Is support for Israël unequivocally support for white supremacy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:13:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is support for Israël unequivocally support for white supremacy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is support for Israël unequivocally support for white supremacy?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Is support for Israël unequivocally support for white supremacy?  (Read 979 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2022, 11:55:51 PM »

Under the American idea of "white" Ashkenazi Jews most certainly are.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2022, 12:02:21 AM »

My Jewish friends have said they aren’t. That they’re Jewish, not White. And since the topic is about Israel, you’re talking about Israelis, not Ashkenazi Jews anyway. Are their neighbors in Syria, Iran, etc White?

Also, why is White lowercase nowadays? I notice that in news articles white is lowercase, whereas Black, Latino, is uppercase, starting around 2019.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2022, 12:07:14 AM »

My Jewish friends have said they aren’t. That they’re Jewish, not White. And since the topic is about Israel, you’re talking about Israelis, not Ashkenazi Jews anyway. Are their neighbors in Syria, Iran, etc White?

Also, why is White lowercase nowadays? I notice that in news articles white is lowercase, whereas Black, Latino, is uppercase, starting around 2019.

30% of Israeli Jews are Ashkenazi, and Sephardim/Mizrahim are comparable to Turks or Arabs who are also, under the American system, considered white.

And all whites are obviously horrible brain damaged bigots with no souls who do not deserve the honor of a capital letter. Duh.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2022, 12:10:54 AM »

30% of Israeli Jews are Ashkenazi, and Sephardim/Mizrahim are comparable to Turks or Arabs who are also, under the American system, considered white.

And all whites are obviously horrible brain damaged bigots with no souls who do not deserve the honor of a capital letter. Duh.

So a minority of Israeli Jews (30% being a minority) are considered “White” in a different country, thereby somehow making support of their country support of White Supremacy?

Doesn’t make sense. Israeli people are a great people and earned the right to their country. The Jews suffered enough throughout history.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2022, 12:12:12 AM »

So a minority of Israeli Jews (30% being a minority) are considered “White” in a different country, thereby somehow making support of their country support of White Supremacy?

Doesn’t make sense. Israeli people are a great people and earned the right to their country. The Jews suffered enough throughout history.

I never said I agreed with the original question, just pointing out that saying "Jews aren't white" is an asinine statement since Jews come in all colors, just as Muslims, Christians, Buddhists etc do.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2022, 12:17:23 AM »

The definition of White Supremacy in general has gotten way overstretched and overused in the last half decade.

Used to mean: People who consider White people to be superior to other races and/or hold other races in disdain or hatred for not being White and/or support such philosophies. IE the Klan, and other such groups who are based around that ideology. Now it means whatever the left wants it to, for whatever subject. It’s amazing the way words and ideologies have been retroactively changed this past decade.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2022, 11:56:44 AM »

Ashkenazi Jews in Israel are disproportionately likely to NOT be Likudnik and/or Haredi Arab-bashers, something that this thread probably should have established right away if the question were being asked in good faith.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies