FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:33:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 130
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 114332 times)
Yoda
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2022, 07:27:23 PM »

He'll never see one second in a cell. Not that he doesn't deserve it.

Perhaps, but at least his passport could be confiscated in the meantime given he is a flight risk.  So if he has plans on fleeing to Dubai or someplace else that has no extradition treaty with the United States, he might want to consider doing so in the not-too-distant future...  

This reminds me...what do we make of the revelation that Giuliani purchased plane tickets in cash last month to Switzerland? He is currently under subpoena to come testify to the grand jury in Georgia investigating trump's voter fraud in 2020. Is Giuliani a flight risk?

since when can you buy plane tickets with cash in this day and age?

Good question. I'm just going off of what I read here

https://www.businessinsider.com/rudy-giuliani-medical-procedure-travel-grand-jury-georgia-fulton-county-2022-8
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2022, 07:27:26 PM »

This will not be a good thing for a midterm with Biden's approval so low. Could wind up motivating Republicans.

Trump's base already live in a completely separate media ecosystem that has been painting him as a victim continuously since 2015, and this isn't going to change that.
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2022, 07:28:28 PM »

You're certainly not helping matters!
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2022, 07:28:51 PM »

They’d better have something serious on him.

If they don’t, Trump will become a martyr.

I keep seeing this take now from doomers and Republicans and I think it’s idiotic. Hillary never was indicted or convicted of anything related to the emails, didn’t stop them from damaging her fatally. A cloud of suspicion can be enough.

Being realistic doesn’t mean I’m being a doomer.

I do think this makes him much less likely to be the Reputation nominee in 2024. Like, extremely less likely. I think it likely kills any chance he had, tbh.

I still say he’d become a martyr if they don’t have something concrete.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2022, 07:29:29 PM »

I keep seeing this take now from doomers and Republicans and I think it’s idiotic. Hillary never was indicted or convicted of anything related to the emails, didn’t stop them from damaging her fatally. A cloud of suspicion can be enough.

Being realistic doesn’t mean I’m being a doomer.

I do think this makes him much less likely to be the Reputation nominee in 2024. Like, extremely less likely. I think it likely kills any chance he had, tbh.

I still say he’d become a martyr if they don’t have something concrete.

I worry he is easier to beat than DeSantis though, and if this hurts Trump, it helps DeSantis.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2022, 07:29:58 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2022, 07:30:08 PM »

This will not be a good thing for a midterm with Biden's approval so low. Could wind up motivating Republicans.

Yes, everything is always good for Trump. Surely the politician that other Republican candidates lick the ass of being searched by the FBI will be what it takes for them to win!

In alternate universe 2018, President Hillary Clinton leads the Democrats to surprisingly hold both the Senate and House after her Chappaqua home is raided by the FBI!

Richard Nixon went on to continue his second term in peace after he was investigated!

It's the ultimate sign of victory in American politics!
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2022, 07:30:32 PM »

Modern Republicans are 100% the villains. They actively work every day to attack LGBTQ rights, women's rights, worker's rights, democracy, the working class, the planet... should I go on?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2022, 07:30:59 PM »

It's a slippery slope though. This guy lost an election and still received 74 million votes.

I keep seeing THAT number pulled out by doomers and Republicans and I think THAT is also idiotic. Turnout was way up, obviously his vote total would go up for that reason alone but was still well below Biden’s 81 million! Reminder that Trump NEVER has gotten more votes than his opponents; Hillary got more votes in 2016 too. Even in the 2016 primaries, he only won with a plurality. It’s absolutely bizarre how people keep bringing up that 74 million number as if it’s somehow proof Trump is exceptionally popular when actually in context it’s proof he’s exceptionally unpopular. 7 million more people came out to vote AGAINST him.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2022, 07:31:13 PM »

Modern Republicans are 100% the villains. They actively work every day to attack LGBTQ rights, women's rights, worker's rights, democracy, the working class, the planet... should I go on?

Republicans have been the villains since their founding.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2022, 07:31:25 PM »

Dark Brandon continues his reign of terror…
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2022, 07:33:12 PM »

The Ben Collins tweets pretty much cover this, but this is probably the highest level of vitriol I've seen on the right-wing web since the lead-up to January 6th.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2022, 07:34:16 PM »

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2022, 07:35:46 PM »

It's a slippery slope though. This guy lost an election and still received 74 million votes.

I keep seeing THAT number pulled out by doomers and Republicans and I think THAT is also idiotic. Turnout was way up, obviously his vote total would go up for that reason alone but was still well below Biden’s 81 million! Reminder that Trump NEVER has gotten more votes than his opponents; Hillary got more votes in 2016 too. Even in the 2016 primaries, he only won with a plurality. It’s absolutely bizarre how people keep bringing up that 74 million number as if it’s somehow proof Trump is exceptionally popular when actually in context it’s proof he’s exceptionally unpopular. 7 million more people came out to vote AGAINST him.

Stop calling people doomers.

Trump caused havoc in this country and so far has gotten away with everything, even when it seems like walls are closing in on him. It’s not illogical to doom when it comes to Trump.

Anyway, he WILL become a martyr to some portion of the country. C’mon. You don’t think the MAGA people won’t treat him even more like a god? They took over the Capitol and killed cops for him.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2022, 07:37:47 PM »

Hmmmmm.
Very interesting.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2022, 07:37:53 PM »

Stop calling people doomers.

Trump caused havoc in this country and so far has gotten away with everything, even when it seems like walls are closing in on him. It’s not illogical to doom when it comes to Trump.

Anyway, he WILL become a martyr to some portion of the country. C’mon. You don’t think the MAGA people won’t treat him even more like a god? They took over the Capitol and killed cops for him.

I’ll call people doomers who are being irrationally pessimistic and imagining the worst case scenario even in the face of good news. And the guy lost and failed every attempt to overturn that loss. He’s not invincible the way his supporters and even some of his opponents like to make him out to be.

And he won’t be a martyr to anyone who didn’t already worship him. His cult isn’t big enough to win. Elections are won by swing voters. This won’t help him with them.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2022, 07:41:30 PM »

This probably wouldn’t apply to the presidency since the qualification and disqualification rules are in the constitution and a law does not supersede that . Now a conviction for attempted insurrection could as their is a provision in the constitution that says those people are disqualified
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2022, 07:43:40 PM »

This probably wouldn’t apply to the presidency since the qualification and disqualification rules are in the constitution and a law does not supersede that . Now a conviction for attempted insurrection could as their is a provision in the constitution that says those people are disqualified

This is probably correct.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2022, 07:44:39 PM »

This is insanely dramatically written “raided and under siege” and meant to provoke an emotional response in his supporters. He really can be a drama queen can’t he?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2022, 07:44:47 PM »

Do you understand the concept of sarcasm? Humor? Comedy?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2022, 07:46:21 PM »

Ferguson has said over and over he views conservatives to be evil and people who vote Republican to be less moral than those who vote democratic.

So it is a valid question to ask him
LtNOWIS

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2022, 07:46:46 PM »

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2022, 07:52:37 PM »

I don’t know why but I feel this will hurt Biden and the democrats in the midterm. People will blame them as a “political witch hunt” and use it to further the nonsense bothsidisms.

Or maybe I’ve just been around my dad for too long
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2022, 07:54:17 PM »

I seriously hope I am around the Trump tower when they send in the Men in Black. That sight would be beautiful to see.
Splash
United States

« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2022, 07:54:27 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies