The jogger incident in mind, could John Fetterman win a Democratic Presidential Primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:55:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The jogger incident in mind, could John Fetterman win a Democratic Presidential Primary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The jogger incident in mind, could John Fetterman win a Democratic Presidential Primary?  (Read 1497 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2022, 01:18:18 PM »

Presuming he wins his Senate race, it seems inevitable that his name will be tossed around as a potential future Presidential candidate.

I'm not really sure myself.  I'm having a hard time seeing him explain that in somewhere like SC.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 05:52:50 PM »

Nobody?
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 10:02:38 AM »

The jogger endorsed him for Senate. At this point it's pretty much a moot issue.

He could totally win, but he'd face some stiff competition in the south at least. He'd likely do very well in the rust belt though, and with progressives.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 02:50:25 PM »

I don't see why not. He's not actually a Bernie-style social democrat, he just has an outsider appeal because of his aesthetic. The party won't bother sabotaging him unless he tacks well to the left. That said, it doesn't seem like he'll be in good enough health to run for President, even if he has the ambition.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 01:14:48 AM »

I don't see why not. He's not actually a Bernie-style social democrat, he just has an outsider appeal because of his aesthetic. The party won't bother sabotaging him unless he tacks well to the left. That said, it doesn't seem like he'll be in good enough health to run for President, even if he has the ambition.

There will be questions sure but all he has to do is get his doctor to sign off on a clean bill of health. It's a potential strike against him but not necessarily a fatal one.

I think the fact that he's not a Bernie style social Democrat but appeals to Bernie supporters makes him an ideal candidate. He's ideologically closer to Warren but with more blue collar appeal then her. In some ways I think he'd be the sort that could potentially satisfy all wings of the party which is why he'd be a formidable contender.
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 11:04:25 AM »

There will be questions sure but all he has to do is get his doctor to sign off on a clean bill of health. It's a potential strike against him but not necessarily a fatal one.

I think the fact that he's not a Bernie style social Democrat but appeals to Bernie supporters makes him an ideal candidate. He's ideologically closer to Warren but with more blue collar appeal then her. In some ways I think he'd be the sort that could potentially satisfy all wings of the party which is why he'd be a formidable contender.
Isn't Sherrod Brown clearly stronger?
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 12:05:32 PM »

Isn't Sherrod Brown clearly stronger?

He may be but I doubt he’ll ever run. 2020 was really his best chance. He’d be lucky to survive 2024 IMO if he even runs for re-election again.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 03:34:37 PM »

The jogger endorsed him for Senate. At this point it's pretty much a moot issue.

He could totally win, but he'd face some stiff competition in the south at least. He'd likely do very well in the rust belt though, and with progressives.

That sounds plausible.

I imagine he'd have to pick a POC to be his running mate were he to ever get the nomination.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 10:26:30 PM »

If it doesn't prevent him from being a Senator, it likely won't be a big issue in a presidential primary.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2022, 02:35:25 PM »

The jogger incident didn't catch fire because you have to say something repeatedly over and over again to get voters to care about it. Also, the people most likely to be upset by this are not African Americans but college ed whites who want someone who exhibits "decency" and "morality"
DS0816
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2022, 06:27:10 PM »

Presuming he wins his Senate race, it seems inevitable that his name will be tossed around as a potential future Presidential candidate.

I'm not really sure myself.  I'm having a hard time seeing him explain that in somewhere like SC.

After Joe Biden…it is asking a lot for anyone to envision the next president of the United States being one who is affiliated with the White House incumbent Democratic Party.

John Fetterman, and everyone else affiliated with the Democratic Party, is not one for whom I would give my time thinking.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2022, 05:42:38 PM »

After Joe Biden…it is asking a lot for anyone to envision the next president of the United States being one who is affiliated with the White House incumbent Democratic Party.

John Fetterman, and everyone else affiliated with the Democratic Party, is not one for whom I would give my time thinking.

After Donald Trump…it is asking a lot for anyone to envision the next president of the United States being one who is affiliated with the former White House incumbent Republican Party.

Ron DeSantis, and everyone else affiliated with the Republican Party, is not one for whom I would give my time thinking.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies