FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:44:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 129
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 110244 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2300 on: March 24, 2023, 09:27:41 PM »

When will we know if Corcoran threw Trump under the bus today?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2301 on: March 25, 2023, 09:08:33 AM »

Possibly we'll see something in any indictment. Other than that, trial.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2302 on: March 25, 2023, 10:07:53 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2023, 04:21:42 PM by Torie »

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/thats-gonna-be-devastating-former-u-s-attorney-reacts-to-trump-lawyer-testifying-before-grand-jury/

This guy Litman actually thinks that Corcoran's conversations with Trump were recorded. That seems implausible to me. In any event, Litman is certainly very excited by it all - downright giddy.

It does seem like the period of the deposition of  over 3 hours would be excessively long if Corcoran took the 5th the whole time or refused to answer.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2303 on: March 25, 2023, 11:28:39 AM »

This guy Litman actually thinks that Corcoran's conversations with Trump were recorded. That seems implausible to me. In any event, Litman is certainly very excited by it all - downright giddy.

ABC reported there were recordings. He didn't make it up.

Sources added that Howell also ordered Corcoran to hand over a number of records tied to what Howell described as Trump's alleged "criminal scheme," echoing prosecutors. Those records include handwritten notes, invoices, and transcriptions of personal audio recordings.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/sources-special-counsel-claims-trump-deliberately-misled-attorneys/story?id=98024191
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2304 on: March 25, 2023, 11:30:43 AM »

ABC reported there were recordings. He didn't make it up.

Sources added that Howell also ordered Corcoran to hand over a number of records tied to what Howell described as Trump's alleged "criminal scheme," echoing prosecutors. Those records include handwritten notes, invoices, and transcriptions of personal audio recordings.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/sources-special-counsel-claims-trump-deliberately-misled-attorneys/story?id=98024191

OK. Why on earth would Trump allow his lawyer to record him? I wonder if Trump knew if it was by phone.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2305 on: March 26, 2023, 12:59:30 AM »

The GOP's transformation from political party to criminal enterprise/terrorist cult is almost complete.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2306 on: March 26, 2023, 01:54:33 AM »

(Going to put this here, since it's another thing Trump stole.)

Even as he advocates more treasonous terrorism to save himself from possibly being charges for lying about bribing the sex worker he cheated on his wife with, here's a reminder that the leader of the Republican terrorist cult"party" is also a vain, petty thief.

Trump didn't just steal top secret documents when he left office. He also stole foreign gifts to the President, including a giant portrait of himself found (by the NYT) gathering dust in a utility hallway of his Miami Dorel hotel.

https://money.yahoo.com/8-foot-tall-portrait-trump-230211613.html

House Democrats released a report earlier this month declaring Trump had failed to report more than 100 expensive foreign gifts that he received while in office, some of which were still missing. The report said El Salvador's president, Nayib Bukele, presented Trump with the large portrait towards the end of his presidency, ahead of the 2020 elections.
The Times sent a reporter to the hotel this week to confirm the painting's location: and there it was next to a pile of old yoga maps, collecting dust, with its ornate gold frame resting on a crumbling, purple foam pad. It was being stored in a small area that led to electrical rooms, with doors that read: "ELECTRICAL ROOM No Storage."
Under US law, any gifts a president or federal official receives from foreign governments that are valued at more than $415 must be reported to the State Department. If an official would like to keep one of the gifts when leaving office, they are required to pay for it.

The report from House Democrats said, "the Trump Administration's failure to disclose more than one hundred foreign gifts President Trump and his family received raises new questions about whether these and other gifts may have been used by foreign governments to influence US policy under President Trump."
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2307 on: April 02, 2023, 02:48:25 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #2308 on: April 02, 2023, 04:44:55 PM »

So he gets indicted on this one too. Hopefully Garland & Jack Smith will do their job!

What does it take for the Trump Cultists to abandon him?

Would be amazing if this 2nd Indictment comes right before Iowa to punish him!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2309 on: April 02, 2023, 04:58:26 PM »

GA is likely gonna be the next shoe to drop on Trump but it won't be a Trump indictment it will be Indictments of Electors, we don't know when the Feds are gonna release the Docugate probe but it's not gonna be before IA

They haven't released Docugate on Biden yet so RFK Jr can run in the primary and he desperately wants to run in 24 or 28

I support Biden but rather have RFK Jr because we know he is compromises he cost us wave insurance Booker could have won bigger in 20)22
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2310 on: April 03, 2023, 02:26:05 AM »

Of course.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2311 on: April 03, 2023, 07:48:53 AM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2312 on: April 03, 2023, 10:59:54 AM »

What would they know? They overheard Trump mouthing off in anger incriminating himself? They're mine, their mine, they have no right to know that I have them, and they are not taking them from me except from my cold dead hands!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2313 on: April 03, 2023, 11:38:34 AM »

What would they know? They overheard Trump mouthing off in anger incriminating himself? They're mine, their mine, they have no right to know that I have them, and they are not taking them from me except from my cold dead hands!

Speculation: it might be related to the report upthread that Smith has evidence that Trump went through the boxes after receiving the grand jury subpoena.  (And did what? That's a very key question.)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2314 on: April 03, 2023, 11:55:10 AM »

Speculation: it might be related to the report upthread that Smith has evidence that Trump went through the boxes after receiving the grand jury subpoena.  (And did what? That's a very key question.)

Yes, although would the agents really be in the room to watch Trump separate the docs into two piles, the OK to turn them over pile, and the hide them pile because he really wanted to keep them, he loved them so much. Trump culling the docs himself to decide which to purloin and lie about is not a very good luck to a jury.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3930885-doj-has-more-evidence-of-possible-trump-obstruction-in-classified-documents-case-washington-post/

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2315 on: April 03, 2023, 02:58:05 PM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2316 on: April 03, 2023, 03:13:45 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2023, 03:17:09 PM by Torie »

Looking at that video, Trump really has lost it. It was painful to watch. I had a right to take those documents. They're mine, they're mine, all mine! Trump freaked when Hannity said of course you didn't look at the documents in the boxes, when of course he had. That is why they were strewn all over the floor, among other things.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2317 on: April 03, 2023, 03:46:55 PM »

Looking at that video, Trump really has lost it. It was painful to watch. I had a right to take those documents. They're mine, they're mine, all mine! Trump freaked when Hannity said of course you didn't look at the documents in the boxes, when of course he had. That is why they were strewn all over the floor, among other things.

It is just another case where Trump is (potentially) blatantly incriminating himself. He has done this many times, so far he has somehow managed to avoid being bitten. Maybe it will eventually actually catch up to him.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2318 on: April 03, 2023, 03:59:45 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2023, 04:05:55 PM by Torie »

It is just another case where Trump is (potentially) blatantly incriminating himself. He has done this many times, so far he has somehow managed to avoid being bitten. Maybe it will eventually actually catch up to him.

Trump knows it is not a crime to spin out crazy legal theories (like he has a right to the documents) or to lie like a rug, if not under oath, and does so with regularity because he is a sociopath. Someone ratted on him about culling the documents to decide which ones he would decide to secret.

If you have the stomach for it, you can read the transcript of Trump's call to Raffensperger, where he goes utterly nutter spinning out every conspiracy theory known to man, and making sh*t up, until finally Meadows cuts him off after he sounds like Captain Queeg talking about the stolen strawberry conspiracy for too long a time on the stand. He really is a sociopath. That is not hyperbole, much less "extreme hyperbole."  It's a calm and considered statement of fact. Angel

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/03/politics/trump-brad-raffensperger-phone-call-transcript/index.html

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2319 on: April 03, 2023, 07:11:53 PM »

Trump knows it is not a crime to spin out crazy legal theories (like he has a right to the documents) or to lie like a rug, if not under oath, and does so with regularity because he is a sociopath. Someone ratted on him about culling the documents to decide which ones he would decide to secret.

It is certainly not a crime for Trump to spin out crazy legal theories.

However, what he said, and this is a direct quote, was "I would do that."

He didn't say "I could do that." He said that he "would" do that, not the word "could." If he had said "could," that would be him saying, as a matter of legal theory, that he could do that, and so that would be just spinning a crazy legal theory, which by itself would be fine (legally) for him to do.

But he went beyond could and said that he actually would do that, that this is actually something that he had the sort of intent and frame of mind that he would actually do, not just theoretically.

Granted, he did not say that he "dd" do it. If he had used the word "did," rather than "should," then it would have been an outright admission that he did it.

But still, saying "would" rather than merely "could" seems pretty significant, because it is an admission that it is the sort of thing he could do. In  other words, he would say that it is not crazy to think that he would do that. That admission makes it a lot more plausible that he in fact did do it.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2320 on: April 04, 2023, 12:28:43 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2321 on: April 09, 2023, 10:02:46 PM »

Great job today by highly respected attorney Jim Trusty on “Meet the Fake Press,” hosted by highly partisan Democrat anchor “Sleepy Eyes” Chuck Todd, and also on This Week with George Slopahopoulos, hosted by the very weak and ineffective “anchor,” Johnny Carl. Trusty took them apart on the Boxes Hoax saying, among other things, that Biden is the one who has problems, not President Trump. I come under the NON CRIMINAL Presidential Records Act, Biden doesn’t. He has  CHINATOWN BOXES & 1850 BOXES!

The BOXES HOAX, WHERE I DID NOTHING WRONG, BUT BIDEN DID, IS JUST ANOTHER WAY FOR THE DEMOCRATS TO CHEAT ON ELECTIONS THROUGH, IN THIS CASE, ELECTION INTERFERENCE. I AM COVERED BY THE PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS ACT AND, UNLIKE BIDEN WHO WAS NOT PRESIDENT, HAVE THE POWER TO DECLASSIFY. MY PEOPLE ARE BEING THREATENED AND HARASSED BY A THUG PROSECUTOR WHO WAS PUT IN BY BIDEN TRUMP HATERS. OUR LEGAL SYSTEM IS CORRUPT, AND THE DEMOCRATS ARE USING IT TO RIGG THE 2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. WAY UP IN POLLS!

^ Trump on his boxes today
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2322 on: April 12, 2023, 03:36:56 PM »

Witnesses Asked About Trump’s Handling of Map With Classified Information
The map is just one element of the Justice Department’s inquiry into former President Donald Trump’s possession of sensitive documents and whether he obstructed justice in seeking to hold onto them.

Federal investigators are asking witnesses whether former President Donald J. Trump showed off to aides and visitors a map he took with him when he left office that contains sensitive intelligence information, four people with knowledge of the matter said.

The map has been just one focus of the broad Justice Department investigation into Mr. Trump’s handling of classified documents after he departed the White House.

The nature of the map and the information it contained is not clear. But investigators have questioned a number of witnesses about it, according to the people with knowledge of the matter, as the special counsel overseeing the Justice Department’s Trump-focused inquiries, Jack Smith, examines the former president’s handling of classified material after leaving office and weighs charges that could include obstruction of justice.

One person briefed on the matter said investigators have asked about Mr. Trump showing the map while aboard a plane. Another said that, based on the questions they were asking, investigators appeared to believe that Mr. Trump showed the map to at least one adviser after leaving office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/12/us/politics/trump-map-classified-documents-justice-department.html
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2323 on: April 12, 2023, 04:03:22 PM »

Witnesses Asked About Trump’s Handling of Map With Classified Information
The map is just one element of the Justice Department’s inquiry into former President Donald Trump’s possession of sensitive documents and whether he obstructed justice in seeking to hold onto them.

Federal investigators are asking witnesses whether former President Donald J. Trump showed off to aides and visitors a map he took with him when he left office that contains sensitive intelligence information, four people with knowledge of the matter said.

The map has been just one focus of the broad Justice Department investigation into Mr. Trump’s handling of classified documents after he departed the White House.

The nature of the map and the information it contained is not clear. But investigators have questioned a number of witnesses about it, according to the people with knowledge of the matter, as the special counsel overseeing the Justice Department’s Trump-focused inquiries, Jack Smith, examines the former president’s handling of classified material after leaving office and weighs charges that could include obstruction of justice.

One person briefed on the matter said investigators have asked about Mr. Trump showing the map while aboard a plane. Another said that, based on the questions they were asking, investigators appeared to believe that Mr. Trump showed the map to at least one adviser after leaving office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/12/us/politics/trump-map-classified-documents-justice-department.html

That's not just obstruction they're asking about. That's would be Espionage Act violation.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793
Redban

« Reply #2324 on: April 14, 2023, 01:36:21 PM »

Bill Barr chimes in on the Mar-a-Lago obstruction case:

Basically, he thinks this case, unlike Bragg's indictment, is going to be real trouble for Trump. He cites the judge's ruling to puncture Trump's attorney-client priviledge, which hints that the government had a lot of evidence for the judge: "that and just the things I read in the newspaper make me feel that there’s probably a likelihood that they have people — people who have cooperated with the government and may be able to establish that he well knew he had not delivered all the documents back to the government,”

https://nypost.com/2023/04/14/bill-barr-trumps-reckless-behavior-led-to-special-counsels-probes/
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies