Trump's single biggest mistake in the 2020 campaign

(1/5) > >>

Sir Mohamed:
What do you consider Trump's single biggest mistake during the 2020 campaign? I didn't include "refuse to concede" because that was after the election (although he did stoke doubt in the system before, so I included that).

Other than SCOTUS and Pence, all of them heavily contributed to his loss, imho, though it's his disastrous handling of Covid, imho. That said, I still don't think his reelection would have been assured without the pandemic.

I'll create another poll about Biden's campaign, too.

Podgy the Bear:
Handling of the COVID pandemic. 

Going into 2020, he was in a reasonable position to win re-election.  The Democratic primary season was looking to be a mess.

And when COVID hit, he had the opportunity to acknowledge the crisis that it was/remains, and he could have created the "rally around the flag" effect.  But he didn't do that, and the perception of his handling of COVID (along with the coalescing of the Democrats behind Biden) put Trump in a deficit position that lasted throughout the election campaign.

Mr.Phips:
Laughing off COVID. 

dw93:
Quote from: Georgia Democrat in 2022 on July 16, 2022, 10:36:41 AM

Handling of the COVID pandemic. 

Going into 2020, he was in a reasonable position to win re-election.  The Democratic primary season was looking to be a mess.

And when COVID hit, he had the opportunity to acknowledge the crisis that it was/remains, and he could have created the "rally around the flag" effect.  But he didn't do that, and the perception of his handling of COVID (along with the coalescing of the Democrats behind Biden) put Trump in a deficit position that lasted throughout the election campaign.

This. Not running a delusional, train wreck of a campaign as a whole might've also made the difference given how close it was.

BG-NY:
Top 3 biggest mistakes:

(1) Not forcing McConnell to pass a second stimulus prior to EDay.
(2) Triaging Michigan early and coming back late.
(3) Having the ACB ceremony -- catching Covid and not being able to sweep 3/3 debates killed him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page