competent" seems like a defense they could run with pretty easily. It's not like the Republican cult won't vote for him anyway.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3062 on: September 14, 2023, 11:24:49 PM »

A friendly jury isn't what's going to benefit Donald the most in his Florida trial.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3063 on: September 14, 2023, 11:30:13 PM »

I know Trump's lawyers have an incredibly difficult client, but they really need to do better at stopping their client from incriminating himself in front of millions of people.

Why? No matter what they say, their real position is "the law doesn't matter". Donald Trump is guilty, and Smith's team is easily going to be able to prove that. The strategy of team Trump is:

*delay until after he wins re-election, then abuse office the end the prosecution
*get a friendly judge (or Justices) to toss the whole thing
*hope for jury nullification from sympathetic jurors
*ignore/delay the consequences of the conviction and litigate the fallout from that until Donald dies

Donald Trumps many crimes are really putting our old and broken justice system to the test. Either he goes to prison, or the justice system proves itself worthless.

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3064 on: September 15, 2023, 11:40:39 AM »

From the MTP interview coming on Sunday.

She asked if he directed the MAL security footage to be deleted and he said it's false and that he'll testify to that under oath. Also that they were his tapes and he didn't have to hand them over.

Trump says he’ll testify allegation he asked staffer to delete security camera footage is ‘false’

Former President Trump in a new interview said he would be willing to testify that an allegation by prosecutors that he acted with an alleged co-conspirator to delete security footage is false.

The Justice Department in July filed a superseding indictment in the case over Trump’s retention of classified documents after leaving office that accused Trump of working with the property manager to delete surveillance footage at his Mar-a-Lago estate.

Asked about the charge by Kristen Welker on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Trump called the allegation “false.”

“Would you testify to that under oath?” Welker asked.

“Sure, I’m going to — I’ll testify,” Trump said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4206043-trump-says-hell-testify-allegation-he-asked-staffer-to-delete-security-camera-footage-is-false/
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #3065 on: September 17, 2023, 04:54:45 AM »

A friendly jury isn't what's going to benefit Donald the most in his Florida trial.

Besides even if it's a friendly jury so much evidence against him exists.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3066 on: September 17, 2023, 05:35:45 AM »
« Edited: September 17, 2023, 05:39:46 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The best case that DOJ has against Trump is the Docugate scandal, but the reason why Trump numbers are on the rise, apparently, is because nothing new has come out on Docugare, what came out new against Trump on Docugate, Trump isn't surging with Minorities as polls indicate he is surging with Conserv whites because Romney would have won in 2012 without Sandy and whom voted for Nadar and Gary Johnson not blks, Conserv whites got caught up in the Lewinsky scandal and voted Bush W in, blks voted for Gore, I know i did,  Jesse Jackson said stay out of the Bushes, that's why no blk Pastor came to Bush H Funeral . Only Obama and Michelle came to his funeral, Iran Contra, that's why he lost to Bill Clinton

But, Biden is still the Fav because poverty is still a factor in a Pandemic world this isn't 2016 where he beat HILLARY
Yoda
United States

« Reply #3067 on: September 17, 2023, 10:34:52 PM »

Serious question:

Does trump seriously think that repeatedly blatantly lying about what the Presidential Records Act says (it does not let him do "whatever he wants" with classified info for example, that info is solely the property of the Executive, which he stopped being on January 20, 2021) is going to get him off the hook in a real court of law when his defense is going to be unable to produce one single legal expert who will repeat that lie (and the prosecution will call about a thousand law enforcement officials who will testify to the exact opposite)?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #3068 on: September 17, 2023, 10:44:07 PM »

The stuff he is spewing might work in a Republican primary but surely it won't cut it at trial? I can't see what actual legal defence he has given how much he's f**ked himself. Florida Trump country jurors though might just be the types who can sit through weeks of evidence and not even consider a guilty verdict.

All white juries in the South used to acquit murder in broad daylight that a dozen people saw with their own eyes if the murder in question was a white man killing an uppity black. Can't remember her name but it happened to the father of one of Obama's cabinet members (or a lesser department head, I'm not sure). It wasn't that long ago in our history. The jurors that Cannon is intentionally engineering this trail to have by moving it to her most conservative court house are the children and grand children of the people you see hurling hate and vitriol at the first black students to be integrated. This is why I think it's weird some people are so sure he'll be convicted in the documents case. There are plenty of MAGA people who will be itching to get on that jury who will never, ever vote to convict their god, their cult leader, no matter how ironclad the evidence.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3069 on: September 18, 2023, 02:19:16 AM »

He probably thinks the PRA gives him a possible defense on retention. His former lawyer, who seems like an honest broker, thought so too.

I'm sure it's been explained to him that it's not a defense against obstruction. But it sounds good to the MAGAers so there's no harm in repeating it I guess, if the goal is to keep the primary numbers high.

I don't think it's a sure thing he'll be convicted but I do think it's likely. Sometimes you get a stubborn juror but most will do their duty. You can also get kicked off a jury if you refuse to deliberate. e.g. "I'm a not guilty no matter what."
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3070 on: September 18, 2023, 03:41:54 PM »

Trump wrote to-do lists for assistant on White House documents marked classified: Sources
Molly Michael told investigators about the documents, according to sources.

One of former President Donald Trump's long-time assistants told federal investigators that Trump repeatedly wrote to-do lists for her on documents from the White House that were marked classified, according to sources familiar with her statements.

As described to ABC News, the aide, Molly Michael, told investigators that -- more than once -- she received requests or taskings from Trump that were written on the back of notecards, and she later recognized those notecards as sensitive White House materials -- with visible classification markings -- used to brief Trump while he was still in office about phone calls with foreign leaders or other international-related matters.

The notecards with classification markings were at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate when FBI agents searched the property on Aug. 8, 2022 -- but the materials were not taken by the FBI, according to sources familiar with what Michael told investigators.

When Michael, who was not present for the search, returned to Mar-a-Lago the next day to clean up her office space, she found the documents underneath a drawer organizer and helped transfer them to the FBI that same day, sources told ABC News.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-wrote-lists-assistant-white-house-documents-marked/story?id=103226113

Also when the FBI wanted to interview her, Trump told her "You don't know anything about the boxes."
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3071 on: September 18, 2023, 03:51:48 PM »

Is this not witness tampering and/or suborning perjury?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3072 on: September 18, 2023, 04:21:15 PM »

Is this not witness tampering and/or suborning perjury?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3073 on: September 18, 2023, 04:33:52 PM »

Don't forget this banger

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3074 on: September 18, 2023, 04:37:21 PM »

Serious question:

Does trump seriously think that repeatedly blatantly lying about what the Presidential Records Act says (it does not let him do "whatever he wants" with classified info for example, that info is solely the property of the Executive, which he stopped being on January 20, 2021) is going to get him off the hook in a real court of law when his defense is going to be unable to produce one single legal expert who will repeat that lie (and the prosecution will call about a thousand law enforcement officials who will testify to the exact opposite)?
The honest answer I think is that Trump doesn't think about this sort of thing rationally at all, he's all id, low ego*, and no superego. He can't help himself but throw a tantrum like a toddler even if it hurts his case, and his lawyers could tell him they have an absolutely fool-proof way to keep him out of jail but only if he shuts up about it...and he wouldn't.

*In the Freudian sense. I think it's obvious how big his ego is in the traditional use of the word.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies