FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:29:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 ... 130
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 114636 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2425 on: June 08, 2023, 07:23:27 AM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2426 on: June 08, 2023, 09:32:37 AM »

Perhaps off topic, but I deem it not a coincidence that a host of new people have announced they are running for POTUS in the last fortnight. I suspect it is due to the perception that the odds that Trump's legal troubles will sink him have gone up substantially, and then the issue of multiple candidates dividing the anti-Trump vote and ensuring Trump's nomination goes away.
The odds have gone up of Trump's political demise because of the recent smoking gun evidence that has emerged (the moving around documents back and and forth and the tape where Trump admits the docs were classified) that Trump did commit multiple crimes with respect to the documents beyond a reasonable doubt, including most particularly obstruction of justice. With Trump politically castrated, the more the merrier.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2427 on: June 08, 2023, 10:21:25 AM »

I think Pence was waiting to be cleared on his documents issue. But otherwise yes I think Trump's issues are going to hurt him in the primary and the pols think so too, although the 2024 board is convinced they will help him lock it up lol.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2428 on: June 08, 2023, 11:08:20 AM »

CNN: Former White House official told federal prosecutors Trump knew of proper declassification process and followed it while in office
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2429 on: June 08, 2023, 11:46:02 AM »

I think Pence was waiting to be cleared on his documents issue. But otherwise yes I think Trump's issues are going to hurt him in the primary and the pols think so too, although the 2024 board is convinced they will help him lock it up lol.

Frequenting that particular place is not good for one's mental health. Stay away is my best advice. The thing is, is that Trump seems to have managed to have created conclusive proof that he has committed serious crimes, with malice aforethought because he thought the laws only applied to the little people, and never himself, that will entail serious time, like years in prison. And he will be tied down in a rather lengthy trial process while campaigning, unless he chooses to skip the trial, as is his right apparently, even for criminal trials.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2430 on: June 08, 2023, 01:03:15 PM »

Pending Supreme Court Case Complicates Special Counsel Smith’s Choices

Much has been written in the last 24 hours about where charges against former President Donald Trump would be brought with respect to his handling of government documents and obstructing the investigation into that conduct. The Constitution requires each criminal charge be brought in the location where the criminal conduct at issue occurred, but often that is in multiple jurisdictions, leaving the government free to choose from a variety of locations after considering a variety of factors.

But what if.

What if Special Counsel Jack Smith charges Trump in Washington DC, wins a criminal conviction from a jury finding the former president guilty of all charges, but also finding that the conduct occurred outside of DC and thus should never have heard the case? Can Smith try again in Florida?

Maybe not.

https://www.justsecurity.org/86845/pending-supreme-court-case-complicates-special-counsel-smiths-choices/

Good article about why everything may be shifting to Florida.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2431 on: June 08, 2023, 01:41:22 PM »

Much has been written in the last 24 hours about where charges against former President Donald Trump would be brought with respect to his handling of government documents and obstructing the investigation into that conduct. The Constitution requires each criminal charge be brought in the location where the criminal conduct at issue occurred, but often that is in multiple jurisdictions, leaving the government free to choose from a variety of locations after considering a variety of factors.

But what if.

What if Special Counsel Jack Smith charges Trump in Washington DC, wins a criminal conviction from a jury finding the former president guilty of all charges, but also finding that the conduct occurred outside of DC and thus should never have heard the case? Can Smith try again in Florida?

Maybe not.

https://www.justsecurity.org/86845/pending-supreme-court-case-complicates-special-counsel-smiths-choices/

Jack Smith only needs to wait 3 weeks max to find out what SCOTUS thinks apparently. He would be prudent to do so.

The talk is that he will file in both DC and Florida to cover all his bases.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2432 on: June 08, 2023, 02:41:59 PM »

If this is true, it would explain a lot about why Meadows has reportedly flipped on Trump.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2433 on: June 08, 2023, 02:42:54 PM »

If this is true, it would explain a lot about why Meadows has reportedly flipped on Trump.

Totally stuff innocent people are doing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2434 on: June 08, 2023, 04:52:35 PM »

But what if.

Maybe not.

Jack Smith only needs to wait 3 weeks max to find out what SCOTUS thinks apparently. He would be prudent to do so.

The talk is that he will file in both DC and Florida to cover all his bases.

Oral argument occurred in the case only a few weeks ago. Surely it's going to take significantly longer than 3 weeks from now, quite possibly more than 3 months from now, for a ruling.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2435 on: June 08, 2023, 06:31:38 PM »

Page 1: The corrupt Biden Administration has informed my attorneys that I have been Indicted, seemingly over the Boxes Hoax, even though Joe Biden has 1850 Boxes at the University of Delaware, additional Boxes in Chinatown, D.C., with even more Boxes at the University of Pennsylvania, and documents strewn all over his garage floor where he parks his Corvette, and which is “secured” by only a garage door that is paper thin, and open much of the time.

Page 2: I have been summoned to appear at the Federal Courthouse in Miami on Tuesday, at 3 PM. I never thought it possible that such a thing could happen to a former President of the United States, who received far more votes than any sitting President in the History of our Country, and is currently leading, by far, all Candidates, both Democrat and Republican, in Polls of the 2024 Presidential Election. I AM AN INNOCENT MAN!

Page 3: This is indeed a DARK DAY for the United States of America. We are a Country in serious and rapid Decline, but together we will Make America Great Again!

^ Trump says he's been indicted.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2436 on: June 08, 2023, 06:36:42 PM »

How does he know that Biden's garage door is open "most of the time"?
Is he spying him?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2437 on: June 08, 2023, 06:39:16 PM »

Trump has been indicted
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2438 on: June 08, 2023, 06:40:14 PM »

Alina Habba his attorney was asked about the statement and says it speaks for itself, so it's probably true that he's been indicted along with the Tuesday date to turn himself in.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2439 on: June 08, 2023, 06:40:17 PM »

OC tells the truth.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-justice-department-indictment-classified-documents-miami-182ac44fde89767bc0c3e634f61686bd
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2440 on: June 08, 2023, 06:40:56 PM »

Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #2441 on: June 08, 2023, 06:44:22 PM »

Splash
United States

« Reply #2442 on: June 08, 2023, 06:53:18 PM »

SEVEN COUNTS

I am guessing obstruction of justice and Espionage Act violations?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2443 on: June 08, 2023, 06:56:40 PM »

Congrats on your election mr Trump…
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2444 on: June 08, 2023, 06:57:36 PM »

I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2445 on: June 08, 2023, 07:12:48 PM »

I thought there would be more counts for what is considered a slam dunk case.
Splash
United States

« Reply #2446 on: June 08, 2023, 07:19:14 PM »

I thought there would be more counts for what is considered a slam dunk case.

Some outlets/reporters are saying "at least seven counts..." so I guess it could be more. Not clear.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2447 on: June 08, 2023, 07:20:00 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2448 on: June 08, 2023, 08:30:31 PM »

Minor note among the celebrations here. I think we can unsticky this thread and allow it to Fall by the wayside in favor of the Trump indictment thread. Maybe let someone create a second one to focus on the documents indictment? Or just continue this one?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2449 on: June 08, 2023, 08:33:07 PM »

Oh hey, page 100.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to: