FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:19:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 130
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 114625 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2200 on: November 18, 2022, 06:09:57 PM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2201 on: November 18, 2022, 06:14:17 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2022, 06:32:26 PM by Torie »

This speech was probably written by someone for him to read with his voluminous off the cuff insertions at the same time as his announcement speech.

Mr. Trump, meet Mr. Smith. The latter's surname is prosaic, even duller than my boring surname, but his image is not. If I were you (God loves me just enough perhaps even if I don't love him, so I not you, praise the Lord), I would be sweating like a pig now next to a live lava flow in the tropics.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2202 on: November 18, 2022, 08:15:04 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2203 on: November 19, 2022, 12:35:14 AM »

So Trump says he thought the MAL investigation was dead. What a dumb***.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2204 on: November 19, 2022, 07:38:57 AM »
« Edited: November 19, 2022, 09:14:16 AM by Torie »

Andy McCarthy has a byzantine mind, but one in touch with reality I think rather than fantasy or paranoia.

1. As long as Trump is a viable candidate to get the Pub nomination, it is in the political interests of Biden not to indict, the better to have the loser candidate to kick around some more.

2. So in that sense there is no conflict of interest, or the conflict is to just string things out until Trump is no longer viable or gets the nomination.

3. Special Prosecutors look independent but they are still answerable to the DOJ and POTUS so the shield is more for appearances sake rather than reality.

4. However the appointment of the Special Prosecutor is really not in Biden's interest because it puts more pressure to appoint a Special Prosecutor  for the Joe and Hunter Biden investigation, where Garland so far has refused to appoint a Special Prosecutor, and where there is a real and profound conflict of interest, since the charge is that both Bidens financially profited by selling political influence, contacts and information.

It's wheels within wheels within wheels. The House of course will investigate the Bidens now, no doubt ineffectually, but the idea I guess might to ratchet up the pressure some more for a Special Prosecutor assuming nothing further is coming from Garland as to where the investigation is going and why.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/11/an-ironic-special-counsel-for-trump/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=hero&utm_content=related&utm_term=first

And then there is this incredible piece that Andy put out today. After observing that Trump's brain is going downhill ala Biden which together with having no one around to curb his reckless and self destructive impulses (while the superego is the first to go, the id is the last to go), Andy lists a host of other crimes that Trump may well have committed in addition to the host of ones we already know about. It is enough to make one's head spin.

The crimes involve 1) siccing the IRS on his enemies that he fired, the FBI director Comey and his deputy McCabe, allegedly utterly random audits, but both happened in the years that they were fired, 2017 (a one out of 30,600 chance to get randomly audited) and 2019 (a 19,250 chance) respectively (if uncorrelated events as they should be if truly random, about a one out of 589 million chance), 2) multiple securities fraud raps connected with trying to access public money for Truth Social and further enrich Trump, and 3)  strong arming private investors to turn over some of their stakes to Trump's wife and sons. The securities fraud discussion and all of the unseemly Wall Street games that are played to screw the public legally while enriching insiders, is a fascinating read, at least for a brain as twisted as mine.

Enjoy.

Oh yes, Andy does not think Trump has been good for the Pub party. Who knew?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/11/the-trump-investigations-mount/

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2205 on: November 19, 2022, 11:42:14 AM »

I think this is a good decision, and I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now.  It will remove any accusations against Garland for the decision to indict (or not) being politically motivated, and a special counsel investigation is more transparent than an ordinary DOJ one.  For one thing, the special counsel is required to submit a report to Congress explaining their findings and decisions.

Garland had to do it, inasmuch as his boss says he intends to run for re-election and Trump is running. I do think Trump announced to force this. I don't think it will be mitigate his exposure however. In fact, it may enhance it.

Exactly correct
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2206 on: November 19, 2022, 09:24:57 PM »

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2207 on: November 20, 2022, 10:10:50 AM »

If you're anything other than an absolute worshipper of Trump's rule then you're "radical."

This man is a joke.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2208 on: November 22, 2022, 02:41:28 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2209 on: November 22, 2022, 02:43:55 PM »

"Corrupt Biden Administration that weaponizes the Justice Department in an abuse of power" blablabla...

It's always a projection.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2210 on: November 22, 2022, 05:30:55 PM »

Although most of me would be of course happy fuzzy never posted his nonsense again, I do have to admit being genuinely curious what sort of mental contortions and rationalizations he's going to come up with once an all Trump appointed panel decimates his true God's case.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2211 on: November 22, 2022, 05:32:49 PM »

Although most of me would be of course happy fuzzy never posted his nonsense again, I do have to admit being genuinely curious what sort of mental contortions and rationalizations he's going to come up with once an all Trump appointed panel decimates his true God's case.

I believe Katyal is incorrect, and that two of the judges were Trump appointees but the third was by GW Bush.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2212 on: November 22, 2022, 05:40:58 PM »

Republicans always want to know who ratted them out. In Individual-1's case, that would be so he can attempt to punish and intimidate them using, among other methods, his terrorist followers.

That this comes immediately before the 11th hearing suggests Individual-1's criminal organization is worried  their pet judge's jurisdiction may be curtailed in the near future.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2213 on: November 22, 2022, 05:41:02 PM »

No reason to bring up a poster's name here. Give the poster a chance to hear the argument oral among other things. That said, what Trump wants simply has no nexus to legal procedure in the regular order. It is tempting for some to get away from the foreplay of procedure to skip to the substance of what is the purpose of the foreplay. That impulse in the is very often the equivalent of legal malpractice, and that is being diplomatic about it. The lack of jurisdiction (how boring is that?), is the silver bullet for the DOJ. And it's fatal.

The oral argument:

https://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/oral-argument-recordings

The question for the DOJ guy is an exercise of the exploration of the lacunae of procedure. I leave it to others to characterize what happened to the Trump lawyer.  However, the lawyer saying that while there is no case supporting Trump's position  .... and so it goes.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2214 on: November 28, 2022, 04:58:53 PM »

It's been said before that Trump has the right to remain silent, but he doesn't have the capability.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2215 on: November 28, 2022, 05:07:21 PM »

It's been said before that Trump has the right to remain silent, but he doesn't have the capability.

If the government won’t prosecute a former president who regularly admits to committing federal crimes, the rule of law is worthless. It truly has no meaning.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2216 on: November 28, 2022, 11:08:48 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2217 on: November 29, 2022, 12:18:58 AM »

He called the SC a monster. lol
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2218 on: December 01, 2022, 05:36:28 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2022, 05:39:33 PM by brucejoel99 »

THERE IT IS:

Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2219 on: December 01, 2022, 05:45:52 PM »

THERE IT IS:

A decision from a GWB-appointed chief judge and two trump-appointed associate judges. Absolutely glorious.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2220 on: December 01, 2022, 05:51:28 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2221 on: December 01, 2022, 10:26:03 PM »

The Appeals Court wrote that Cannon didn't even have the jurisdiction to hear the case in the first place.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2222 on: December 03, 2022, 02:49:38 PM »

Another admission from Trump today that he took the documents.

Wow! That’s a really big story about Twitter and various forms of government Fraud including, specifically, Election Fraud. The same level of Fraud took place with the other Big Tech companies, if not even worse (if that’s possible?). We are living in a VERY CORRUPT COUNTRY &, AS THEY ARE SAYING ALL OVER THE INTERNET, “NOTHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT IT BECAUSE  THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT & FBI ARE TOTALLY CORRUPT.” But they’ll keep investigating “boxes” that were legally & openly taken from the W.H.

It's not the first time he's said it. It's a big deal because Smith has to prove that Trump took the documents, or had them taken, or knew about them. That might not be hard anyway, but we've got Trump admitting to it multiple times.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2223 on: December 06, 2022, 11:02:25 AM »

The respected Director of National Intelligence, Avril Haines, when asked on NBC Fake NEWS what she would do about the Mar-a-Lago Boxes Hoax, smiled & laughed along with the studio audience, responding, “Please don’t do that.” In other words, she viewed this investigation as a “joke.” Under the Presidential Records Act which governs, you negotiate, but there is no crime. Under the Clinton Socks Case, taking records is allowed by law. This is a continuation of the greatest WITCH HUNT of all time!

Not sure if he really thinks that's what she was laughing about, wtf. But anyway, another admission to taking the documents. Plus I don't think Clinton's personal recordings found in the sock drawer really compares to TS classified docs but oh well lol.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2224 on: December 07, 2022, 01:30:54 PM »

A storage unit???
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies