How will the Democratic Party look by 2032? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:06:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How will the Democratic Party look by 2032? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will the Democratic Party look by 2032?  (Read 5850 times)
Central Lake
Rookie
Canada

« on: August 31, 2022, 06:49:52 PM »

I think regardless if they win or lose the Republican party will trend/become more like J.D Vance, Blake Masters and not go towards McCain, Paul Ryan, Cheney positioning. So I agree with Democrats poaching libertarians on social issues and neocons on foreign policy.

In terms of the Republican party I think it will be socially and culturally conservative and slightly to the left in economics. Further predications but this may be wish casting on my part is that:
GOP will have Tulsi Gabbard/Rand Paul views on foreign policy
Like Hunguary/Poland on family policy
and similar to the Ford brothers of Toronto in approach to minority and immigrant voters
Central Lake
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 06:56:58 PM »

Most analysts with expertise tend to underrate the staying power of trends, instead trying to identify the elusive turning point. The Democrats are most likely to continue drifting left, particularly on social issues, while failing electorally once Trump has left the scene (particularly in the Senate). They are still extremely vulnerable to defections among non-liberal hispanics, blacks, and the remaining regional bastions of elevated non-college white support. It will probably require the pain of many lost elections before the Democrats reverse course.

While I don't think Democrats are screwed I do agree that in the current alignment Dems are likely to experience defections electorally in the short and medium term.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies