FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:22:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120204 times)
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: August 24, 2022, 12:12:31 PM »

KBJ confirmation will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming

Dobbs overturned will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming

January 6 committee findings and Hutchinson testimony will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming

Backlash over Inflation Reducation Act will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming

Mar-A-Lago raid will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming

NY special election results will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming <<--- DOOMERS ARE HERE RIGHT NOW

?
?
?

GOP underperformance in midterms will fire GOP base for 2024 -> Red tsunami incoming, Biden is DOA 2024

One of my most personally-disliked excuses for explaining away special election losses is "who cares? So we didn't turn out in this special.  We're just saving it up for the general in November." 

Okay, but...wouldn't it just be easier to vote in both elections?

As someone who watched Democrats get obliterated in 2010 and 2014, I can say with confidence that anyone who thinks you can bottle up party support and then release it at an ideal time is either in denial or deliberately lying. You always, always, want to have your voters consistently turning out for every election.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1551 on: August 24, 2022, 12:23:15 PM »

KBJ confirmation will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming

Dobbs overturned will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming

January 6 committee findings and Hutchinson testimony will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming

Backlash over Inflation Reducation Act will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming

Mar-A-Lago raid will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming

NY special election results will fire up GOP base -> Red wave incoming <<--- DOOMERS ARE HERE RIGHT NOW

?
?
?

GOP underperformance in midterms will fire GOP base for 2024 -> Red tsunami incoming, Biden is DOA 2024

One of my most personally-disliked excuses for explaining away special election losses is "who cares? So we didn't turn out in this special.  We're just saving it up for the general in November."  

Okay, but...wouldn't it just be easier to vote in both elections?

Well special elections usually dont have low propensity voters turnout while high propensity voters do. High Propensity voters tend to be disproportionately College Educated White Voters and also skew Older which are two groups we have done much worse in since 2012 .

It is usually high propensity voters who vote more and btw we did way better in 2018 general election than we did in the specials leading up(outside the south where this dynamic is reversed and even has these past two years).

Btw I would say due to this it will be much much harder for the GOP to get 240+ house seats than it was for them in 2010/2014
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1552 on: August 24, 2022, 12:38:39 PM »

Don't forget the possibility that large swathes of Trump fans have given up voting altogether, disheartened by the false belief that every election is rigged anyway.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1553 on: August 24, 2022, 01:52:22 PM »

According to the WSJ, Trump has become his own advisor. This can only end poorly for him.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1554 on: August 24, 2022, 01:53:47 PM »

Don't forget the possibility that large swathes of Trump fans have given up voting altogether, disheartened by the false belief that every election is rigged anyway.

This.  It already cost them two Senate seats in Georgia.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1555 on: August 24, 2022, 03:06:47 PM »

According to the WSJ, Trump has become his own advisor. This can only end poorly for him.

Yet another Hitler comparison.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1556 on: August 24, 2022, 07:33:47 PM »

This.  It already cost them two Senate seats in Georgia.

I still don't know if I buy into that. I certainly hope it's true though. And it's not because I am against certain people voting, but because it could teach the GOP a harsh, well-deserved lesson if they were at all capable of learning lessons.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1557 on: August 24, 2022, 07:53:35 PM »

Trump was and always has been his own advisor. That’s why his staff is exclusively unqualified buffoons or completely shameless, they are there to tell Donald whatever fell out of his mouth is great.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1558 on: August 25, 2022, 11:26:53 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2022, 11:34:45 AM by Middle-aged Europe »

DA: Mr. President, did you take the nuclear documents?

Judge: You don't have to answer that question!

Trump: I'll answer the question! ... You want answers?

DA: I think I'm entitled to.

Trump: You want answers?

DA: I WANT THE TRUTH!

Trump: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Son, we live in a world that has big beautiful walls, and those walls have to be guarded by Second Amendment people. Who's gonna do it? Sleepy Joe? That turtle McConnell? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Hillary and you curse the MAGA movement. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that Hillary's defeat, while tragicomic, probably saved white lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, *saves white lives*. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that big beautiful wall. You need me on that big beautiful wall. We use words like swamp, Deep State, stolen election. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you create a Truth Social account and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a *damn* what you think you are entitled to!

DA: Did you take the nuclear documents?

Trump: I did the job I...

DA: *Did you take the nuclear documents?*

Trump: *You're God damn right I did!*
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1559 on: August 25, 2022, 12:24:27 PM »

DoJ has submitted a redacted affidavit to Judge Reinhardt, who will now decide whether or not to release it.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1560 on: August 25, 2022, 02:35:46 PM »

Judge says the redacted version is ok to unseal and should be unsealed by noon tomorrow.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1561 on: August 25, 2022, 02:41:06 PM »

Judge says the redacted version is ok to unseal and should be unsealed by noon tomorrow.

Prediction:

"Based on my training and experience, I, REDACTED, a special agent of the Federal Bureau of  Investigation, request a search warrant on the information specifying REDACTED, REDACTED, and REDACTED, provided by witness REDACTED on date REDACTED, and additional information specifying REDACTED and REDACTED provided by witness REDACTED on date REDACTED."
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1562 on: August 25, 2022, 03:20:38 PM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1563 on: August 25, 2022, 03:53:14 PM »

Prediction:

"Based on my training and experience, I, REDACTED, a special agent of the Federal Bureau of  Investigation, request a search warrant on the information specifying REDACTED, REDACTED, and REDACTED, provided by witness REDACTED on date REDACTED, and additional information specifying REDACTED and REDACTED provided by witness REDACTED on date REDACTED."

I disagree.  And here's why:

First of all, you have to consider that ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.  Furthermore, --------------------------------------------------------------------.  And based on legal precedent, ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------. 

Ergo, -----------------------.  I could be wrong, though.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1564 on: August 25, 2022, 07:19:46 PM »

DoJ has submitted a redacted affidavit to Judge Reinhardt, who will now decide whether or not to release it.

Hopefully people mentioned within the affidavit will be shielded like his Overwatch counterpart does for his allies.

Yes, that was nothing more than a forced Overwatch joke. I have no shame in that.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1565 on: August 25, 2022, 09:18:42 PM »

Hopefully people mentioned within the affidavit will be shielded like his Overwatch counterpart does for his allies.

Yes, that was nothing more than a forced Overwatch joke. I have no shame in that.

It’s even more forced because it turns out I misspelled his name.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1566 on: August 25, 2022, 09:45:06 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2022, 10:00:32 PM by Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin »

Prediction:

"Based on my training and experience, I, REDACTED, a special agent of the Federal Bureau of  Investigation, request a search warrant on the information specifying REDACTED, REDACTED, and REDACTED, provided by witness REDACTED on date REDACTED, and additional information specifying REDACTED and REDACTED provided by witness REDACTED on date REDACTED."

I disagree.  And here's why:

First of all, you have to consider that ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.  Furthermore, --------------------------------------------------------------------.  And based on legal precedent, ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.  

Ergo, -----------------------.  I could be wrong, though.

It's going to be quite a bit longer, and will likely include correspondence between NARA and Trump, and the DOJ and Trump. What will be redacted is witness information, such as who tipped them off that he was sitting on national security docs and lying about it (and anything else that would expose sources or methods or otherwise help the GOP leader with his crimes). Tomorrow will be a very bad day for Trump. We'll head into the weekend with Team Trump claiming it's a smear job, and demanding the unredacted affidavit so his terrorists can target witnesses. (Because while Democrats want to know who broke the law, all Republicans are ever concerned about is who ratted them out.)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1567 on: August 25, 2022, 10:10:28 PM »

Criminal trials are best done in the courtroom, and I would guess that any (redacted) classified document released to public view will be one that will not be used in any criminal case. So one not-so-critical document out of 100 gets released.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1568 on: August 26, 2022, 12:38:17 AM »

DA: Mr. President, did you take the nuclear documents?

Judge: You don't have to answer that question!

Trump: I'll answer the question! ... You want answers?

DA: I think I'm entitled to.

Trump: You want answers?

DA: I WANT THE TRUTH!

Trump: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Son, we live in a world that has big beautiful walls, and those walls have to be guarded by Second Amendment people. Who's gonna do it? Sleepy Joe? That turtle McConnell? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Hillary and you curse the MAGA movement. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that Hillary's defeat, while tragicomic, probably saved white lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, *saves white lives*. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that big beautiful wall. You need me on that big beautiful wall. We use words like swamp, Deep State, stolen election. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you create a Truth Social account and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a *damn* what you think you are entitled to!

DA: Did you take the nuclear documents?

Trump: I did the job I...

DA: *Did you take the nuclear documents?*

Trump: *You're God damn right I did!*

Lol... imagine Trump "saving" the white race without being able to properly take credit for it.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1569 on: August 26, 2022, 08:19:12 AM »

Just to be clear, does the redacted affidavit need to be unsealed before noon or is it being unsealed at noon?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1570 on: August 26, 2022, 08:21:01 AM »

Just to be clear, does the redacted affidavit need to be unsealed before noon or is it being unsealed at noon?

It could be any time up to noon.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1571 on: August 26, 2022, 10:15:28 AM »

You know, all the docs I took to MAL are mine. All mine! If you don't believe me, just ask that legal genius at Judicial Watch.  But because I wanted to try to cooperate, and be accommodating, I did give some of the docs up in June. Big mistake! The DOJ hacks then bootstrapped off those docs, to get a hack judge to issue a warrant to steal even more of my documents. It is very bad when the government has no respect for your personal property, and not only wants to grab it, but then get our corrupt DOJ and courts to criminalize your right to try to protect your property. So sad! We need to take America back now more than ever!

Donald Trump

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/25/politics/trump-maralago-documents-private-concerns-legal-tom-fitton/index.html

Yeah that is the word on the street. Maggie Haberman at the NYT says the same thing. Trump World thinks their mistake was not the failure to return everything upon request, the mistake was rather that they had returned anything over at all. Not one piece of paper should have been returned. That just opened a Pandora's Box. Nice guys finish last.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1572 on: August 26, 2022, 10:28:48 AM »

This seems bad...

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1573 on: August 26, 2022, 10:30:00 AM »

For a laugh, check out the Twitter feed of "Gollum J. Trump", which is full of gems like this:

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1574 on: August 26, 2022, 10:43:17 AM »

This seems bad...

Actually it was a menage a trois.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 131  
« previous next »