Republicans Begin Adjusting to a Fierce Abortion Backlash
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:40:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans Begin Adjusting to a Fierce Abortion Backlash
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Republicans Begin Adjusting to a Fierce Abortion Backlash  (Read 1062 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2022, 07:16:38 PM »

I'll remember my aborted grandchild every time I enter a polling place for the rest of my life.  And I'll remember all of those who celebrate that event, and every abortion, as some kind of victory for their side.  I'll remember those here who oppose the death penalty for the worst killers (which I do as well) that are unfazed that my grandchild experience pain before he/she died that would be unacceptable in their eyes if that pain were felt by a mass murderer due to a botched injection or a malfunctioning electric chair.

This is quite an emotionally-charged response, which is quite understandable since you believe that your grandchild was murdered.

Do you believe your daughter/daughter-in-law to be an accessory to that murder? Do you resent her for taking your grandchild from you? Have you told her your feelings? 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2022, 07:36:02 PM »

I'll remember my aborted grandchild every time I enter a polling place for the rest of my life.  And I'll remember all of those who celebrate that event, and every abortion, as some kind of victory for their side.  I'll remember those here who oppose the death penalty for the worst killers (which I do as well) that are unfazed that my grandchild experience pain before he/she died that would be unacceptable in their eyes if that pain were felt by a mass murderer due to a botched injection or a malfunctioning electric chair.

This is quite an emotionally-charged response, which is quite understandable since you believe that your grandchild was murdered.

Do you believe your daughter/daughter-in-law to be an accessory to that murder? Do you resent her for taking your grandchild from you? Have you told her your feelings?  

I had actually deleted this post, thinking it rather strong and unfair to some.  It would not be one single solitary bit unfair to you, and to certain others here, but it would not be fair to apply it to some here.  You quoted it, however, so . . .

I believe my grandchild's mother sinned in having an abortion.  If my son encouraged her in this, he's an accessory to that sin.  I do not believe they should be treated as "murderers" in that "they know not what they do".  I take that view of most everyone who has had an abortion; they know not what they do.  I have long forgiven her and wish her well.  She has never been married, she is childless and in her early forties now, and she's had a bout with cancer.

Far from condemning those who have abortions, I have a great burden for them.  They are people that are troubled, and I have known more than one person who has had an abortion who have lived to bitterly regret that.  Having an abortion is not a sin that Christ did not shed His Blood for.  On the Cross, Jesus said of His Tormentors:  "Father, forgive them; they know not what they do!".  This is my personal position on those who have abortions; they know not what they do.  God loves every woman who has had an abortion, and stands ready to forgive and restore those who cry out to Him.

But abortion IS the taking of an innocent HUMAN life.  It should not be legal.  It should not be sanctioned by our government.  And the humanity of that unborn child remains unchanged, regardless of the circumstances of that child's conception.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2022, 07:52:40 PM »

I'll remember my aborted grandchild every time I enter a polling place for the rest of my life.  And I'll remember all of those who celebrate that event, and every abortion, as some kind of victory for their side.  I'll remember those here who oppose the death penalty for the worst killers (which I do as well) that are unfazed that my grandchild experience pain before he/she died that would be unacceptable in their eyes if that pain were felt by a mass murderer due to a botched injection or a malfunctioning electric chair.

[snip]

Do you apply the principle of “they know not what they do” to all sin, or do you view the sin of abortion as distinct from other sins? If so, why?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2022, 08:10:34 PM »

[snip]

Do you apply the principle of “they know not what they do” to all sin, or do you view the sin of abortion as distinct from other sins? If so, why?

Of course lots of people know with their eyes wide open.  Abortion is presented to so many people as a "choice" or "healthcare" or some other euphemism to where people are legitimately confused.  There IS no open debate or discussion as to where life begins (and your side won't even discuss this), which adds to the confusion.  People do sin knowingly every day.  Jesus commands us to forgive those who trespass against us.  

Government doesn't have to solve the moral conundrum on whether or not "abortion is murder" to conclude that it is the taking of Human Life and should not be sanctioned by the State.  

Speaking of emotionally charged posts:

Some asshole hit me and seriously damaged my car. I don't have collision coverage, and I'm likely going to have to pay out-of-pocket since it's a he said/he said situation. At least $4200. This is a goddamn nightmare, I'm losing all of the money I've saved up working the past year.

You can get your money back.  I can't get my grandchild back.  Neither can the "other Grandpa".  I saw him at my Church last week; it was quite unexpected.  He didn't know my wife and I until I introduced myself.  He was devastated recently, as his wife died of cancer.  This subject did not come up because I don't know if he knows about this, and he may know of this but doesn't know if I know of it, so it's best to leave that discussion to God.  Life and Death of loved ones ought to be emotionally charging, however.  
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies