Describe a Republican who attends Furnace Fest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:29:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Describe a Republican who attends Furnace Fest
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Republican who attends Furnace Fest  (Read 427 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2022, 01:07:11 AM »

Go.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 08:47:53 PM »

Republican who is nostalgic for music of his high school/college years.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 11:48:00 PM »

Has libertarian leanings
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 11:52:02 PM »

It's important to remember that, while there certainly are correlations between certain hobbies or activities and political views, it's rarely an explicit political connection, but rather cultural reasons that might correlate to politics as well.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 10:21:03 AM »

A rural/exurban who can't relate to black people music.

Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:26 AM »

Probably about 20-30% of people at Furnance Fest are Republicans. 
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 09:26:02 AM »

The music at Furance Fest is very un-Republican friendly. The -Core scenes and punk bands are vehemently against Trump, so don't expect many MAGAS to show up in attendance.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 09:31:38 AM »

The music at Furance Fest is very un-Republican friendly. The -Core scenes and punk bands are vehemently against Trump, so don't expect many MAGAS to show up in attendance.

This is a music festival in Birmingham, AL.  If the event draws even 40% from local attendees then plenty of Republicans would be there
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 02:04:44 PM »

Day One of Furnace Fest is headlined by Thrice, New Found Glory, and Alexisonfire, three bands I listen to at least occasionally. Plus I see Five Iron Frenzy on Day Two. I could see a millennial Christian from the Birmingham suburbs who leans right primarily for abortion or something attending.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 04:27:43 PM »

What percentage would you estimate for the shows I attend in Minneapolis?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2022, 04:31:52 PM »

This is a music festival in Birmingham, AL.  If the event draws even 40% from local attendees then plenty of Republicans would be there
It's not, I can assure you that. I doubt there's even 4000 people in the Birmingham area who listen to that style of music much would attend Furnace Fest. Furnace Fest bands on tour at most sell out a like 1200 capacity venue in Minneapolis, there's no way there's an audience of 4000 in Birmingham. Now if you extend "local" to include places like Atlanta and Nashville I could see about 30ish% but those sure aren't conservative cities.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2022, 07:24:17 PM »

It's not, I can assure you that. I doubt there's even 4000 people in the Birmingham area who listen to that style of music much would attend Furnace Fest. Furnace Fest bands on tour at most sell out a like 1200 capacity venue in Minneapolis, there's no way there's an audience of 4000 in Birmingham. Now if you extend "local" to include places like Atlanta and Nashville I could see about 30ish% but those sure aren't conservative cities.

This is the fair assumption of the crowd. Little to no locals are going to be present in the crowd, and those who are, I bet there's a culturally difference with the average voting base of Alabams. Even if you want to say the crows is going to be very white just remember the typical fan of these genres are not the typical white person that votes Republican. Could you picture any sitting Republican listening to New Found Glory? In a more liberal state the attendance would skew even more D, with those that are Republican keeping their beliefs to themselves in order to avoid alienation from the scene.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2022, 07:26:31 PM »

This is the fair assumption of the crowd. Little to no locals are going to be present in the crowd, and those who are, I bet there's a culturally difference with the average voting base of Alabams. Even if you want to say the crows is going to be very white just remember the typical fan of these genres are not the typical white person that votes Republican. Could you picture any sitting Republican listening to New Found Glory? In a more liberal state the attendance would skew even more D, with those that are Republican keeping their beliefs to themselves in order to avoid alienation from the scene.
Oh there definitely were some Birmingham locals there, I met some, but people in Birmingham who listen to hardcore are not representative of Alabama as a whole obviously. And it wasn't anywhere near 40%.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2022, 07:31:15 PM »

Oh there definitely were some Birmingham locals there, I met some, but people in Birmingham who listen to hardcore are not representative of Alabama as a whole obviously. And it wasn't anywhere near 40%.

No question some locals went to the festival. Disputing DT they would make up a majority in the audience, especially given the culture of Alabams.  The locals who did go to the festival, I'd eager voted to the left of the state populace.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2022, 08:29:59 PM »

No question some locals went to the festival. Disputing DT they would make up a majority in the audience, especially given the culture of Alabams.  The locals who did go to the festival, I'd eager voted to the left of the state populace.

Right, the 40% figure would mean 4000 from metro Birmingham and I highly doubt there's 4000 people in metro Birmingham who listen to that type of music at all. Even New Found Glory last played a 1200 capacity venue in Minneapolis. The Twin Cities metro has more than three times the population of Birmingham and a much more friendly culture to that type of music.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies