When will a Democrat next win a statewide race in Texas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:27:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will a Democrat next win a statewide race in Texas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: When will a Democrat next win a statewide race in Texas?

2032 or later

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: When will a Democrat next win a statewide race in Texas?  (Read 2479 times)
Spectator
United States

« on: August 06, 2022, 09:00:25 AM »

Either Cruz loses a general in 2024 or 2030 or the next time a Democrat wins the presidency after a Republican President.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 03:34:06 PM »

When will a Democrat next win a statewide race in Texas?

It would be based on circumstances.

If one is thinking U.S. Senate: It would likely occur in a midterm election cycle in which the president of the United States is affiliated with the Republican Party and the Democrats flip a U.S. Senate seat in Texas.

If one is thinking U.S. President: It would likely occur in the next applicable U.S. presidential election in which the White House is in the column for the Republicans and it ends up switching to the Democrats. Under those circumstances, one of the pickup states would be Texas.

The next Democratic President will win Texas. Is that your prediction? What other states will they win that Biden did not? Are there states that they will probably lose?

My guess is the next Democrat President wins Texas and North Carolina. Probably will lose Wisconsin, but who knows.

Trump wins in 2024 and a Democrat wins in 2028, but not one of the people that are being talked about now.

If Biden does win re-election in 2024, I can see a scenario where a Democrat beats Cruz in the Senate race.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 11:45:13 AM »

Definitely 2026, especially if a Republican is in the white house.

If there’s a Republican in the White House in 2030, I imagine that the Senate race, with Cruz running or not, and potentially the Governors race would be the year the dam breaks. DFW and Austin and horrendous for the GOP, and ten more years of demographic change is only going to get worse. I think Austin will start voting like San Francisco before long, and the DFW metro not too far behind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies