Does Gen Z have a more "French" view of political philosophy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:09:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Does Gen Z have a more "French" view of political philosophy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does Gen Z have a more "French" view of political philosophy?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Does Gen Z have a more "French" view of political philosophy?  (Read 1282 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« on: August 06, 2022, 07:41:55 PM »

It’ll be wild watching Gen Z destroy every single institution ever created because those institutions are some kind of “ist.” I look forward to churches, classic works of literature all being destroyed, forever, and to the state devolving into places like CHAZ. What a beautiful, anarchic, violent future awaits. It’ll make the French Revolution and the iconoclastic movement look like child’s play.
It’s not Gen Z who are the perpetrators of the present cancel culture though
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 12:50:40 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2022, 12:53:59 AM by Dr. MB »

I think the main thing to consider about "Generation Z" is that for the most part they are teenagers or early 20s. And teenagers going through a rebellious phase, trying to stake out an identity and being very earnest about this is something that basically every generation of teenagers goes through.

Of course there are details that are passed on by the very politicised and social media centric era that they grow up in. But on the whole, they're young people being young people like young people always have been. And getting grouchy and cynical about the things that young activists believe in isn't an interesting or new or original outlook. It's just being the same out of touch, grouchy, small c conservative that every previous generation has also always ended up being.
But the thing is they're not being rebellious. They seem to be significantly more prudish than we Millennials are and certainly were at their age. Look at how much we drank and partied and rebelled in comparison to them. Also is still wearing masks in public and refusing to go to parties or concerts or public gatherings rebellious? I guess maybe in a sense but it's a completely different sense than we're use to.
That's really only a small subset of people. All my friends don't fit that description and most of the people who might have been wary a year or so ago are totally past that now. Every generation has its prudes and squares it's not somehow unique to gen Z.

The culture now I will say is different than it was maybe 20 or even 10 years ago but that's just how things go. Were you in the early 2000s acting the same way people in the 80s did? I'm sure the teens and 20 somethings of 2040 are going to be doing things a lot differently than we're doing it today. It's less outwardly "wild" but I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing. Like look at Woodstock 99. Each generation manifests its identity in a different form.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies