538: It’s Hard To Win A Senate Race When You’ve Never Won An Election Before (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:26:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  538: It’s Hard To Win A Senate Race When You’ve Never Won An Election Before (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 538: It’s Hard To Win A Senate Race When You’ve Never Won An Election Before  (Read 953 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: August 07, 2022, 12:49:46 PM »

Yeah it's been very obvious for a number of years that you're most likely to do well in a senate race (especially against the headwinds) if you've got experience that allows you have your own brand.

This is not always electoral experience (see Mark Kelly, Astronaut) but state wide politicians like CCM, Maggie Hassan, Rick Scott etc clearly did better than some random state house speaker or two term congresscritter.

I will note that everyone here was saying this about Ossoff and Warnock two years ago.

Anecdotal, but I don’t remember anyone thinking this was a problem - and Ossoff had run for office.

Georgia for the Democrats is different to Arizona, Ohio, Georgia and Pennsylvania for the GOP. Georgia Democrats didn’t have a wide bench of current & former congresspeople or row officers to choose from -  whilst the Republicans in the above 4 seats had all of them, yet still chose completely inexperienced outsiders.

The issue was more so some mild confusion (from out of state posters!) about why bigger names weren't running- especially when you had Jason Carter, Michelle Nunn, Sally Yates & a fair number of elected politicians.

Ofc people ignroed that Abrams was very open about Warnock being a good candidate and essentially said 'trust me I know my operation'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies