Will there be lockdowns due to monkeypox
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:59:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will there be lockdowns due to monkeypox
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Will there be lockdowns due to monkeypox  (Read 1336 times)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2022, 04:40:58 PM »

?
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 04:42:23 PM »

No
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 04:45:40 PM »

That's almost likely asking whether we should be worried about Canada invading the U.S.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 04:56:53 PM »

That's almost likely asking whether we should be worried about Canada invading the U.S.

I think it's far more likely to be the other way around regarding the invasion, for reasons I've discussed on this forum.

For the question at hand, no. Not because there shouldn't be, but because there's no political appetite for any.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 05:11:23 PM »

I think it's far more likely to be the other way around regarding the invasion, for reasons I've discussed on this forum.

For the question at hand, no. Not because there shouldn't be, but because there's no political appetite for any.

Well, there also shouldn't be monkeypox lockdowns, because they're unnecessary or let's rather say the downsides would outweigh any benefits by far.

It would be like instituting the death penalty as a deterrence against speed-limit violations.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 05:26:16 PM »

That's almost like asking whether we should be worried about Canada invading the U.S.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 07:37:53 PM »

No, it's voluntary to wear a mask and there won't be any shutdowns of movie theatres and Sports STDs and bars but Churches they are doing zoom you can go to church or do zoom
We all been vaccinated and you can live with AIDS now they have insulin as well as meds but that's a horrible disease that's why it's good to do abstinence unless you are in a relationship
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 07:40:56 PM »

No.

1. The public would not accept it.

2. Monkeypox doesn't even spread the same way as covid, so it wouldn't make sense.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2022, 07:43:14 PM »

No, although a very small minority at my university are trying to use this to get a campus wide mask mandate again. They 100% won’t be successful lmao.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 09:19:35 PM »

Some states like California, New York, Illinois, Oregon, Hawaii, and DC will likely lockdown over Monkeypox, but my and large, there won’t be much in the way of lockdowns in the US regarding Monkeypox.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2022, 09:35:25 PM »

Living in New York I'm worried that this is going to become a thing because some people just have to get their virtue signaling in and love saying that you're "literally murdering people" for going outside and touching grass. There's no good reason for there to be one.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2022, 09:46:06 PM »

Some states like California, New York, Illinois, Oregon, Hawaii, and DC will likely lockdown over Monkeypox, but my and large, there won’t be much in the way of lockdowns in the US regarding Monkeypox.

How much are you willing to bet?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2022, 09:58:13 PM »

I am willing to bet one doll hair regarding lockdowns in those states.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2022, 11:00:05 PM »

No there wont be lockdowns, that would be overkill considering we already have the vaccine and it doesn’t spread so well.
Its horrid because we have the f**king vaccine the fault is entirely on our government not taking it seriously early enough. F**k Joe Biden, that senile idiot will be safe while a public health crisis that was preventable becomes endemic and f**ks at risk populations. Disgusting excuse of a man who has failed America. I hope things improve and distribution/production isn’t as slow as many expect but at this rate it’s downright sad.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2022, 01:19:26 AM »

That's a lame-ass low-energy proposal.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 07:10:28 AM »

That's a lame-ass low-energy proposal.
I’ll bet $10 then regarding the lockdowns. If there aren’t any lockdowns, I will pay you $10.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2022, 07:15:13 AM »

As I wrote earlier...

For a disease that is neither particularly serious* nor especially contagious, which is only seriously spreading in a narrow section of the population and which can be treated very easily? This, frankly, is little more than hysterical hypochondria.

*Except to the extent that any disease (including the Common Cold) can be if the patient is sufficiently vulnerable.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2022, 08:13:04 AM »

As I wrote earlier...

For a disease that is neither particularly serious* nor especially contagious, which is only seriously spreading in a narrow section of the population and which can be treated very easily? This, frankly, is little more than hysterical hypochondria.

*Except to the extent that any disease (including the Common Cold) can be if the patient is sufficiently vulnerable.

The section it’s spreading in is poor and they don’t have easy access to the healthcare needed to make it not a serious issue. It’s not a pandemic like COVID but since healthcare and life isn’t a right in the US to the born, here we are.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2022, 09:22:54 AM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2022, 09:57:27 AM »

Kudos to him for seeing nuance and realizing that two separate diseases with different transmission methods and rates warrant a different response, right?
lakeview
Rookie
United States
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2022, 10:50:26 AM »

^Wrong. Kudos to him for exploiting a system where one can be a complete hypocrite with zero honor and still maintain a platform.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2022, 11:13:10 AM »

^Wrong. Kudos to him for exploiting a system where one can be a complete hypocrite with zero honor and still maintain a platform.

It's hypocritical to treat different diseases differently? That's a new one.
lakeview
Rookie
United States
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2022, 11:43:04 AM »

In Wiener's case, yes. He sounds hysterical with respect to one virus and reasonable with respect to the other, and this change in tone is dictated solely by his politics. Your carrying water for this hackery is solely dictated by your politics, too.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2022, 12:28:33 PM »

Well, there also shouldn't be monkeypox lockdowns, because they're unnecessary or let's rather say the downsides would outweigh any benefits by far.

It would be like instituting the death penalty as a deterrence against speed-limit violations.

The downsides outweighing the benefits by far is often not much of a guarantee against a public health policy, if the past few years are anything to go by.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2022, 12:51:49 PM »

In Wiener's case, yes. He sounds hysterical with respect to one virus and reasonable with respect to the other, and this change in tone is dictated solely by his politics. Your carrying water for this hackery is solely dictated by your politics, too.

Actually it's your politics that are clouding your judgment. COVID and monkeypox aren't the same thing and do not necessitate the same response. This would be the case for any pair of unrelated diseases.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies