2022 Fantasy Football Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:38:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2022 Fantasy Football Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2022 Fantasy Football Discussion  (Read 1819 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2022, 09:59:46 AM »

Hey guys, I think a good amount of people are into fantasy football here, so I'd like to discuss who you'd like to take, based on your drafts. I'm in a 10-man league with some of my buddies. One of my major questions is who do you think Tight End no. 1 is in the 2022 season, my pick is Mark Andrews with Baltimore.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 11:02:25 AM »

We actually have a fantasy football league, if I'm not mistaken, with Illiniwek as our commissioner.

I admit I'd probably be looking to draft a Quarterback with my first pick, though which Quarterback depends on where in the draft I am.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 12:57:07 PM »

We actually have a fantasy football league, if I'm not mistaken, with Illiniwek as our commissioner.

I admit I'd probably be looking to draft a Quarterback with my first pick, though which Quarterback depends on where in the draft I am.

Picking a QB in the 1st round is super dumb
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 01:14:45 PM »

And yet all the good ones are gone by the time I usually get around to picking one, and every time I pick say...a running back in the first round, they end up falling apart on me.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 10:18:48 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2022, 10:22:54 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I am definitely to locking Mahomes. In my Draft

Pat Mahomes is still the top QB in First Round, I have a gut feeling Stafford is gonna go down this year

That's why Brady came back he feels he can win another Superbowl but it will be the Chiefs this yr if anyone

AFC is better than NFC
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 08:25:49 PM »

We do in fact have a league , that you are more than welcome to join. I’ll try to work on figuring out who is returning for another season really soon. In fact if you plan to play this year just leave a reply indicating your interest.

As for TE, I’m partial to Travis Kelce. I have had him in my “league of record” for the past six seasons, and I’ve won two championships doing so. I think he’s got one or two more seasons left in the tank, so I’m going to continue with him as my TE1. He and Andrews have a similar issue this year, as they are each far and away the number one target on their respective offenses. I expect defenses to try to double team and lock them down, but their talent says they should still produce. I trust Mahomes a bit more though than Jackson, so that’s why I have Kelce ranked ahead. But I also have Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews stacked in my dynasty league, so I have faith in them too. I think Andrews would be a fine pick if you are in the back half of the second round. Any earlier than that and I think you might be taking a bit of a risk.

As for picking QBs early, I highly stress not to do it (unless you are in a 2QB or super flex league). The point is that the difference between QB1 and QB10 is nowhere near as big of a drop off as the drop off from the top tier of RBs. Look at it this way, if you draft Mahomes in the first round, then Aaron Jones as you RB1 and Breece Hall as your RB2, on an average week you’ll be looking at them giving you 25 pts + 16 pts + 13 pts = 54 pts. But if you draft Austin Ekeler as your RB1, James Connor as your RB2, and get Tom Brady in like the 9th round, you will have an average week of 22 pts + 16 pts + 20 pts = 58 pts. That doesn’t mean you should never draft a QB early. But there will be fantastic, if not flashy, bargain options for you if you wait for the right QB and stack up the talent at the other more valuable positions. Even if your gut tells you otherwise, the evidence always shows waiting is likely to be best.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 09:47:09 PM »

We do in fact have a league , that you are more than welcome to join. I’ll try to work on figuring out who is returning for another season really soon. In fact if you plan to play this year just leave a reply indicating your interest.

I probably won't make a decision on whether I'm returning until the beginning of August.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2022, 03:45:22 AM »

I am on board with returning.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2022, 04:19:00 AM »

I might have a crack this year, although I know very little about the form of NFL teams.

It helps if you watch a lot of a sport.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2022, 07:52:55 AM »

I won my Fantasy Football league on Chiefs and Cooper Kupp player, I think Rams are gonna underperform this yr, Kupp isn't gonna have the same yr as last yr, but as far as Regular season not playoffs Chiefs are the best team to Draft including their FG kicker

You always draft more AFC teams than NFC same with NBA WC more than EC and MLB AL over NL I haven't played Fantasy Baseball but I would draft Houston ASTROS
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2022, 10:23:41 PM »

Bumping this, I'm on board to return. Was just on ESPN earlier and saw a draft hadn't been scheduled, would probably be a good idea to do that soon.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2022, 10:24:46 PM »

Bumping this, I'm on board to return. Was just on ESPN earlier and saw a draft hadn't been scheduled, would probably be a good idea to do that soon.

Leaning towards returning. Will make a final decision after the draft is scheduled.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2022, 09:01:59 AM »

When would we like to schedule the draft? Week before Week 1? Weekend or weeknight?
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2022, 12:35:45 PM »

I have a new ESPN account (JGibsonAFC), and I'll need an invite to that account. As a result of that change, I cannot access the Atlasian Baseball League anymore.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2022, 01:03:11 PM »

I have a new ESPN account (JGibsonAFC), and I'll need an invite to that account. As a result of that change, I cannot access the Atlasian Baseball League anymore.

I will keep that in mind for next year.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 02:48:25 PM »

I will keep that in mind for next year.

You should be able to send an email invite to JGibson as a "second owner" of the team. I have done this in the past as a football commissioner.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2022, 02:55:33 PM »

Is the email address the same?
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2022, 03:07:09 PM »

I am able to get in to the baseball game.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2022, 03:16:26 PM »

I am able to get in to the baseball game.

Good, thanks for making sure.

I'm probably going to clean the league out of our non-participants and invite a bunch of new people next season.

sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2022, 03:46:59 PM »

If anyone needs another person for a snake draft league my ESPN is 25Donut. Keep an eye out for Cam Akers this season. We know McVay likes to have one guy as his bellcow.

As for TE, I’m partial to Travis Kelce. I have had him in my “league of record” for the past six seasons, and I’ve won two championships doing so. I think he’s got one or two more seasons left in the tank, so I’m going to continue with him as my TE1. He and Andrews have a similar issue this year, as they are each far and away the number one target on their respective offenses. I expect defenses to try to double team and lock them down, but their talent says they should still produce. I trust Mahomes a bit more though than Jackson, so that’s why I have Kelce ranked ahead. But I also have Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews stacked in my dynasty league, so I have faith in them too. I think Andrews would be a fine pick if you are in the back half of the second round. Any earlier than that and I think you might be taking a bit of a risk.

As for picking QBs early, I highly stress not to do it (unless you are in a 2QB or super flex league). The point is that the difference between QB1 and QB10 is nowhere near as big of a drop off as the drop off from the top tier of RBs. Look at it this way, if you draft Mahomes in the first round, then Aaron Jones as you RB1 and Breece Hall as your RB2, on an average week you’ll be looking at them giving you 25 pts + 16 pts + 13 pts = 54 pts. But if you draft Austin Ekeler as your RB1, James Connor as your RB2, and get Tom Brady in like the 9th round, you will have an average week of 22 pts + 16 pts + 20 pts = 58 pts. That doesn’t mean you should never draft a QB early. But there will be fantastic, if not flashy, bargain options for you if you wait for the right QB and stack up the talent at the other more valuable positions. Even if your gut tells you otherwise, the evidence always shows waiting is likely to be best.

1. You still need heads?
2. Tbh I’d rather go 2 TEs and roll based on matchup for standard or half-PPR. Basically w/a TE you’re looking for redzone threat unless you get one of the big named.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2022, 05:40:50 PM »

If anyone needs another person for a snake draft league my ESPN is 25Donut. Keep an eye out for Cam Akers this season. We know McVay likes to have one guy as his bellcow.

1. You still need heads?
2. Tbh I’d rather go 2 TEs and roll based on matchup for standard or half-PPR. Basically w/a TE you’re looking for redzone threat unless you get one of the big named.

I have no doubt we have a spot for you. PM me your email address, I don’t think I can add teams by espn username.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2022, 05:42:33 PM »

1. You still need heads?

I have no doubt we have a spot for you. PM me your email address, I don’t think I can add teams by espn username.

If you need to drop a team to add new players, I'm willing to drop out.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2022, 05:43:18 PM »

I’m going to arbitrarily set the draft date for 9/1 9:00 PM EST.  If there is an outcry for a different date please speak up.

Once again please let me know if you do plan to take part or I’d you are bowing out.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2022, 05:44:40 PM »

I’m going to arbitrarily set the draft date for 9/1 9:00 PM EST.  If there is an outcry for a different date please speak up.

Once again please let me know if you do plan to take part or I’d you are bowing out.

I'd like to take part, but I'm willing to withdraw in favor of new players if needed.

Let me know if you can't add anyone else.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2022, 05:50:29 PM »

I see we're trying a new format for the draft?

I can't say I'm a fan.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies