Best and worst arguments against the existence of God (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:01:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Best and worst arguments against the existence of God (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best and worst arguments against the existence of God  (Read 3492 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« on: September 10, 2022, 10:56:28 AM »

The best argument that I am aware of is that the absence of evidence is evidence for absence.

This is self evident to me.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 09:00:53 AM »

The question in my mind, is not just whether there is evidence that nothing spiritual exists or that there is no afterlife*, but can anyone know for sure (prove) that death=personal extinction.

I don't think that this question is all that important, because whatever my opinion is, the fact of death is not going to change regardless of what I believe. So, if I believe something that isn't true, it won't change the fact of what the truth really is.
(in other words, if I believed in an afterlife, it wouldn't change the fact that there is no afterlife, if that is what is true). So what I believe doesn't really matter anyway.

The solution to this conundrum is to simply live in the present, since that is what matters anyway.

*of course, it is possible to believe in a purely physical afterlife (some beliefs in reincarnation are purely physical.

°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 04:55:02 PM »

http://argumentsforatheism.com/arguments.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies