Mexico offers GPS units to illegals to aid crossing journey into the US
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:47:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mexico offers GPS units to illegals to aid crossing journey into the US
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Mexico offers GPS units to illegals to aid crossing journey into the US  (Read 4873 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2007, 11:06:53 PM »

I'm pretty sure that the ton of witnesses on this forum who read and responded to that thread before it was deleted by the moderators would back me up.

You're doing a bang-up job of spinning your way out of your hypocrisy, by the way.  I'm also a little flattered that you think I care if you think I'm a terrible person for not caring about the wellbeing of criminals.  (That sentence was a bit of a mindbender.)

What?  You want to debate this instead of the fact that you just said that you don't care if people live or die?

I am stating, categoritcally, tha I would not revel in the President's death.  Ok? 

end of discussion

The truth is, you did just that.

No I didn't.  You are welcome to whatever opinion you like of that movie.

The fact that the whole topic was deleted damn near proves it was vile and dangerous enough to be removed, I remember what you said, its ok really, I don't understand the anger you have against him, but I get upset too.

On the other hand, these people, the illeagals, I know how you feel, they are for a vast majority, good people, who want to work, and want to have freedom. But, they simply can't do it in this fashion. Mexicans have options, they really do, they government is useless, revolution is an option. Legal immigration is an option. Improving thier own country is an option too.

They deserve (sorta) so much more, everyone wishes people could have it as good as we do, but when the question is asked, will I subject my citizens to the crime and danger brought by these people, the answer is most definetly no, even if it means they suffer.

Good points.  But I don't think they bring all that much crime and danger.  Maybe some.  I live in a border state, so yeah, some.  The solutions will be complex, but they should be humanistic in my humble opinion.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2007, 11:13:31 PM »

I'm pretty sure that the ton of witnesses on this forum who read and responded to that thread before it was deleted by the moderators would back me up.

You're doing a bang-up job of spinning your way out of your hypocrisy, by the way.  I'm also a little flattered that you think I care if you think I'm a terrible person for not caring about the wellbeing of criminals.  (That sentence was a bit of a mindbender.)

What?  You want to debate this instead of the fact that you just said that you don't care if people live or die?

I am stating, categoritcally, tha I would not revel in the President's death.  Ok? 

end of discussion

The fact that the whole topic was deleted damn near proves it was vile and dangerous enough to be removed, I remember what you said, its ok really, I don't understand the anger you have against him, but I get upset too.

On the other hand, these people, the illeagals, I know how you feel, they are for a vast majority, good people, who want to work, and want to have freedom. But, they simply can't do it in this fashion. Mexicans have options, they really do, they government is useless, revolution is an option. Legal immigration is an option. Improving thier own country is an option too.

They deserve (sorta) so much more, everyone wishes people could have it as good as we do, but when the question is asked, will I subject my citizens to the crime and danger brought by these people, the answer is most definetly no, even if it means they suffer.

Good points.  But I don't think they bring all that much crime and danger.  Maybe some.  I live in a border state, so yeah, some.  The solutions will be complex, but they should be humanistic in my humble opinion.

The situation in MY border state is considerably different, the border is occupied by two very different areas, massive private ranches, and large cities. Both present a huge problem. In the ranch case, the sheer size of the land allows the illeagals to make deep penetration into the state. In the urban areas like Laredo and Brownsville, crime is massive, and police actually lack control of some areas.

There has to be a balance between humanistic efforts and reality, and unfortuneatly in this case, they must deny these people what they want.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2007, 02:13:03 AM »

end of discussion

The situation in MY border state is considerably different, the border is occupied by two very different areas, massive private ranches, and large cities. Both present a huge problem. In the ranch case, the sheer size of the land allows the illeagals to make deep penetration into the state. In the urban areas like Laredo and Brownsville, crime is massive, and police actually lack control of some areas.

There has to be a balance between humanistic efforts and reality, and unfortuneatly in this case, they must deny these people what they want.
Hmm, this is educational for me.  Thanks.  It seems like is a vastly different problem in your state. 

It makes things even more complex, because a large-scale solution to this problem will probably come on a federal level, and not be nuanced.  This country is so huge, it's hard not to do things ham-handed, in a general fashion, without subtlety.

I haven't really formed a firm positin on amnesty, but I am leaning that way.  It seems to sort of make sense, but it is more complex than I thought.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies