Friday, September 2nd

Illinois @ Indiana 8 PM EDT FS1

TCU @ Colorado 10 PM EDT ESPN

Saturday, September 3rd

Rutgers @ Boston College Noon EDT ACCN

North Carolina @ Appalachian State Noon EDT ESPNU

NC State @ East Carolina Noon EDT ESPN

#23 Cincinnati @ #19 Arkansas 3:30 PM EDT ESPN

#11 Oregon vs #3 Georgia at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA 3:30 PM EDT ABC

Arizona @ San Diego State 3:30 PM EDT CBS

Tulsa @ Wyoming 3:30 PM EDT FS1

#24 Houston @ UTSA 3:30 PM EDT CBSSN

Texas State @ Nevada 5:30 PM EDT

#7 Utah @ Florida 7 PM EDT ESPN

Army @ Coastal Carolina 7 PM EDT ESPN+

Liberty @ Southern Miss 7 PM EDT ESPN+

Memphis @ Mississippi State 7:30 PM EDT ESPNU

#5 Notre Dame @ #2 Ohio State 7:30 PM EDT ABC

SMU @ North Texas 7:30 PM EDT

Louisville @ Syracuse 8 PM EDT ACCN

Boise State @ Oregon State 10:30 PM EDT ESPN

Sunday, September 4th

Florida State @ LSU 7:30 PM EDT ABC

GeorgiaModerate:
Pick'em game rules

The game will run weekly through the college football season, including the bowl games and playoff.  Terry will post each week's slate of games in this thread.  There will usually be 25 games (schedule permitting) and may include some FCS games.

Make your picks by replying in this thread one or more times; don’t send them by PM to either him or me.  You can either copy the list of games and bold your predicted winners, or just post your list of winners. 

If bolding your winners, games with zero or both teams bolded will not be counted.  If listing your winners, slight errors in team names will be counted if the intent is unambiguous.  For example, in a Georgia Tech vs Florida State game, writing “Florida” would be counted as a pick of Florida State, but “Georgia State” would not be counted.  I (or anyone) may point out such errors so you have a chance to correct them, but this is not guaranteed to happen – ultimately, you’re responsible for getting your picks posted correctly.

Your pick for a game must be posted before the official start time for that game.  This is a hard cutoff.  You can change any of your picks by making a subsequent post, as long as it's before the game start time.  Please post a new reply for any changes; just editing your original post is easy for me to miss and could also raise timestamp questions. 

You don’t have to post your whole list at once.  For example, in a week with Friday and Saturday games, you could optionally post only the Friday game picks by Friday, and then follow up with the Saturday games on Saturday morning.  Or if you forget and miss the Friday games, you can still post picks for Saturday's games.

If a game is canceled or postponed for weather or some other reason: if it's just delayed within its originally scheduled week, it remains on the list for that week.  If it's pushed to a later week or delayed indefinitely, it becomes a "no contest" for the original week.  If it's rescheduled and comes up again on a later week's pick'em list, that's considered a new game and you'll need to pick it again; the original pick will not carry over.

Each correct pick is worth one point.  After all of the week’s games are complete (usually on Sunday morning) I’ll post the results for that week and the year-to-date standings.

Dereich:
Week 1

Saturday, August 27th

Nebraska vs Northwestern at Avira Stadium in Dublin, Ireland 12:30 PM EDT FOX

North Texas @ UTEP 9 PM EDT

Vanderbilt @ Hawai'i 10:30 PM EDT CBSSN

Thursday, September 1st

West Virginia @ Pittsburgh 7 PM EDT ESPN

Penn State @ Purdue 8 PM EDT FOX

Friday, September 2nd

Illinois @ Indiana 8 PM EDT FS1

Saturday, September 3rd

Cincinnati @ Arkansas 3:30 PM EDT ESPN Calling it, this is the best game of the week

Oregon vs Georgia at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA 3:30 PM EDT ABC

Houston @ UTSA 3:30 PM EDT CBSSN

Utah @ Florida 7 PM EDT ESPN

Army @ Coastal Carolina 7 PM EDT ESPN+

Liberty @ Southern Miss 7 PM EDT ESPN+

Memphis @ Mississippi State 7:30 PM EDT ESPNU

Notre Dame @ Ohio State 7:30 PM EDT ABC Fun fact: Ohio State and Alabama are both favored by double digits in every game they play this year. What a fair sport.

SMU @ North Texas 7:30 PM EDT

Louisville @ Syracuse 8 PM EDT ACCN

Boise State @ Oregon State 10:30 PM EDT ESPN

Sunday, September 4th

Florida State @ LSU 7:30 PM EDT ABC  Starting the year with copious amounts of hopium

NewYorkExpress:
Saturday, August 27

Nebraska (Nebraska probably needs to make a bowl game at a minimum for Scott Frost to keep his job)

UTEP

Vanderbilt (Vanderbilt might be the worst team in the SEC, but I think they are better than Hawaii)

Thursday, September 1

Pittsburgh (I don't think Pittsburgh will be a contender in the ACC again, but they should win this one)

Penn State (Purdue usually isn't very good in football)

Friday, September 2

Illinois (Two really bad Big Ten teams go at it. Also my first upset pick of the week, largely because I owe the number of Illini homers on the board favors.)

TCU (Colorado's also been really bad at football for a while)

Saturday, September 3

Boston College (Another pair of mediocrities going at it)

Appalachian State (I'm mildly surprised the line is as close as it is, but I think North Carolina is overrated, even more so than they were last year)

NC State

Cincinnati (This will be a harder test for the Bearcats than last year's game against Notre Dame, but Cincinnati is well equipped to defeat a talented SEC side, especially since Arkansas is not one of the top sides in the SEC. This is my second upset pick of the week)

Georgia (I want to pick Oregon, I really do, but Georgia is just too good.)

San Diego State

Houston

Nevada

Florida (I think Florida's rebuild is going to be further along than people realize, and beating a top PAC-12 side on opening day seems like it's not a stretch)

Coastal Carolina

Liberty

Mississippi State

Notre Dame (I think the Buckeyes can afford an opening week loss to Notre Dame and still make the Playoff, especially if they win the Big Ten. This is my third Upset Pick)

SMU

Louisville

Boise State (Oregon State football is horrible these days)

Sunday, September 4

LSU (I'm not sure why the line is so close. LSU should crush Florida State in my opinion.)

Illiniwek:

Week 1

Saturday, August 27th

Nebraska vs Northwestern at Avira Stadium in Dublin, Ireland 12:30 PM EDT FOX

North Texas @ UTEP 9 PM EDT

Vanderbilt @ Hawai'i 10:30 PM EDT CBSSN

Thursday, September 1st

West Virginia @ Pittsburgh 7 PM EDT ESPN

Penn State @ Purdue 8 PM EDT FOX

Friday, September 2nd

Illinois @ Indiana 8 PM EDT FS1 (Indiana will probably be favored in this game, but I will bank on the fact that Illinois should already have gotten a win under its belt in Week 0, and that Illinois was trending up at the end of last season while Indiana was trending down.)

Saturday, September 3rd

Cincinnati @ Arkansas 3:30 PM EDT ESPN

Oregon vs Georgia at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA 3:30 PM EDT ABC

Houston @ UTSA 3:30 PM EDT CBSSN

Utah @ Florida 7 PM EDT ESPN