Gavin Newsom: "They're coming after you next."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:21:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gavin Newsom: "They're coming after you next."
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Gavin Newsom: "They're coming after you next."  (Read 993 times)
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2022, 12:34:15 PM »

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 01:36:58 PM »

As usual, the guv is right.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 02:09:58 PM »

This is really good messaging. Newsom is a really good orator and has a lot of charisma. He'd be a force to be reckoned with if he ran for President.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 02:11:14 PM »

This is really good messaging. Newsom is a really good orator and has a lot of charisma. He'd be a force to be reckoned with if he ran for President.

DeSantis vs Newsom would be a pretty interesting race
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 02:33:28 PM »

It would be a high turnout race for sure. Both are liked by the base but also they're absolutely loathed by the other side.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 02:36:35 PM »

It would be a high turnout race for sure. Both are liked by the base but also they're absolutely loathed by the other side.

Oh sure though probably not to the level Biden/Harris vs Trump for example and there probably would be a more clear policy debate as well here too.

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 02:38:23 PM »

Much preferable to a Biden-Trump rematch for sure. It'd honestly be depressing two have two such old men as our options once more. In contrast, both Newsom and DeathSantis are comparably younger and more fresh and energetic.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 02:51:56 PM »

Oh sure though probably not to the level Biden/Harris vs Trump for example and there probably would be a more clear policy debate as well here too.

Sort of, but the hatred towards Trump and (to a lesser extent Biden) is much more personal, whereas people hate Newsom and DeSantis because they're basically mascots for the party they hate.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 02:54:17 PM »

Sort of, but the hatred towards Trump and (to a lesser extent Biden) is much more personal, whereas people hate Newsom and DeSantis because they're basically mascots for the party they hate.

I actually don't think Republicans hate Biden personally too much. That applies more to Obama and Hillary Clinton. I mean, even look at the names and attacks they give Biden compared to HRC and Obama. Biden is just simply "Sleepy Joe," whereas Clinton was "Crooked Hillary." They attack Biden more as a sleepy, clueless puppet controlled by his advisors and political handlers - whereas they were much more vitriolic towards Hillary Clinton (also because there's so much more to attack her on - she's just objectively got more controversies/scandals than Biden, such as the emails and the Comey letter) and Barack Obama (he wasn't even controversial - Fox and Republicans invented 'controversies' like the 'scandal' about the tan suit and the mustard on the burger, not to mention the baseless 'Birther' conspiracy theories that dogged Obama).

Democrats obviously really, really hate Trump, both personally and politically (and with good reason to be sure).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 03:07:55 PM »

As much as I love Biden, I agree 100%. I guess Newsom is my second choice after Biden right now and I would certainly back him over Harris for a variaty of reasons.

Newsom/Whitmer vs. DeSantis/Noem would be an interesting matchup of governors.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 03:37:50 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2022, 03:43:51 PM by Old School Republican »

As much as I love Biden, I agree 100%. I guess Newsom is my second choice after Biden right now and I would certainly back him over Harris for a variaty of reasons.

Newsom/Whitmer vs. DeSantis/Noem would be an interesting matchup of governors.

I think Youngkin would be a better choice for DeSantis as Noem doesn’t seem like she adds much while Youngkin being VP could help lock down NC and maybe make VA a battleground again .

Though if DeSantis had to pick a female governor , I would say the best choice is Reynolds as Iowa as many similar voters to SW WI and winning Wisconsin would be crucial to any Republican path to 270.

Governors though imo should pick a Senator or someone with a good deal of DC experience as their running mate so I’d say DeSantis/Scott(Tim Scott not Rick ) vs Newsom/Klobuchar would probably be a better matchup .
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 03:38:01 PM »

Unfortunately he won’t run because he’ll be too scared of being called a racist and sexist for challenging Kamala
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2022, 03:41:23 PM »

Unfortunately he won’t run because he’ll be too scared of being called a racist and sexist for challenging Kamala

Who says Harris is going to be a serious candidate in 2024 or 2028, much less the frontrunner? She's a disaster.

Buttigieg is more likely at this point. It's clear the Biden administration appreciates him more, and for good reason (see: 2020 Democratic presidential primaries). Harris? C'mon, man!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2022, 03:42:48 PM »

If he doesn't beat Kamala in 2028 someone else will, so why not him?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2022, 03:45:18 PM »

He's not wrong. He needs to run if nobody else will challenge Biden or Harris.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2022, 03:55:51 PM »

Newsom is a spoiled brat who got to his position through nepotism and being a member of the Bay Area political glitterati. The Democrats will deserve everything they get if they nominate him.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2022, 04:32:03 PM »

If either Trump or DeSantis wins, and it’s a legit win, it’ll be…civil war without end. The Leftists are relentless.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2022, 04:41:44 PM »

It's a strong message. Hopefully Jared Polis uses it in his campaign.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2022, 04:42:28 PM »

If either Trump or DeSantis wins, and it’s a legit win, it’ll be…civil war without end. The Leftists are relentless.

Hmm.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 05:48:11 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2022, 05:51:30 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

NEWSOM is a Lame Gov there are 15 shelters in LA and many in SF and the politicians like Newsom won't change them into subsized Housing, they keep saying they gotta build more Housing they can remodel all the shelters into Subsidized Housing but they won't they rather people live on Skid Row on the street, Rent city

When he leaves office in 26 I hope someone better is Governor , he is Gray Davis II

How do you have 15/20 shelters that includes Salvation Armies which I have stayed at and then say they don't have subsized Housing some of the Salvation Armies are really nice but others are run down

Then, he didn't even give me my Golden State stimulus check , he said everyone would get one during the recall and they didn't
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2022, 05:55:37 PM »

Point to where Democrats attempted a self-coup to overturn the 2020 election results, then I'll start listening.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2022, 05:58:54 PM »

Point to where Democrats attempted a self-coup to overturn the 2020 election results, then I'll start listening.

Where did republicans attempt a self coup?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2022, 06:00:59 PM »

Where did republicans attempt a self coup?

Oh come on.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2022, 06:50:48 PM »

Polis is a really weak hypothetical presidential candidate and I don’t know why Atlas is so obsessed with him.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2022, 06:53:58 PM »

Polis is a really weak hypothetical presidential candidate and I don’t know why Atlas is so obsessed with him.

He's managed to be a popular Democratic governor who took a sensible approach to COVID. The fact that he would be a 'first' is also a bonus I suppose. Why do you say he's a weak candidate?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies