JetBlue - Spirit airline merger probably happening
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:51:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  JetBlue - Spirit airline merger probably happening
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JetBlue - Spirit airline merger probably happening  (Read 1185 times)
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2022, 06:03:39 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/27/spirit-airlines-frontier-terminate-deal-that-was-marred-by-jetblues-rival-bid.html

Spirit Airlines terminated its merger agreement with Frontier Airlines on Wednesday, months after a rival bid by JetBlue Airways marred the planned tie-up.

The announcement ends a protracted battle over the budget airline known for its bare bones service and low fares. Spirit said it would continue its “ongoing discussions with JetBlue as we pursue the best path forward for Spirit and our stockholders.”

A JetBlue takeover would create the country’s fifth-largest airline. A combined Spirit and Frontier would have also ranked fifth.

Shareholders on Wednesday were set to vote only on the proposed Spirit-Frontier combination, which JetBlue spent weeks urging shareholders to turn down. The New York-based carrier said in a statement that it was pleased the Frontier agreement was terminated and that it is engaged in discussions with Spirit “toward a consensual agreement as soon as possible.”

Thoughts? If wrong board, please move.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 03:09:19 PM »

I made the mistake of flying JetBlue to NY recently. The entire experience felt like a Spirit or Frontier flight without the cheap tickets so this makes sense.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 05:04:21 PM »

I made the mistake of flying JetBlue to NY recently. The entire experience felt like a Spirit or Frontier flight without the cheap tickets so this makes sense.

Weird. Last time I flew them, it was the best experience by a longshot. Like Southwest, but cheaper and more legroom and blue potato chips.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 02:35:44 PM »

Weird. Last time I flew them, it was the best experience by a longshot. Like Southwest, but cheaper and more legroom and blue potato chips.

Idk, maybe it's because I compare other airlines to Delta, who are far and away the best.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 03:27:40 PM »

>Raises eyebrow

I stand by what I said.

Though I admit, jetBlue was six years ago, when Long Beach was their main West Hub, so it has been some time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies