Swing Voters of Atlas, how are you going to vote in 2022 and why?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:55:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Swing Voters of Atlas, how are you going to vote in 2022 and why?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: You count as a swing voter if you have voted for different political parties in presidential, senate, and house races (state-level and local positions don’t count) since 2016.
Straight R

Straight D

Split Ticket (Explain if you want)

Not Voting

Not a swing voter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Swing Voters of Atlas, how are you going to vote in 2022 and why?  (Read 457 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2022, 10:11:22 PM »

Thought this could be an interesting one.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 02:37:00 AM »

I’m conflicted between not voting, the Green party ticket, the working pass ticket, and a PSL/P&F party ticket. Lot of choices for me.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 03:11:55 AM »

Split ticket. D for the House, R for some local and state races (I will be vetting these people for Trumpism though).
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 08:39:57 AM »

I will vote Dem for the US House. One of my reasons why is that I don't want the GOP to take control of the House next year and waste time with impeachment proceedings. Another reason is that my GOP incumbent congressman, Mike Bost, was dumb enough to sign on to the amicus brief that most Republican congresspeople joined in support of TX AG Ken Paxton in the case of Texas v. Pennsylvania. I sent Bost a message explaining why he was wrong to support that lawsuit, why the claim had not merit and deserved to lose on the merits, but when Bost replied to me he was still displaying ignorance of what I said.
I will vote Libertarian for the US Senate, because I don't want to indirectly support either Chuck Schumer or Mitch McConnell to become Senate Majority Leader. The US Senate has become overly partisan, just as highly partisan as the House, and it stopped being "the world's greatest deliberative body" a long time ago because of how partisan it has become.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 09:39:34 AM »

I'm a swing voter between PD, AVS, and perhaps even +Europa if I feel like trolling the anti-globalist types.

I think I'll probably settle for PD though.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 09:44:28 AM »

Please add a "not a swing voter" polling option.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 10:15:20 AM »

Straight Republican.

At this point I don't know if I qualify as a Swing Voter.  I consider the damage done by the Biden Wokies as needing to be reversed fully and in a way to where no Democrat will dare bring it up again.  To say nothing of the Democrats' policies on China (although there are some GOP folks who aren't an improvement on that).
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 04:54:48 PM »

I consider the damage done by the Biden Wokies as needing to be reversed fully and in a way to where no Democrat will dare bring it up again.

Damn can't wait for when we re-invade Afghanistan and bring al-Zawahiri back to life
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 05:11:08 PM »

If voting third party counts I have done so but in 2022 I plan to vote straight R
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 06:09:25 PM »

I consider the damage done by the Biden Wokies as needing to be reversed fully and in a way to where no Democrat will dare bring it up again.

Damn can't wait for when we re-invade Afghanistan and bring al-Zawahiri back to life

The damage he has done in ushering in the Woke! agenda is just the beginning of the damage.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 06:34:17 PM »

Locally here in Staten Island, I will be voting for Hocul a for Governor, Malliotakis locally
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2022, 06:56:31 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2022, 07:15:31 PM by Donerail »

Voting Padilla (D) for Senate and Dahle (R) for Governor. D vs D house election, so I'll vote for the candidate whose platform does not mention Hyperloops as a solution to high housing prices.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2022, 09:47:24 PM »

I support Ds for every office except for Controller.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2022, 12:44:28 AM »

I don't have to vote anyways because Pritzker and NEWSOM are Safe thanks to Bailey will vote D in 24 the more important election
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2022, 01:04:23 AM »

The damage he has done in ushering in the Woke! agenda is just the beginning of the damage.

Biden is practically the least woke person in the country. Right-wing YouTube personalities talk about Critical Race Theory way more than he does.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2022, 05:02:45 AM »

Oh no, not the scary woke windmills!! You might get cancer from the noise.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 05:15:04 AM »

Well, I’ve already voted in 2022. I voted for all three Lib Dems standing in my ward for tactical purposes, which paid off as they flipped all three seats from the Tories.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 12:45:50 PM »

R for House and local races. D for Governor. Not sure for Senate yet.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 02:16:58 PM »

Not a swing voter, but I'll be voting D in every race on the ballot that is contested and writing in Malcolm Kenyatta for every race that isn't.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2022, 02:40:46 PM »

Biden is practically the least woke person in the country. Right-wing YouTube personalities talk about Critical Race Theory way more than he does.

Culture wars just don't seem to be where Biden's heart is, unlike his predecessor. He's probably the least offensive president since at least Dubya in that regard.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2022, 03:56:02 PM »

Culture wars just don't seem to be where Biden's heart is, unlike his predecessor. He's probably the least offensive president since at least Dubya in that regard.

I would say though while Republican politicians seem to like Biden more than Obama, the Republican base as a whole definitely seems to dislike Biden more. Under Obama it really was only the activist base while the normie base was more or less meh.

I would even say that pre 2020, while Trump was hated by the Democratic Base it was not as much as Bush was hated from 2003-2008. Since 2020 Trump was clearly hated more though
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2022, 07:51:31 AM »

Not a swing voter but it's possible I won't vote D for House or State Senate. Not voting Republican though, I'd either vote for the marijuana party for House or write-in for State Senate (no third party is running there.)

Definitely voting DFL on every other race.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies