The Gathering Storm, Redux - League of Nations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:03:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Gathering Storm, Redux - League of Nations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Gathering Storm, Redux - League of Nations  (Read 9020 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: March 08, 2023, 02:53:06 AM »

A MOTION
To the League of Nations

The League of Nations resolves

To accept the Mongolian People's Republic as a full Member of the League.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 03:59:34 PM »

The USSR VETOES the South African motion

The USSR is welcome to offer a homeland to the Jewish in its own territory. Secondly, the Levant should have its own right to determine over their future, that's not up to South Africa or League of Nations to decide.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 08:23:30 AM »

Given Romania has repressed their people and workers, we believe that we do have the right to liberate your people.

Given Romania's previous signing of the anti-comintern pact, the USSR doesn't consider the Romanian government exactly good friends.

It's the unwill of the Romanian government to cooperate, the repression of Romanian workers and rights that has led us doing the actions we believe we need to do to liberate Romanians.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 07:19:23 AM »

The USSR VETOES the Canadian motion.

We believe this would harm the interests of the USSR and that such a proposal simply would not work.

Given many nations recently left the League of Nations, this also implies that the League of Nations could better be called: "League of Some Nations", one that fails to represent all countries and its people in the League, and that only acts in the interests of very few nations, most oftenly those of the colonizers, the ones that share a western imperialist, capitalist and oppressive vision.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 11:28:39 AM »

A MOTION
To the League of Nations

The League of Nations resolves

To PROVIDE famine relief to the Netherlands as requested through official channels;
To PROVIDE assistance with the rebuild of the flood barriers and dykes in the Netherlands
To PROVIDE other means of humanitarian assistance to the Netherlands

Mikhail Tukhachevsky

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 06:31:03 AM »

AYE on the Canadian motion
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 09:09:09 AM »

It says "including but not limited to" and in that case i like the USSR to be added as well, otherwise i'll change my vote.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 04:10:06 PM »

The USSR hereby decides to leave the League of Nations, citing that it'll be creating the framework of an independent global council.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 04:36:48 PM »

Motion of the League of the Nation

To organize an international army going to be sent to help Romania and Poland repeal the invaders on their territory.

you literally invaded Lithuania.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 04:37:35 PM »

The USSR rejoins and vetoes.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 04:37:59 PM »

The USSR introduces a motion

To disband the League of Nations
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 04:41:43 PM »

You can’t rejoin without a two-thirds vote in favor of letting you do so

Let's say the process of leaving wasn't finished in 20 minutes. Brexit took years.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2023, 04:44:10 PM »

Let’s say it was finished in 20 minutes b/c we use game time, not RL time
Let's say the process of leaving wasn't finished in 20 minutes. Brexit took years.

Brexit took years and the turns are seasonal.

Also, while rejoining, i'll veto every act that comes to the floor from now on.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2023, 04:47:27 PM »

The League of Nations right now has proven itself to be merely a propaganda channel for fascism, with zero care for actual inhabitants of those nations. The League of Nations is a joke. We demand for this fascist international to immediately cease to exist, and all non-fascist nations to leave.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2023, 04:15:45 AM »

To organize an international army going to be sent to help Romania and Poland repeal the invaders on their territory.

The Soviet Union unilaterally invaded the Kingdom of Rumania without a casus belli. You also demanded we cede large swathes of territory and demand a change in government for a rump state puppet that remained.

The Romanian King has literally failed to condemn the German attack on Buzau. An attack that caused more deaths than all of our war effort combined. I also refused to resort to gas attacks and similar ways of warfare, because unlike some others we adhere to the convention of warfare.

It has become increasingly care King Carol I is unfit to lead his country in this war effort and that Romanians are not correctly represented. King Carol I has ordered the execution of Romanian partisans, which is whose interests we've decided to represent. We will be looking forward to install a more people-focused regime and not an authoritarian German puppet.

The Romanians allowed for more deaths with rejecting our compromise. The war goal of USSR will be regime change. A different way of peace is sadly not possible, the Romanian king has increasingly made that clear.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2023, 05:22:12 AM »

The Soviet Union unilaterally invaded the Kingdom of Rumania without a casus belli. You also demanded we cede large swathes of territory and demand a change in government for a rump state puppet that remained.

The Romanian King has literally failed to condemn the German attack on Buzau. An attack that caused more deaths than all of our war effort combined. I also refused to resort to gas attacks and similar ways of warfare, because unlike some others we adhere to the convention of warfare.

It has become increasingly care King Carol I is unfit to lead his country in this war effort and that Romanians are not correctly represented. King Carol I has ordered the execution of Romanian partisans, which is whose interests we've decided to represent. We will be looking forward to install a more people-focused regime and not an authoritarian German puppet.

The Romanians allowed for more deaths with rejecting our compromise. The war goal of USSR will be regime change. A different way of peace is sadly not possible, the Romanian king has increasingly made that clear.

Once again the Soviets are clearing showing a lack of knowledge of  the facts. They have just demonstrated yet again that they don't even know who or what they are talking about. We would like to ask the unofficial soviet delegation to explain how the father of his Majesty, the late King Carol I of Rumania is relevant to the current war that their Red Rat Napoleon has set upon Europe and Asia. No mass execution of communists has ever happend prior to the unjustified attack on the Kingdom of Rumania. Any reprisals against communist by the COMMON PEOPLE of Rumania against communist hordes threatening civilization is entirely understandable considering the unprovoked invasion by this evil warmongering communist power. Why is a the unofficial soviet delegation even present here when the quite clearly unilaterally pulled out of the League? The ego, lies and deception of the Soviets seemingly knows no bounds.

The Soviets now even admit they wish regime change of a non aggressor nation. This has been their ambition since the first day of their illegal invasion. Your nation has no moral authority or leg to stand on. The Soviet union is runs by snakes and rats of the most vile order. The are clearly the greatest impediment to world peace. They are the enemies of truth, justice, and of God himself.

Incorrect, my intelligence services tell me you ordered execution of many communists in Romania, and my job is to protect those partisans. You will not be unpunished for doing harm to them.

Matters escalated significantly when, after a chaotic evening in Bucharest, PCR General Secretary Boris Stefanov was shot dead in his office, an attack repeated across the city as a number of prominent Romanian communists were murdered. Soon after an ultimatum was delivered to the Romanian government by Moscow, denouncing the prosecution of the Communist Party at the hands of the monarchic regime.

As part of the anti-comintern pact your nation is a threat to the stability and the safety of the Sovjets. I cannot allow a neighbour to have these views.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2023, 08:02:09 AM »

What is this Brexit of which you speak? Is it a breakfast ceral?

No it's a ceral you eat when breakfast is over (hence breakfast + exit = brexit, exit of breakfast)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2023, 10:47:04 PM »

Aye
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2023, 08:22:37 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2023, 08:42:12 AM by Laki 🇧🇪❤️🇺🇦 »

Le République Française, proposes that Mikhail Tukhachevsky be condemned as a tyrant and war criminal.

Sorry but from a roleplaying perspective, this makes no sense.

If you were still Romania yes, but you are playing France. I was buddies with France for most of the time.

This just feels like a sour grapes kind of thing, esp. given you bump a thread 2 months after the game was put on hold.

____

Secondly, i never authorized use of gas. The only people who have gassed Romanians were Germans, something you've repeatedly ignored & ignored.

Also i want to politely remind you that in the game at this stage, Japan and France share a border, so if i were you i would not try to upset myself.

___

I'm sure that a nation like France and its people - recovering from a devastating war with Germany - in which they had to give up their colonies, and were thousands, perhaps millions of people were gassed by the Germans, in which Tukhachevsky came to their aid to start a two front war, would really care about declaring Tukhachevsky a war criminal. Next thing you would do is send a bucket of flowers and a thank you card to the Germans. And that's definitely going to make you popular within your own country - a country with a tradition of revolutions and protests - already being unstable because of their devastating and humiliating loss.

The last thing they would do is - be the first to declare Tukha a war criminal (before nations that were actually attacked or at least at war with him).
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2023, 09:05:09 AM »

Le République Française, proposes that Mikhail Tukhachevsky be condemned as a tyrant and war criminal.
Sorry but from a roleplaying perspective, this makes no sense.

If you were still Romania yes, but you are playing France. I was buddies with France for most of the time.

This just feels like a sour grapes kind of thing, esp. given you bump a thread 2 months after the game was put on hold.

[OOC] I don't see anything wrong with this from an RP perspective. You got on well with the previous government which has been swept away. The current French government is full of anti-communists. Plus the treaty that secured peace with Germany said neither side were at fault.

I posted the motion to see if people are still watching this thread and, yes, I admit there is a little bit of trolling here too. But hey Mikhail Tukhachevsky is not you, he's your former character. I'm sorry to upset you.[/OOC]

Okay.
I wasn't sure why you posted this but it's fine for me. We're good, don't worry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies