Do you believe people should be forced to remain married against their will? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:11:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you believe people should be forced to remain married against their will? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should a married couple be force to remain together, even if one or both parties want to end the marriage?
I support forced marriage (D).

I oppose forced marriage (D).

I support forced marriage (R).

I oppose forced marriage (R).

I support forced marriage (I/O).

I oppose forced marriage (I/O).

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Do you believe people should be forced to remain married against their will?  (Read 1637 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 06, 2022, 11:42:10 AM »

I don't oppose no fault divorce. Speaking as someone who has parents that are divorced, looking back at their marriage, I can honestly say that they were both better off for the divorce. Granted, it was a very unique set of circumstances that caused them to separate and then divorce (he came out as trans, which took a toll on her mental state and triggered a brief affair on her part), but even before those circumstances they got into many big fights and looking back I can't help but think for the 4-5 years prior to the events that triggered their separation and eventual divorce, they were in it "for the kids." Not to mention, the time after their divorce just showed how different they really are as people. Did they try to make it work? Yes, but in the end it didn't. Do they still care for each other? Yes, they're still friends to this day, they're just too different to be more than that. Was it rough for me to go through everything they went through? Yes, even though I wasn't a young child, I was 16 when they separated, it was rough, but on balance my family was better off for it in the long run.

My Grandparents were married for over 50 years, they largely only stayed together "for the kids" and because they were relatively old school catholics. They were miserable and I didn't want my parents to end up the same way and am glad they didn't, nor would I want anyone else to end up that way.

dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 12:48:19 PM »

I also think it's quite disturbing that so many Republicans on this forum, who on average are more moderate than non atlas Republicans, support "forcing people to remain married against their will" because that tells me a huge number of non atlas Republicans support that and worse.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies