FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:49:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 ... 130
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 113937 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2250 on: December 12, 2022, 05:15:46 PM »

I would be kind of surprised if it happens that quickly considering the special counsel only recently came on board, but given that the investigation was already well advanced I guess it's possible.
A Trump indictment would see Florida Governor Ron DeSantis on a glide path to the GOP 2024 Presidential Nomination as he would instantly inherit almost all of the Trump Base Voters so I hope this happens.

Why do you believe that a Trump indictment would hurt him in the primary? Who would have an indictment as their final straw?

A tangible number of people I think, even among GOP primary voters.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2251 on: December 12, 2022, 05:40:56 PM »

I would be kind of surprised if it happens that quickly considering the special counsel only recently came on board, but given that the investigation was already well advanced I guess it's possible.
A Trump indictment would see Florida Governor Ron DeSantis on a glide path to the GOP 2024 Presidential Nomination as he would instantly inherit almost all of the Trump Base Voters so I hope this happens.

Why do you believe that a Trump indictment would hurt him in the primary? Who would have an indictment as their final straw?

Even if an indictment itself isn't a hard line for some of them, the fact that it's likely to turn off enough other voters to cause Trump to lose the general election would also make some not vote for him in the primary.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2252 on: December 12, 2022, 05:55:53 PM »

Counselor, and former prosecutor, assuming Trump is indicted in the next couple of months over papergate (Jan 6 I don't think is in play, or trying to turn Georgia electors, etc), how long would one expect until a trial? It seems to me Trump will either be convicted or not prior to the 2024 primary season. Criminal cases don't consume Dickensonian amounts of time to resolve do they? And papergate, famous last words, I don't think is that convoluted a case.

Absent your comments to the contrary, I would thin the odds are low that papergate will still be twisting slowly, slowly in the wind, when it comes time for the voters to point their thumbs up or down.

If convicted on papergate, do you have an opinion as to the odds that Trump will spend some time in Club Fed, or will he just be fined, put on parole, with a lecture from the judge that he was a naughty boy, and should sin no more?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2253 on: January 04, 2023, 05:46:36 PM »

Jack Smith returns to U.S. weeks after becoming Trump special counsel
Tasked with two Trump-related investigations, the former war crimes prosecutor has returned from Europe, people familiar with the situation said

The Justice Department special counsel tasked with overseeing two major investigations of former president Donald Trump has arrived in the United States, according to people familiar with the matter, after remaining in Europe to recover from an injury during his first weeks on the high-profile job.

Jack Smith, a Kosovo war crimes prosecutor at The Hague, was appointed on Nov. 18 to lead the criminal probe of Trump’s possible mishandling of classified documents at his Florida home and private club and key aspects of the sprawling Jan. 6, 2021, investigation. He had injured his leg in a recent bicycle accident and was recovering from surgery when Attorney General Merrick Garland announced the appointment.

Justice Department officials said in November that Smith was assuming his responsibilities from The Hague and that his appointment would not slow down the investigations. But they offered few details about when he would return to America or how he was assembling a special counsel team and reviewing materials while abroad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/01/03/jack-smith-returns-special-counsel-trump/
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2254 on: January 12, 2023, 02:12:31 AM »

The Special Counsel Investigating Trump Faces Headwinds Few Others Have
Jack Smith’s challenges include a newly empowered Republican House majority and the recent disclosures of President Biden’s retention of classified documents.

Jack Smith, the special counsel appointed to investigate former President Donald J. Trump, was already working 12-hour days before moving from his home in The Hague to Washington for a new job and an uncertain future.

He has asked prosecutors to stress-test potential charges related to Mr. Trump’s handling of national security documents after he left office. He has called back key witnesses to scrutinize their accounts and present more information before the grand jury.

Mary McCord, a former top official in the Justice Department’s national security division, cautioned that the circumstances did not seem comparable based on what was publicly known so far, but she acknowledged that the Biden case could shape Mr. Smith’s work.

Some investigators on Mr. Smith’s team believe that any initial charging decisions, expected as early as this summer, will involve the investigation into whether Mr. Trump illegally kept classified materials at his Florida estate and obstructed repeated efforts to retrieve them. That case involves a more discrete set of facts than the sprawling examination into Mr. Trump’s actions leading up to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/11/us/politics/jack-smith-trump-special-counsel.html

Charges could come as early as the summer.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2255 on: January 12, 2023, 10:28:53 PM »

Little meltdown from Trump today

Page 1. The Special “Prosecutor” assigned to the “get Trump case,” Jack Smith(?), is a Trump Hating THUG whose wife is a serial and open Trump Hater, whose friends & other family members are even worse, and as a prosecutor in Europe, according to Ric Grenell, put a high government official in prison because he was a Trump positive person. Smith is known as “an unfair Savage,” & is best friends with the craziest Trump haters, including Lisa Monaco who runs “Injustice.” The Boxes Scam is a HOAX...

Page 2. For seven years, from the day I came down the escalator in Trump Tower, the Democrat Party has WEAPONIZED the “Legal” System, using City, State, and Federal Law Enforcement against me and the Republican Party as though they were a Private Protection Agency. The greatest Witch Hunt in American History must end now. I beat the Fake Impeachments, the disgraceful Mueller Persecution, and much else that the Fake News doesn’t want to write or talk about, but this charade MUST STOP NOW!!!

Page 3. Fire a man who may very well turn out to be a criminal, Jack Smith. His conflicts, unfairness, and mental state of derangement make him totally unfit for the job of “getting Trump." Go after Biden and the Biden Crime Family instead. Like Bill Barr, the U.S. Attorneys in Delaware and Illinois are weak, ineffective, and afraid to do what must be done. The Election was RIGGED, and we are now losing our Country. We can’t let that happen. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Merrick Garland has to immediately end Special Counsel investigation into anything related to me because I did everything right, and appoint a Special Counsel to investigate Joe Biden who hates Biden as much as Jack Smith hates me.

From "truth"
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2256 on: January 13, 2023, 10:18:34 AM »

Page 1. The Special “Prosecutor” assigned to the “get Trump case,” Jack Smith(?), is a Trump Hating THUG whose wife is a serial and open Trump Hater, whose friends & other family members are even worse, and as a prosecutor in Europe, according to Ric Grenell, put a high government official in prison because he was a Trump positive person. Smith is known as “an unfair Savage,” & is best friends with the craziest Trump haters, including Lisa Monaco who runs “Injustice.” The Boxes Scam is a HOAX...

Page 2. For seven years, from the day I came down the escalator in Trump Tower, the Democrat Party has WEAPONIZED the “Legal” System, using City, State, and Federal Law Enforcement against me and the Republican Party as though they were a Private Protection Agency. The greatest Witch Hunt in American History must end now. I beat the Fake Impeachments, the disgraceful Mueller Persecution, and much else that the Fake News doesn’t want to write or talk about, but this charade MUST STOP NOW!!!

Page 3. Fire a man who may very well turn out to be a criminal, Jack Smith. His conflicts, unfairness, and mental state of derangement make him totally unfit for the job of “getting Trump." Go after Biden and the Biden Crime Family instead. Like Bill Barr, the U.S. Attorneys in Delaware and Illinois are weak, ineffective, and afraid to do what must be done. The Election was RIGGED, and we are now losing our Country. We can’t let that happen. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Merrick Garland has to immediately end Special Counsel investigation into anything related to me because I did everything right, and appoint a Special Counsel to investigate Joe Biden who hates Biden as much as Jack Smith hates me.

From "truth"

It's getting more difficult to tell if he belongs in a prison cell or a padded cell.

That he still leads the GOP is a disgrace that ought to stop any decent human being from posting with a blue avatar out of overwhelming shame.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2257 on: January 17, 2023, 07:24:37 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2023, 07:28:05 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

From "truth"

It's getting more difficult to tell if he belongs in a prison cell or a padded cell.

That he still leads the GOP is a disgrace that ought to stop any decent human being from posting with a blue avatar out of overwhelming shame.

Alot of users like Old School Rep whom still has a Romney and Ryan map, are Hunters just like why are Hockey, Nascar dad's, white baseball players belong to country club RS and that's the basis for QAnon they aren't that devoted to TRUMP but it's a Hunters club, it's no accident Hockey players are Russians Alex Ovechkin

I may talk stuff about D's we always have the option to donate or not donate and I do think this document scandal is gonna hurt Act blue donations, that's why BLM are with blk athletes and white actors because we aren't Hunters

Why else would you support RS that are for the Rich, blks own guns for their security alot of us are armed security but we aren't Hunters Hockey, Baseball players and Golf players and Nascar dad's are Hunters
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2258 on: January 19, 2023, 02:13:32 AM »

Trump says there was nothing in the folders we saw in the photograph.

Page 1: The Fake News Media & Crooked Democrats (That’s been proven!) keep saying I had a “large number of documents” in order to make the Biden Classified Docs look less significant. When I was in the Oval Office, or elsewhere, & “papers” were distributed to groups of people & me, they would often be in a striped paper folder with “Classified” or “Confidential" or another word on them. When the session was over, they would collect the paper(s), but not the folders, & I saved hundreds of them...

Page 2: Remember, these were just ordinary, inexpensive folders with various words printed on them, but they were a “cool” keepsake. Perhaps the Gestapo took some of these empty folders when they Raided Mar-a-Lago, & counted them as a document, which they are not. It’s also possible that the Trump Hating Marxist Thugs in charge will “plant” documents while they’re in possession of the material. As President, and based on the Presidential Records Act & Socks Case, I did NOTHING WRONG. JOE DID!

Page 3: Biden is being treated so smuch better than me, I’m shocked (not really!). Why aren’t they raiding his house, & how come his representatives and lawyers are allowed to work together with the Gestopo in looking for documents, when my lawyers & representatives were not allowed anywhere near the search. We weren’t even allowed to know what they took when they raided my home. “Please leave the premises,” they said, & then lugged out everything they could, including my Passports & Med Recs.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2259 on: January 24, 2023, 08:13:57 AM »

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/story/opinion/columns/2023/01/24/in-biden-document-affair-its-less-the-content-and-more-the-mess-tim-rowland/69831394007/

They found Biden Documents next to Natl Geographics that's why we have to hear from FBI, this is very serious not exhonerated, and it's 7 yrs Biden had it in his possession
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2260 on: January 24, 2023, 01:40:49 PM »

They found classified documents at Pence home too
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2261 on: January 30, 2023, 08:01:27 PM »

2 people who searched Trump properties for classified documents testified before federal grand jury in Mar-a-Lago probe

Two people who found two classified documents in a Florida storage facility for Donald Trump have testified before a federal grand jury in Washington that’s looking at the former president’s handling of national security records at his Mar-a-Lago residence, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

The two individuals who were hired to search four of Trump’s properties last fall were each interviewed for about three hours in separate appearances last week.

They were hired to search Trump’s Bedminster golf club, Trump Tower in New York, an office location in Florida and a storage unit in Florida last October, months after the FBI executed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago. The extent of information they offered the grand jury remains unclear, though they didn’t decline to answer any questions, one of the sources said.

The development comes at the same time federal prosecutors are pushing to look at files on a laptop of at least one staff member around Trump at Mar-a-Lago, according to multiple sources. At times, the special counsel’s office has been unwilling to negotiate with defense attorneys over recent subpoenas, leading to tense conversations.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/30/politics/mar-a-lago-grand-jury-probe-trump-documents/index.html

This probably means Smith's looking to indict. No other reason to bring them before the GJ.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2262 on: January 31, 2023, 11:08:22 AM »

Why is this no longer stickied?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2263 on: January 31, 2023, 01:48:53 PM »

Not sure but I had to dig it up lol. Personally I'd rather the abortion or covid thread be destickied vs. this and Jan 6. But it was looking pretty cluttered with so many stickied threads.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2264 on: January 31, 2023, 04:34:41 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2023, 04:38:12 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Larry Hogan says Biden invinciblity is crushed Barr AG said that preDocugate that DeSantis gonna he Prez as long as we have this investigation I don't know what Swalwell and Clyburn and Ds users on Forum are justifying that's it's gonna he Biden again

We heard from Hillary

No fraud or Regulation Hillary
Sec Clinton should of known better not to email classified documents Comey
I didn't email and classified documents on my email in Front of Goudyz Comey and UN on TV Hillary

Biden is playing the same tune had documents for 7 yrs during Covid

I am gonna keep saying this over and over just a note Biden hasn't heen seen walking will Jill or Harris whenever he gets into Trouble we didn't see Jill Biden during Tara Reade and he hasn't had any new press conference
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2265 on: January 31, 2023, 08:45:38 PM »

It is now Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2266 on: February 03, 2023, 05:49:52 PM »

This article explains most trenchantly just why and how Trump, who was previously close to a dead man walking legally, over the classified documents affair, now due to Biden's antics, and possible attempted cover-up, is now very likely to skate, and thus get a new lease on life as to his ambitions to retake the throne. Sad!

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2023/02/20/bidens-classified-documents-scandal-will-save-trump-from-his/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=top-of-nav&utm_content=hero-module

Oh yes, Biden's stonewalling on all of this, and refusing to answer any questions, is itself very troubling. Maybe he can get away with it, but I hope not.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2267 on: February 03, 2023, 06:39:10 PM »

He's not likely to skate. Smith makes decision independent of whatever's going on in Biden's case. And if he recommends indictment and Garland passes he has to explain that to Congress.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2268 on: February 04, 2023, 01:53:22 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2023, 02:00:23 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

There is no questions asked that this Chinese spy balloon is connected with these Classified documents the Penn Center gave money to Hunter Biden and Trump has Docugate

But, this comes right after all the classified Documents were discovered as I said before it's a Neutral Environment not a D one and that's enough for RS to win

Biden is commander on Chief and we have a Chinese spy balloon after finding classified Documents Obama's Documents and Veeps aren't supposed to have classified Documents

Yeah it may not matter since Trump did the same thing but it may well matter , polls are bias towards D's anyways Biden plus 6 over Trump but under 50 percent if he is under 50 he isn't plus 6 because winning by 6 that's the majority, Obama won 52/46 in 2008 that's over 50 because Bush W was at 33 percent, again I am boasting about Donations purposes, Biden is gonna have trouble with online fundraiser not Fed funds and Unions thru Union dues I was in a Union automatic donate to all Ds, we still haven't received Student loans Forgiveness of 10 K a campaign promises
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2269 on: February 10, 2023, 07:02:14 PM »

Trump team turns over additional classified records and laptop to federal prosecutors

Former President Donald Trump’s legal team turned over more documents with classified markings and a laptop belonging to an aide to federal prosecutors in recent months, multiple sources familiar with the investigation told CNN.

The Trump attorneys also handed over an empty folder marked “Classified Evening Briefing,” sources said.

The previously undisclosed handovers – from December and January – suggest the protracted effort by the Justice Department to repossess records from Trump’s presidency may not be done.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/10/politics/trump-classified-records-laptop/index.html
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2270 on: February 10, 2023, 07:28:35 PM »

A Trump aide had previously copied those same documents onto a thumb drive and laptop, not realizing they were classified. The laptop, which belonged to an aide, who works for Save America PAC, and the thumb drive were also given to investigators in January.

The stakes just got higher for Trump, as this is unauthorized dissemination (whether intentional or not) of classified documents, in addition to the willful unauthorized retention and obstruction issues previously raised.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2271 on: February 10, 2023, 08:52:27 PM »

I don't really see how there can be an executive privilege claim against an agency of the Executive Branch.  But I'm sure the lawyers will make a lot of money arguing about it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2272 on: February 10, 2023, 10:28:41 PM »

I don't really see how there can be an executive privilege claim against an agency of the Executive Branch.  But I'm sure the lawyers will make a lot of money arguing about it.

Bold of you to assume Trump pays his legal bills
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2273 on: February 15, 2023, 01:30:26 AM »

Prosecutors Seek Trump Lawyer’s Testimony, Suggesting Evidence of Crime
The Justice Department cited the crime-fraud exception to attorney-client privilege in demanding testimony from a lawyer representing former President Donald Trump in his documents case.

Federal prosecutors overseeing the investigation into former President Donald J. Trump’s handling of classified documents are seeking to pierce assertions of attorney-client privilege and compel one of his lawyers to answer more questions before a grand jury, according to two people familiar with the matter, adding an aggressive new dimension to the inquiry and underscoring the legal peril facing Mr. Trump.

The prosecutors have sought approval from a federal judge to invoke what is known as the crime-fraud exception, which allows them to work around attorney-client privilege when they have reason to believe that legal advice or legal services have been used in furthering a crime. The fact that prosecutors invoked the exception in a sealed motion to compel the testimony of the lawyer, M. Evan Corcoran, suggests that they believe Mr. Trump or his allies might have used Mr. Corcoran’s services in that way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/14/us/politics/trump-lawyer-classified-documents-investigation.html
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2274 on: February 19, 2023, 07:52:58 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies