GOP congressional candidate claims "there are no pronouns in the Constitution or the Bible"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:49:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GOP congressional candidate claims "there are no pronouns in the Constitution or the Bible"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: GOP congressional candidate claims "there are no pronouns in the Constitution or the Bible"  (Read 1678 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2022, 10:43:55 PM »

Preamble to the Constitution
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union...

Genesis 1:4
God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 11:05:23 PM »

Was this the one that posted the Hunter v. Don Jr 2028 poll and then got mad when Hunter Biden won?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 11:15:43 PM »

Tbf she is a sacrificial lamb and just form her ads doenst seem like the most stable of people. She kinda has permission to just say whatever she wants.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 11:16:26 PM »

Preamble to the Constitution
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union...

Genesis 1:4
God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

From her own web page:

My whole life, I have been trying to help my community. It’s been twenty years of running my food bank and I still see the same people there, begging for help, twenty years later. I’m going to Congress because someone has to help these people out… and I’m going to be the one to do it!

https://www.spicerforcongress.com/
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 11:49:45 PM »

They are running in a D+28 district.  Sacrificial lamb candidates are often whackjobs.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 11:53:44 PM »

Not concerned about what some sentient brainlet wojak says.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 04:54:35 AM »

Kind of woke for him to suggest that Yahweh is non-binary.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 06:33:23 AM »

Not only is there no bottom for Republicans, but they are in a constant competition with themselves to plumb new depths of both evil and stupidity.,
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 07:01:37 AM »

Not only is there no bottom for Republicans, but they are in a constant competition with themselves to plumb new depths of both evil and stupidity.,

It’s like the space race in violence, ignorance,  and degeneracy.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 08:47:38 AM »

She must have gotten her diploma from Trump University.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2022, 11:44:45 AM »

Whats the point of "sacrificial" candidates anyway? To pretend people have a choice in voting instead of it being single party rule in some places? Why even bother wasting the time/money?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 11:51:41 AM »

A well proven notorious troll just posted an absurd statement two posts above me. No doubt almost everyone disagrees and someone might try to "refute" him.

If you do so you're really just as bad as him. Please just ignore this 100% worthless and regularly tempbanned and muted sh!tposter.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2022, 12:03:46 PM »

The Bible nor the Constitution has "pronouns" in the sense that LGBTQ+ activists now employ the term.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2022, 12:09:24 PM »

The Bible nor the Constitution has "pronouns" in the sense that LGBTQ+ activists now employ the term.
That's not what she said. She said "There are no pronouns in the Constitution." and "There are no pronouns in the Bible."
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2022, 12:13:48 PM »

That's not what she said. She said "There are no pronouns in the Constitution." and "There are no pronouns in the Bible."

And there now exists a distinct definition of "pronouns" that is used to mean chosen personal pronouns selected on the basis of someone's gender identity, which is a concept that would be completely alien in Early American or Biblical times.

Words can have multiple definitions that change over time, you know...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2022, 12:21:50 PM »

And there now exists a distinct definition of "pronouns" that is used to mean chosen personal pronouns selected on the basis of someone's gender identity, which is a concept that would be completely alien in Early American or Biblical times.

And where did she specifically state that's what she's referring to? Because almost everyone is going to read those statements defining "pronouns" exactly as they were defined in 18th century English.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2022, 12:26:54 PM »

Both the Bible and the Constitution are missing land acknowledgements, though.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2022, 12:32:00 PM »

Both the Bible and the Constitution are missing land acknowledgements, though.
I suppose Nehemiah 9:8 arguably qualifies.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2022, 12:55:23 PM »

And where did she specifically state that's what she's referring to? Because almost everyone is going to read those statements defining "pronouns" exactly as they were defined in 18th century English.

Since when do people have to explicitly state which definition of a word they are using?  That would make our language so cumbersome as to actually impede communication, LOL

I don't think it's impossible to understand what she means given the context.  15.4k people who liked the Tweet supposedly got it.  The red avatar mafia is showing up here with a motivated interpretation of her words, as always.   
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2022, 12:59:01 PM »

Since when do people have to explicitly state which definition of a word they are using?  That would make our language so cumbersome as to actually impede communication, LOL

I don't think it's impossible to understand what she means given the context.  15.4k people who liked the Tweet supposedly got it.  The red avatar mafia is showing up here with a motivated interpretation of her words, as always.   

No matter how absurd, bizarre, or even downright hateful a comment some Republican publicly makes, DT is always there to defend them no questions asked.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2022, 12:59:19 PM »

They are running in a D+28 district.  Sacrificial lamb candidates are often whackjobs.
I think that even some Biden +30 districts could flip this year defending on how big the Republican wave turns out to be.

I can't decide whether this is a better fit for the Absurd Post thread or the Hilarity thread.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2022, 01:02:57 PM »

No matter how absurd, bizarre, or even downright hateful a comment some Republican publicly makes, DT is always there to defend them no questions asked.

This Tweet is none of those things unless you have selective BadgerBrainTM.  No questions asked. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2022, 01:14:54 PM »

For sure, like "well-regulated militia".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2022, 01:17:20 PM »

This Tweet is none of those things unless you have selective BadgerBrainTM.  No questions asked. 

Maybe not hateful? I didn't read the rest of her thread to get her point, though I would lay even odds it's a swipe at trans people, in which case yes.

Absurd and bizarre though? Most certainly, and one merely has to have a BrainTM to sus that out
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2022, 01:37:05 PM »

This is a particularly amazing sentence to read from the side that believes the term "woman" can only apply to people with a vagina and ovaries.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies