How much of Trump's appeal in Staten Island was occupational?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:28:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How much of Trump's appeal in Staten Island was occupational?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How much of Trump's appeal in Staten Island was occupational?  (Read 347 times)
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2022, 12:03:22 AM »

Upon face value, it seems preposterous Trump's workplace experience as an executive relates to the myriad of public safety employees, middle managers, lawyers, and other members of the bronz homeland. However, this ignores Trump's operational responsibilities as a project manager. That inherently meant he interacted with the Staten Island residents who comprise a significant portion of the construction workforce. Furthermore, the historical racial segregation of the unions up there probably proved fertile ground for Trump to test his grievance politics on the national level. Known wise guy and convicted felon Michael Franzese spoke of these professional interactions in an interview on Hotboxin' w/Mike Tyson.

I got a lil bit involved in this whole investigation because I knew some of the people around Trump and they asked if Trump ever dealt w/the Mob and I just ... are you guys like in Never Never Land? I said he was a real estate developer in NYC, he had to deal with us like every other developer because we controlled the unions. If you wanted to get anything done you had to come to us. Now we didn't party with him, he didn't come to our social club .... but of course he had to deal w/us you didn't get anything done unless you dealt w/us

Now some of this might be bluster from a disgraced, clout-chasing capo but it more or less tracks with my own experience working with general contractors. Therefore, one must ponder how much of Trump's prowess in those types of demographics comes from his professional experience and probably just shootin' the s___ with them on a daily basis.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies