What if Pete Buttigieg stayed in for Super Tuesday?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:51:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What if Pete Buttigieg stayed in for Super Tuesday?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if Pete Buttigieg stayed in for Super Tuesday?  (Read 2754 times)
Orange is back
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2022, 04:26:07 PM »

Would he have taken votes from Biden and potentially cost him his victories in Maine, Texas, and Massachusetts? How about Minnesota?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 06:51:40 PM »

Would he have taken votes from Biden and potentially cost him his victories in Maine, Texas, and Massachusetts? How about Minnesota?

Definitely Maine and Texas, probably not in Mass. or Minnesota.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 09:27:40 AM »

I imagine that moderates who were skeptical about Biden’s age would have voted for him. I don’t really see him making it past Super Tuesday however, most likely dropping out on or around the March 10th primaries
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 09:59:06 AM »

ME I agree on, TX though? Doubtful. MA is more likely, imho.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 08:51:10 PM »

Bernie eats up the college and Hispanic vote while Buttjudge just splits the burbs with Biden. Remember, Bernie actually started to lead polls there towards the end, and it was really Dallas that put Biden over. Pity.

Meanwhile, Massachusetts literally went for Clinton twice, in a two way race, which suggests like South Dakota, a stubborn establishment streak...and Biden arguably fits The Northeast better
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 10:17:50 PM »

Another question is what happens if he had won New Hampshire narrowly rather than Bernie.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 04:59:58 PM »

Nothing. He has no impact on the waste. That is why he dropped out.

Pete Buttigieg had no base. No core support. Outside of Iowa and New Hampshire, his nationally support was close to 1%. His canidancy is entirely a media creation, no actually substance.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 02:25:03 PM »

Bernie eats up the college and Hispanic vote while Buttjudge just splits the burbs with Biden. Remember, Bernie actually started to lead polls there towards the end, and it was really Dallas that put Biden over. Pity.

Meanwhile, Massachusetts literally went for Clinton twice, in a two way race, which suggests like South Dakota, a stubborn establishment streak...and Biden arguably fits The Northeast better

As you pointed out, MA is pretty establishment when it comes to picking candidates. Biden was also bolstered by his Irish Catholic heritage- some of his strongest primary results in MA came from towns on the South Shore and western Norfolk County that are over 40% Irish.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2022, 04:09:51 AM »

If Klobuchar had withdrawn and Beto had swung behind Biden then Buttigieg would look like a glory seeking idiot and most who’d been planning to vote for him would swing behind Biden anyway to ensure Sanders was defeated. The race was over by this point even if Buttigieg had stayed in, all it would have accomplished for him was to ruin any future chance at high office.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies