SB 110-12: The Game Engine Restructuring and GM Team Creation Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:50:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 110-12: The Game Engine Restructuring and GM Team Creation Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SB 110-12: The Game Engine Restructuring and GM Team Creation Act (Passed)  (Read 1606 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2022, 08:20:13 PM »
« edited: August 09, 2022, 03:35:26 PM by PPT Spark »

AN ACT
To restructure the Game Engine to create a GM team

Section 1: Title & definitions
i. The title of this Act shall be The Game Engine Restructuring and GM Team Creation Act. It may also be cited as "The GM Team Creation Act".
ii. As it appears in this legislation, “non-playable entity” shall refer to all parties, including but not limited to foreign governments and non-state actors, minor agencies, state and municipal officers, and public interest groups, which may be presumed to exist within the context of Atlasia, the functions of which are not performed by any person registered with the Census Bureau.

Section 2: Separation of powers
i. All powers and prerogatives which shall by grant of Congress in the game engine reside, shall be divided among the several officers of the same, that is between the members of the game moderation team.

Section 3: Game Moderation Team
i. The president shall appoint three (3) members of the game moderation team (henceforth referred to as "the GM team") with the advice and consent of the Senate.
ii. The GM team shall have power, except where limited elsewhere by this legislation:
(a) to simulate the effect of domestic and foreign legislation of the government of Atlasia and of the several regions;
(b) to simulate the actions of non-playable entities;
(c) to simulate domestic and global events;
(d) to be the final arbiter in all questions of the reality of events which occur during their tenure;
(e) to be the final arbiter on the reality of the status quo with respect domestic and global conditions.
iii. The word of the GM team, once spoken, is Canon, and may not be revoked by their successor.
iv. Members of the GM team may be removed from office according to the same provisions set in place for the impeachment of executive officers.
v. A majority of members of the GM team may not hold any other elected or appointed office in either the Federal or Regional Governments.

Section 4: Internal Deliberations of the GM team and Public Updates
a) Any major decision by the GM team regarding information given to government officials in but not limited to the National Security Council, shall be put to an internal vote if any member of the team objects. A majority of votes shall be required to pass a major decision. Should a vote come to a tie either due to vacancy or absence, the most senior sitting member of the GM team shall break the tie. No major decision's vote may come to an end with less than 2 members of the GM team voting.
b) Any public update as a whole shall be voted on by the GM team with the same rules described in Section 4.a with the internal vote count being made public at the end of the update. A majority of members of the GM team must provide confirmation within the Game Engine publication thread that the vote count is valid.
c) Should any member of the GM team post a public update without a vote count or without verification from a majority the other members of the team, or give information to government officials without approval from a majority of the team, it shall be considered an impeachable offense.

Section 5: Repeal of old legislation
i. All previous Acts of Congress as they relate to the structure, powers, and officers of the game engine are hereby repealed.

This is my "rough framework" for a potential GM team. I'm aware there's likely some issues I've missed, but I believe this would help relieve a lot of the issues we've seen with GMs getting burned out. We can work out the kinks during debate on the floor. I've included the possibility for a sitting elected official to be on the team so there is not a shortage of players to offices, but I do not think a majority should be elected officials so that they can't abuse the office to try and score political wins.

EDIT: Removed references to the CG that I missed. That office would be abolished under this.

Sponsor: WB

The gentleman from South Carolina is recognized.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 09:20:42 PM »

Offering an amendment (more or less an addition) to this bill as follows.

Section 6. Establishment of multi-partisan commission

1. Congress hereby establishes a multi-partisan commission on activity to improve activity in the Republic of Atlasia

2. Personnel

Members of the commission shall include:
a. The Game Moderator and team
b. Members of the Domestic policy council
c. One citizen of the public

3. Goals and Reporting

a. The goals of said commission shall be to devise ways to recruit, engage, and retain new players into Atlasia
b. The commission on activity in Atlasia shall produce a report to Congress and the President in a timely fashion within 90 days.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 02:10:53 AM »

That amendment seems sort of unworkable, so I'll object for the purpose of having a vote
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 02:12:40 AM »

The DPC hasn't existed for years.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 02:14:17 AM »

The DPC hasn't existed for years.

Well it has, it just hasn't been filled.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 09:23:03 AM »

That amendment seems sort of unworkable, so I'll object for the purpose of having a vote

Vote on the amendment will start later this evening EST.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 09:38:24 AM »

An objection has been raised so you open the vote now.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 09:45:00 AM »

An objection has been raised so you open the vote now.

Under the rules, the amendment needs to be on the floor for 24 hours.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 12:27:19 PM »

So if doesn’t really exist then and I see little reason for it to be filled.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 11:46:38 PM »

Say, has anyone seen WB? I am aware he basically posted advocacy along with the bill but it would still be nice to have him talk about it here on the floor.

I'm not sure what relevance an amendment to introduce a commission on activity has to a GM reform bill, but maybe other Senators have their $0.02 to offer on that.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2022, 12:02:54 AM »

sorry gentlemen, I've been a bit busy lately.

So this bill overhauls the GM system and replaces it with a GM team, similarly to something Lumine suggested a while back. The goal is to make it so the workload doesn't fall all onto one person, and thus reduces burnout because that's the most common reason for them leaving. It also doesn't rely on one person's activity to remain strong, which should help with activity issues.

I've included the provision to allow (not require) an elected official to be member, mostly to deal with the possibility that the non-elected playerbase is disconnected from the game and thus isn't interested. I've limited this to one so that elected officials can't hijack control of the whole game engine for self-serving needs.

I do remember some alterations Lumine wished for me to make once this got on the floor, but my time is slightly limited at the moment. I should hopefully get those here tomorrow or Friday.

As for spark's amendment, it is an interesting idea but the fact that no one is on the DPC puts a damper on it. I personally don't think such a commission could find much of anything but it wouldn't hurt I suppose.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2022, 07:28:19 AM »

Vote on the Spark amendment is now open for 96 hours.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2022, 07:30:09 AM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2022, 07:34:12 AM »

Abstain
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2022, 09:44:36 AM »

No
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2022, 10:55:18 AM »

Y'know what, here are my two Lincolns.

If you want to establish a legislative commission on activity, feel free to introduce it, but this is a bill about the GM office. Commissions of any kind not explicitly geared toward GM stuff, even if they are written to include the GM, shouldn't go in a bill that has one job and one job only.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2022, 01:13:56 PM »

Respectfully nay for the reason the President mentioned. Ill vote fir such a commission in a sepatate bill.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2022, 01:16:31 PM »

Nay for the reasons the president mentioned
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2022, 03:50:21 PM »

Switching to Nay
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2022, 08:18:54 PM »

Changing to nay too. If that is what is best in the President's view, I'll introduce it separately.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2022, 11:32:00 PM »

nay
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2022, 08:34:38 AM »

AN ACT
To restructure the Game Engine to create a GM team

Section 1: Title & definitions
i. The title of this Act shall be The Game Engine Restructuring and GM Team Creation Act. It may also be cited as "The GM Team Creation Act".
ii. As it appears in this legislation, “non-playable entity” shall refer to all parties, including but not limited to foreign governments and non-state actors, minor agencies, state and municipal officers, and public interest groups, which may be presumed to exist within the context of Atlasia, the functions of which are not performed by any person registered with the Census Bureau.

Section 2: Separation of powers
i. All powers and prerogatives which shall by grant of Congress in the game engine reside, shall be divided among the several officers of the same, that is between the members of the game moderation team.

Section 3: Game Moderation Team
i. The president shall appoint three (3) members of the game moderation team (henceforth referred to as "the GM team") with the advice and consent of the Senate.
ii. The GM team shall have power, except where limited elsewhere by this legislation:
(a) to simulate the effect of domestic and foreign legislation of the government of Atlasia and of the several regions;
(b) to simulate the actions of non-playable entities;
(c) to simulate domestic and global events;
(d) to be the final arbiter in all questions of the reality of events which occur during their tenure;
(e) to be the final arbiter on the reality of the status quo with respect domestic and global conditions.
iii. The word of the GM team, once spoken, is Canon, and may not be revoked by their successor.
iv. Members of the GM team may be removed from office according to the same provisions set in place for the impeachment of executive officers.
v. A majority of members of the GM team may not hold any other elected or appointed office in either the Federal or Regional Governments.

Section 4: Internal Deliberations of the GM team and Public Updates
a) Any major decision by the GM team regarding information given to government officials in but not limited to the National Security Council, shall be put to an internal vote if any member of the team objects. A majority of votes shall be required to pass a major decision. Should a vote come to a tie either due to vacancy or absence, the most senior sitting member of the GM team who is not an elected official shall break the tie. No major decision's vote may come to an end with less than 2 members of the GM team voting.
b) Any public update as a whole shall be voted on by the GM team with the same rules described in Section 4.a with the internal vote count being made public at the end of the update. A majority of members of the GM team must provide confirmation within the Game Engine publication thread that the vote count is valid.
c) Should any member of the GM team post a public update without a vote count or without verification from a majority the other members of the team, or give information to government officials without approval from a majority of the team, it shall be considered an impeachable offense.

Section 5: Repeal of old legislation
i. All previous Acts of Congress as they relate to the structure, powers, and officers of the game engine are hereby repealed.

Small amendment. This is to prevent the elected official member of the team from seizing control of the engine in cases where one seat is vacant for a time.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2022, 04:14:03 PM »

Nay.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2022, 08:34:32 PM »

Nay on Spark amendment
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2022, 02:42:21 PM »

Nay

Really dubious about a commission generally, but especially here.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies