Opinion of Afghanistan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:34:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Opinion of Afghanistan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FC

HC

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Opinion of Afghanistan?  (Read 1185 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: July 22, 2022, 08:24:05 PM »

When people talk about colonialism being the thing which made so much of the world worse, let’s all remember that Afghanistan was never a victim of colonialism and it’s pretty much the worst country in the world.
To claim Afghanistan never really was a victim of colonialism tells me you don’t actually consider geopolitics or society beyond a surface level.
I will never understand why Western Europeans (and Japanese) people don’t just accept they f**ked some places up. Yes it’s not the ONLY factor, but it certainly is one.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 08:33:57 AM »

When people talk about colonialism being the thing which made so much of the world worse, let’s all remember that Afghanistan was never a victim of colonialism and it’s pretty much the worst country in the world.

Hong Kong
Singapore
Australia
USA
Canada

All the most successful countries started as Emglish Colonies.

Vietnam
Lebanon
Cote D'Voire
Burkina Faso

Almost a level below in terms of quality of result.

So the colonialist effect depends largely on the coloianialists.

England - Good
France - Average
Belgium - Poor

Like the posters on this forum in a way.

The differences of colonization did definitely have an impact. It’s not just about who is the colonizer, but also what the purpose of the colonization is. You can see differences between Spanish colonies in Latin America and the US for good reason, and a lot of it has to do with the social structures and economic systems put in place that became part of the local culture. An even better example is Haiti vs Dominican Republic.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 08:35:37 AM »

To claim Afghanistan never really was a victim of colonialism tells me you don’t actually consider geopolitics or society beyond a surface level.
I will never understand why Western Europeans (and Japanese) people don’t just accept they f**ked some places up. Yes it’s not the ONLY factor, but it certainly is one.

Speak for yourself imperialist, the countries who got independence from my country are all high income countries.
Hey, I’m not against colonialism, it’s just I am pro honesty. Colonialism in pursuit of raw materials tends to be a terrible deal for the land you are colonizing. Doesn’t mean the US shouldn’t engage in neocolonialism. The difference between us and the Europeans is that we don’t lie to ourselves.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies