The Raging Storm - Technological Development
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:21:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Raging Storm - Technological Development
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Raging Storm - Technological Development  (Read 354 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2023, 11:26:59 PM »

Yes, I'm well aware that's what you all want to see

Technological Development

CONTEXT: It is no surprise that the RL 1933-1945 period saw immense advances in technology - particularly military technology -, ranging from advances that improved the living standards of mankind to the stuff of outright nightmares. Thus far, some of you have been able to gain an edge out of sheer creativity or ruthlessness, and it is time to formalize these technological races by instituting a new system.

Moving forward, advances in a series of specific technologies (for example: discovering/developing chlorine gas) will be simulated through a codename, which you can obtain through development, espionage, or by negotiating with another player. Those who are handed over by me as GM will be delivered by Discord or PM. One you input the codename by sending it back to me, you unlock the technology and, by the next turn after input, mass production.

If the codename is mistaken (you got bad intelligence, scientists got it wrong, etc.), you will be penalized in terms of research. The more fields you try to encompass, the higher chances of scientific discoveries being flawed, which encourages specialization. Players that have already developed specific technologies will be sent the associated codenames.

I don't want to give away too many details, including how many technologies there are. I will say that some require taking it step by step, and others are independent of each other.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies