America's Maverick Part 2: Madame President

<< < (2/54) > >>

OSR stands with Israel:
The Inauguration of Hillary Rodham Clinton

Speaker Nancy Pelosi comments on the inauguration of President-Elect Clinton

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enDJtOluCWo

Blitzer: Speaker Pelosi what is your reaction to President Hillary Clinton being sworn in

Pelosi: Well I have many reactions , one is excitement about the fact that our nation will finally be getting its first female president and this in my opinion will send a message to every kid in our great country that they can be whatever the dream of being no matter whether they are a boy or a girl. Number two it also shows how far we have come in our country in just 100 years as remember a century ago women did not even have the right to vote let alone have the opportunity to lead a country as powerful as ours.

Blitzer: Any policies you excited about

Pelosi: Of course given for the first time in over 14 years we will have unified control of Washington and I am excited of what we can do with on issues like Healthcare, Childcare and having a President who has clearly been passionate about those issues like President-Elect Hillary Clinton will be big.

Blitzer: Ok thank you and enjoy the inauguration

President Hillary Clinton gives her inaugural speech after being sworn in:

Source: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Eg2WEW5XvzM/maxresdefault.jpg

Rockefeller being sworn in by Justice Stevens:

Stevens: Mr. Senator, put up your right hand and repeat after me

Rockefeller: I, John Davison Rockefeller, do solemnly swear
that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
that I take this obligation freely,
without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;
and that I will well and faithfully discharge
the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.
So help me God.

Stevens: Congratulations, Mr. Vice President

Clinton sworn in by Chief Justice Scalia:

Scalia: Mrs. Senator , put up your right hand and repeat after me

Clinton: I, Hillary Rodham Clinton, do solemnly swear
that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States,
and will to the best of my Ability,
preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.
So help me God.

Scalia: Congratulations, Mrs. President

Excepts of President Clinton's Inaugural Speech:

Clinton: Mr. Chief Justice, President McCain, President Clinton, President Bush, President Carter, distinguished guests , every 4 years ago we gather on the steps of our capital to celebrate our democracy and to show the world how great it is(Applause). On many occasions this ceremony marks a transition of power not only from one party to another but from one set of ideas to another and on this occasion I want to thank President McCain for all the hard work he did to make sure one of the most unusual transition periods in our history could be as smooth as possible and I also want to thank a man who has given decades of his life in service to our country and I hope all of you join me in giving him a round of applause(Applause). This occasion though is just not a time of celebration but also a time where we accept the duty of facing the challenges that our nation faces and overcoming them(Applause) .

Today we face many challenges from an economy still recovering from a recession, to ensuring the success of democracy all across the world and too dealing with the issue of global warming and while they may not seem easy I am confident that we can overcome them(Applause). It though is important though that we not only ensure our economy continues to recover from recession but also to ensure that we can have a system that makes it easier for mothers to raise their kids, for Americans who are unable to get healthcare be able to as doing so will create a nation that is more prosperous than it ever has been before(Applause). It is important when facing any challenge that not only you overcome it but in doing so make yourself stronger than you had been before and that is something we have done throughout our history and something I believe we will keep doing long after all of us are gone(Applause).

On that topic though it is why it is critical we continue our work to promote democratic ideals across the globe to make sure future generations have a more prosperous world to live in then the one we live in today(Applause). This by the way also includes continuing to improve our democracy here at home which is why one of my first executive orders as President will be to create a committee to research ways on how to improve the way we elect future Presidents(Applause) and also on how we can improve civic participation in our country as doing so will strengthen our democracy(Applause). Lastly to leave a better world for our kids and grandkids we must tackle the issue of global warming which is why I call on a national movement from the congress, to state legislature to businesses and to you the people to change how we consume our energy to ensure that we can create better lives for our kids while also protecting our planet(Applause). Thank You May God Bless You and May God Bless America 

2016:
Very enjoyable Inauguration Excerpts.

OSR stands with Israel:
President Clinton signs the first 5 executive orders of her Presidency:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re1PVmGMKf4

Executive Order 13456: Creates a commission to research and study ways to potentially reform the way the US elects Presidents

Executive Order 13457: Repeals President McCain's Mexico City Policy

Executive Order 13458: Repeals President McCain's order that any new proposed regulation do a cost-benefit analysis before its implementation and that the analysis be disclosed to the public

Executive Order 13459: Provides Federal Employees with 12 weeks of Paid Maternal Leave and 6 weeks of Paid Paternity Leave

Executive Order 13460: Notifies Federal Employees of their Employee Rights Under Federal Law

BigVic:
Good start especially after such a close election. What does GWB do now

Blow by blow, the passion dies:
Quote from: Old School Republican on August 12, 2022, 01:11:59 PM

President Clinton signs the first 5 executive orders of her Presidency:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re1PVmGMKf4

Executive Order 13456: Creates a commission to research and study ways to potentially reform the way the US elects Presidents

Executive Order 13457: Repeals President McCain's Mexico City Policy

Executive Order 13458: Repeals President McCain's order that any new proposed regulation do a cost-benefit analysis before its implementation and that the analysis be disclosed to the public

Executive Order 13459: Provides Federal Employees with 12 weeks of Paid Maternal Leave and 6 weeks of Paid Paternity Leave

Executive Order 13460: Notifies Federal Employees of their Employee Rights Under Federal Law

I disagree with the second one, but I like the realism and originality of these executive orders

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page