Will there be lockdowns due to monkeypox
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:25:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will there be lockdowns due to monkeypox
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Will there be lockdowns due to monkeypox  (Read 1363 times)
lakeview
Rookie
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2022, 01:18:54 PM »

^Wrong. Kudos to him for exploiting a system where one can be a complete hypocrite with zero honor and still maintain a platform.

It's hypocritical to treat different diseases differently? That's a new one.

In Wiener's case, yes. He sounds hysterical with respect to one virus and reasonable with respect to the other, and this change in tone is dictated solely by his politics. Your carrying water for this hackery is solely dictated by your politics, too.

Actually it's your politics that are clouding your judgment. COVID and monkeypox aren't the same thing and do not necessitate the same response. This would be the case for any pair of unrelated diseases.

"I know you are, but what am I." LOL. I wouldn't expect anything better from the likes of you.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2022, 03:52:46 PM »

Living in New York I'm worried that this is going to become a thing because some people just have to get their virtue signaling in and love saying that you're "literally murdering people" for going outside and touching grass. There's no good reason for there to be one.
I am already seeing a lot of those posts on twitters from our favorite users like Eric Feigl Ding, Yaneer Bar Yam, Anthony Leonardi, CovidDataReport, Mandate Masks NY, Denise Dewald, and Permanent Social Distance Advocate. They are pretty much the left wing equivalent of the America's Frontline Doctors group that was active in 2020.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2022, 05:58:36 PM »

No. This is a known illness that already had a vaccine unlike COVID and it's transmission is quite different.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2022, 09:20:53 PM »

Not sure what your point is? Two completely different viruses with completely different transmission.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2022, 09:24:08 PM »

Normal, decent, taxpaying, working citizens ought to resist new lockdowns, mask mandates, etc. with every fiber of their being, and they should be constantly reminding the Public Health Establishment at the Federal, State, and even Local Level, that their behavior in the last Pandemic has resulted in the wholesale forfeiture of the trust of ordinary citizens.  This is the only way we will have Public Health Officials who are activists that manipulate crises for political ends.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2022, 09:24:49 PM »

Not sure what your point is? Two completely different viruses with completely different transmission.
No, no, you see, disease is disease and any difference in approaching them is POLITICIAL BIAS
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2022, 09:28:20 PM »

Normal, decent, taxpaying, working citizens ought to resist new lockdowns, mask mandates, etc. with every fiber of their being, and they should be constantly reminding the Public Health Establishment at the Federal, State, and even Local Level, that their behavior in the last Pandemic has resulted in the wholesale forfeiture of the trust of ordinary citizens.  This is the only way we will have Public Health Officials who are activists that manipulate crises for political ends.
I love how you're taking about this like any new lockdowns or mask mandates have actually happened.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2022, 09:38:31 PM »

I love how you're taking about this like any new lockdowns or mask mandates have actually happened.

If we keep talking like I've been talking, they won't be imposed.  The people imposing them at all levels were spineless cowards who were prepared to face only a compliant public.  We need to constatntly let them know we won't go along, and, as an added bonus, we think they're policiticed garbage who cant be trusted.  The Public Health Establishment ought to get the back of the hand of ordinary Americans until people there that matter sincerely apologize by quitting their posts and admitting that they had been grievously wrong and selfish.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2022, 09:40:00 PM »

If we keep talking like I've been talking, they won't be imposed.  The people imposing them at all levels were spineless cowards who were prepared to face only a compliant public.  We need to constatntly let them know we won't go along, and, as an added bonus, we think they're policiticed garbage who cant be trusted.  The Public Health Establishment ought to get the back of the hand of ordinary Americans until people there that matter sincerely apologize by quitting their posts and admitting that they had been grievously wrong and selfish.

They're not happening because monkeypox doesn't spread in the matter and rate that COVID does. It has nothing to do with whether or not you're "talking like you've been talking."
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2022, 09:43:42 PM »

They're not happening because monkeypox doesn't spread in the matter and rate that COVID does. It has nothing to do with whether or not you're "talking like you've been talking."

The Public Health Establishment needs to be bombarded by messages from ordinary citizens conveying their distrust and contempt.  Until they admit that their "solution" in the last pandemic was a cure far worse than the disease.  Until then, they should never stop hearing the contempt of the public whose interest they betrayed.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2022, 09:45:25 PM »

The Public Health Establishment needs to be bombarded by messages from ordinary citizens conveying their distrust and contempt.  Until they admit that their "solution" in the last pandemic was a cure far worse than the disease.  Until then, they should never stop hearing the contempt of the public whose interest they betrayed.

Even if that were true, it has nothing to do with monkeypox.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2022, 09:52:50 PM »

HERE IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:

1. Biden apologizes publicly for his failure
2. The Defense Production Act is invoked to begin production of vaccine against Bidenpox along with tests
3. All Facebook boomers who think they know more than health officials should be injected with a high viral load of Bidenpox for research purposes.
4. Shutdown of adult entertainment facilities
5. Mass education campaign on hand washing and basic prevention
6. Pro masturbation instead of casual sex campaign
7. Daily speeches reminding the importance of the public to stay vigilant to keep our society running so we don’t have to take any extreme measures
8. Prioritization of healthcare workers for the Bidenpox vaccine along with groups that HAVE to be in close quarters such as the homeless and dorm students

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2022, 11:40:34 PM »

If we keep talking like I've been talking, they won't be imposed.  The people imposing them at all levels were spineless cowards who were prepared to face only a compliant public.  We need to constatntly let them know we won't go along, and, as an added bonus, we think they're policiticed garbage who cant be trusted.  The Public Health Establishment ought to get the back of the hand of ordinary Americans until people there that matter sincerely apologize by quitting their posts and admitting that they had been grievously wrong and selfish.

When the aliens invade with genocidal intent, and the government attempts to impliment some kind of coordinated effort to save the species, it's comforting to know that Republican "libertarians" will be there to make sure everybody dies.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2022, 12:54:45 AM »

Well by Fuzzy Bear's logic I must have a magic apartment that defends against Republicans.

You see no Republican has ever won a statewide election in Minnesota since I moved in. So clearly my apartment is magic and grants me the wish of who I want to win statewide right? Like the proof is right there, how else has no Republican won a statewide election in Minnesota since I've lived here?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2022, 02:10:11 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2022, 08:44:01 AM by The Dowager Mod »

There's something like a "Public Health Establishment"? Huh

This forum is becoming like a forum for mentally unstable people.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2022, 02:30:12 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2022, 08:44:18 AM by The Dowager Mod »

Republicans don't trust any of those things because they think the far left is pulling their puppet strings.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2022, 09:10:21 AM »

People know full well what I mean when I use that term.  It means to tie together Federal Agencies (CDC, NIH, etc.), State Health Departments and agencies, and Local Health agencies, collectively. 
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2022, 12:19:27 PM »

No.

Monkeypox is transmitted by sexual activity, somembers of this forum can relax.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2022, 01:26:18 PM »

This may be one of the dumbest threads ever, which is no mean achievement on Atlas.

Here is an idea to ponder. Sex clubs should require that you show your monkeypox vax card as a requirement of entry. I mean, Dan and I went to an indoor concert about a month ago, and needed to show our Covid vax cards, so it is not like people are not already conditioned for this.

Cheers.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2022, 01:31:50 PM »

Normal, decent, taxpaying, working citizens ought to ...

The Public Health Establishment needs to be bombarded by messages from ordinary citizens ...

Hmmm.
I guess you mean that these "normal, decent, ordinary citizens" are the trump-crazed-cultists who physically threaten our health/science directors with their "God-Given Right" to use the 2nd Amendment.
Those people?
Most of us here would definitely describe these people as "normal" and "decent."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2022, 01:33:47 PM »

This may be one of the dumbest threads ever, which is no mean achievement on Atlas.

Here is an idea to ponder. Sex clubs should require that you show your monkeypox vax card as a requirement of entry. I mean, Dan and I went to an indoor concert about a month ago, and needed to show our Covid vax cards, so it is not like people are not already conditioned for this.

Cheers.

Define what establishments fall under your definition of "sex clubs."
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2022, 01:34:59 PM »

Cheers.
For now those clubs shouldn’t even be open.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2022, 01:45:23 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2022, 04:29:02 PM by Torie »

Cheers.

Define what establishments fall under your definition of "sex clubs."

Those allowing conduct that would facilitate the spread of the virus. A more snarky answer would be one knows it when one sees it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies