Rep Jackie Walorski (Indiana) has died in a car crash (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:44:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rep Jackie Walorski (Indiana) has died in a car crash (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep Jackie Walorski (Indiana) has died in a car crash  (Read 2566 times)
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: August 04, 2022, 05:24:17 PM »

However, auto deaths are significantly more common among younger people than older people, and members of Congress are definitely old…so in that sense MCs should be less likely than average to die in a car accident.

Members of Congress almost never drive themselves though, they usually have staffers do it when they're doing work-related stuff. And given that staffers are mostly on the younger end, I'm frankly surprised it doesn't happen more often.

I'm guessing that a lot of those deaths have to do with drunk driving, and I doubt as many staffers are driving drunk while on the clock.  It's not purely an experience thing, but also one relating to certain behaviors that are less likely in that circumstance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies