PPT Election Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:02:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PPT Election Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPT Election Bill  (Read 4132 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: June 30, 2004, 05:34:22 PM »

I think the PPT should be able to be elected immediately after a new Senate is sworn in. We don't really have to wait an entire week, that might slow down the legislative process and dampen the momentum of new representatives just coming in off their campaign promises.

Yeah and having the election once every 2 months sounds good, perhaps we can then have a clause that no one will be PPT for more than 4 times in a row, which is 8 months, same as the presidency.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 05:49:58 PM »

I think the PPT should be able to be elected immediately after a new Senate is sworn in. We don't really have to wait an entire week, that might slow down the legislative process and dampen the momentum of new representatives just coming in off their campaign promises.

Yeah and having the election once every 2 months sounds good, perhaps we can then have a clause that no one will be PPT for more than 4 times in a row, which is 8 months, same as the presidency.

I was going to add a clause for just elected twice in a row.

I suggest we hold it for the whole week after swearing in, I merely chose weekends as people are more likely to be on the forums then.

That sounds good. I think that if 6 senators of 5 plus the VP express support for 1 candidate prior to the weekend after swearing in, it would get a potential distraction out of the way earlier. I normally wouldn't mind except that the swearing in is already such a long time after the actual election (just look at this one). But if enough senators dont come on until the weekend to determine the election, then of course it will have to be extended. Another thing is, since the President can be elected for 8 months, (s)he can potentially have a lot of time to build up a strong reputation and prestige as commander in chief. The PPT should have the opportunity to serve for the same amount of time and build up the same prestige as leader of the senate.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 06:39:58 PM »

Did you ever notice every bill passes?

Indeed I have noticed, have you ever noticed we never debate the bills before passing them too, lol.
well it's your job to guide bills now,don't let anyone vote until there is some debate.

I am aware it is my job now, Smiley, I plan to do it thoroughly, by the time I got here today we already had five votes on the bill for so I figured I would let it go.

Its also our responsibility to try to debate before we start voting Tongue But a big factor is definitely that no one would propose a bill unless they thought it would pass, for one thing, we are passing mostly procedural bills, for another thing, and that all bills sound good when they are first read, for strike three.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 07:10:17 PM »

All this bill needs is a presidential signature.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 06:47:46 PM »

Actually this bill has become law due to no action being taken by the executive within 7 days.

"If the President approves, or if he or she neither approves nor vetoes the bill or resolution within seven days, the bill or resolution shall take effect."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies