FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:41:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120243 times)
Stockdale for Veep

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2550 on: June 09, 2023, 03:49:43 PM »

Trump's response to why there are classified docs stacked in the ballroom:

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2551 on: June 09, 2023, 03:58:11 PM »

From Corocoran's recordings, Trump initially wanted to just lie and say they didn't have any boxes so no one would search through them. Then he wanted Corocoran to just take care of them like Hillary's e-mails were deleted.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2552 on: June 09, 2023, 04:03:51 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2023, 05:11:03 PM by emailking »

"Wouldn't it be better if we just told them we don't have anything here?" and "Well look, isn't it better if there are no documents?"

^ Trump told his lawyers.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2553 on: June 09, 2023, 04:53:57 PM »

Why did Trump want all those documents in the first place? Either it's because he wanted to have them as some sort of mementos or trophies, which would be stupidly childish or he wanted to have them as assets, which would be brazenly callous towards his own country even by his own standards.
So the explanation either involves Trump going stupidly childish or brazenly callous...I'd say thus both are very plausible.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2554 on: June 09, 2023, 04:57:45 PM »

Did we ever get to the root of why Trump thought he could take all these documents with him?

I think it's as simple as Trump believing he's entitled to do whatever he feels like, and rules don't matter.  He fits all the characteristics of a narcissistic sociopath.

Trump is also a stupid-ass narcissist though, basically the Joe Exotic of American politics.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2555 on: June 09, 2023, 05:35:37 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2556 on: June 09, 2023, 05:47:54 PM »

Lmao he’s really going to die in prison (or at least under house arrest). Resistance Libs remain undefeated.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2557 on: June 09, 2023, 05:51:19 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2558 on: June 09, 2023, 06:13:10 PM »

Trump calling for protests or violence or something here.

SEE YOU IN MIAMI ON TUESDAY!!!
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2559 on: June 09, 2023, 06:16:25 PM »

He certainly is.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #2560 on: June 09, 2023, 06:38:00 PM »

Based on pics, Mar-a-Lago looks like trash. Old and tacky.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2561 on: June 09, 2023, 07:07:12 PM »

Lots of people like to have reading material available in the bathroom, but this is taking it to a whole new level.

You're suggesting Trump reads his briefings or reads at all? Gross.

Does doodling on them with Sharpie count?
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2562 on: June 09, 2023, 07:16:12 PM »

His lawyers quit:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/09/trump-loses-two-lawyers-just-hours-after-being-indicted-00101263
Jim Trusty and John Rowley, who helmed Trump’s Washington, D.C.-based legal team for months and were seen frequently at the federal courthouse, indicated they would no longer represent Trump in matters being investigated and prosecuted by special counsel Jack Smith, who is probing both the documents matter and efforts by Trump to subvert the 2020 election.

In their place, Trump indicated that Todd Blanche — an attorney he recently retained to help fight unrelated felony charges brought by Manhattan district attorney Alvin Bragg in April — would lead his legal team, along with a firm to be named later. Trump and his team have liked Blanche, who is expected to play a more elevated, central role.

I'm guessing they don't want to be stuck defending a client who lies to them and won't ever pay.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2563 on: June 09, 2023, 07:41:03 PM »

Judge Cannon will be presiding:
https://www.npr.org/2023/06/09/1181310860/aileen-cannon-trump-indictment
U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon has been assigned, at least for now, to oversee the case stemming from Donald Trump's indictment, a source confirmed to NPR on Friday.
Jay 🏳️‍⚧️
trippytropicana
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #2564 on: June 09, 2023, 07:59:44 PM »

Judge Cannon will be presiding:
https://www.npr.org/2023/06/09/1181310860/aileen-cannon-trump-indictment
U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon has been assigned, at least for now, to oversee the case stemming from Donald Trump's indictment, a source confirmed to NPR on Friday.

The same Aileen Cannon that the 11th circuit eviscerated due to her going above and beyond to defend Trump during the initial FBI probes?

https://newrepublic.com/article/169290/trump-aileen-cannon-eleventh-circuit
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2565 on: June 09, 2023, 08:04:42 PM »

Trump is finito. All of this was his doing.

He could have lived out his life in peace being the scummy celebrity "billionaire" that he was. But his racism and narcissism led him to run for president. He put the spotlight all of him for no reason.

He is such a thin-skinned person he couldn't handle President Obama poking fun at him at the White House correspondence dinner, which inflamed him with a desire for revenge. Plus ad narcissist personality disorder.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2566 on: June 09, 2023, 08:09:59 PM »

I know it’ll be trash but I really wanna hear Fuzzy Bear’s take.

"But what about all the classified documents that Biden and Pence had?!? Why are we picking and choosing who we prosecute for such actions? (Pretends the concept of mens rea doesn't exist)"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2567 on: June 09, 2023, 08:12:50 PM »

Genuinely nice to see us agree for once. Smiley
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2568 on: June 09, 2023, 08:50:23 PM »

"But what about all the classified documents that Biden and Pence had?!? Why are we picking and choosing who we prosecute for such actions? (Pretends the concept of mens rea doesn't exist)"

I bet Pence will be put in an awkward position because he will have to respond to Trump saying they both did the same thing. He'll probably try to incriminate himself just to desperately sway the primary voters.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2569 on: June 09, 2023, 09:05:58 PM »

Tonight Trump accused Biden of selling classified information to China, says Smith has put the country through hell, said he was deranged again, and accuses the FBI of planting some/all of the documents. See below.

Hillary and Biden were not Indicted. Hillary destroyed 33,000 emails with BleachBit, and smashed her phones with a hammer. Biden was even worse, but they didn’t get Indicted and, unlike them, I never gave a foreign power anything. Biden probably did. He gave to China because China gave him a lot of money?

The News Conference just given by Deranged Special Prosecutor (and Trump Hater) Jack Smith was one of the weakest ever. After putting our Country through Hell, with fake charges about a “No Crime” under the Presidential Records Act, the Clinton Socks Case, and more, he sheepishly spoke for three minutes, said nothing, and walked off the stage. He is a Coward and a Thug!

When the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago, they wouldn’t let my lawyers or representatives anywhere near them. They wouldn’t tell us what they took. Knowing them, and based on past performance, they probably later “stuffed” in other documents. My lawyers had to wait outside, on a very hot day. The FBI took my medical records, birth certificate, and passports, and just about anything else they were able to get their hands on. What a group! They didn’t do this to Crooked Joe Biden or Hillary.

Does everyone know that Deranged Special Prosecutor Jack Smith was in charge of Lois Lerner and the IRS Scandal?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2570 on: June 09, 2023, 09:09:31 PM »

Good thread here. Click to read the whole thing.

South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #2571 on: June 09, 2023, 10:08:32 PM »

Something something political witch hunt something something Hunter Biden

This was literally my dad's take as well.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2572 on: June 09, 2023, 10:42:37 PM »

Tonight Trump accused Biden of selling classified information to China, says Smith has put the country through hell, said he was deranged again, and accuses the FBI of planting some/all of the documents. See below.

Hillary and Biden were not Indicted. Hillary destroyed 33,000 emails with BleachBit, and smashed her phones with a hammer. Biden was even worse, but they didn’t get Indicted and, unlike them, I never gave a foreign power anything. Biden probably did. He gave to China because China gave him a lot of money?

The News Conference just given by Deranged Special Prosecutor (and Trump Hater) Jack Smith was one of the weakest ever. After putting our Country through Hell, with fake charges about a “No Crime” under the Presidential Records Act, the Clinton Socks Case, and more, he sheepishly spoke for three minutes, said nothing, and walked off the stage. He is a Coward and a Thug!

When the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago, they wouldn’t let my lawyers or representatives anywhere near them. They wouldn’t tell us what they took. Knowing them, and based on past performance, they probably later “stuffed” in other documents. My lawyers had to wait outside, on a very hot day. The FBI took my medical records, birth certificate, and passports, and just about anything else they were able to get their hands on. What a group! They didn’t do this to Crooked Joe Biden or Hillary.

Does everyone know that Deranged Special Prosecutor Jack Smith was in charge of Lois Lerner and the IRS Scandal?

The bolded text above is a confession that he sold some of the documents he stole to foreign powers.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2573 on: June 09, 2023, 11:35:46 PM »

Trump is lucky that the legally questionable Bragg one came first.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2574 on: June 09, 2023, 11:38:40 PM »

See you next Tuesday indeed Donald.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies