Ainsely Earhardt: You can't pick and choose which riots are bad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:39:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ainsely Earhardt: You can't pick and choose which riots are bad
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Ainsely Earhardt: You can't pick and choose which riots are bad  (Read 1701 times)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2022, 11:13:28 AM »

Congress only cares about those victims of riots least deserving of sympathy: themselves.

Aside from the obvious ideological motivations this is another factor for the difference in reaction despite the summer 2020 riots having a considerably higher degree of violence. The 2020 violence wasn't happening in parts of towns where members of Congress live so it didn't directly impact them.

And of course just because it can't be said enough; the majority of people harmed or worse during the 2020 BLM protests were protestors attacked by police or by violent alt-right counter-protestors.
Is this counting or not counting the many victims, direct or indirect, of property damage?

Can't say I give a rats ass about property damage, typically covered by insurance companies any way, compared to human life. Obviously I don't condone it as a form of regular peaceful-protesting.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2022, 11:35:49 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2022, 11:44:33 AM by Southern Delegate and Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

Congress only cares about those victims of riots least deserving of sympathy: themselves.

Aside from the obvious ideological motivations this is another factor for the difference in reaction despite the summer 2020 riots having a considerably higher degree of violence. The 2020 violence wasn't happening in parts of towns where members of Congress live so it didn't directly impact them.

And of course just because it can't be said enough; the majority of people harmed or worse during the 2020 BLM protests were protestors attacked by police or by violent alt-right counter-protestors.
Is this counting or not counting the many victims, direct or indirect, of property damage?

Can't say I give a rats ass about property damage, typically covered by insurance companies any way, compared to human life. Obviously I don't condone it as a form of regular peaceful-protesting.
While that's not a verboten position in any way and I respect that, it's just important to note that people can be harmed due to property damage.
(That is all)
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2022, 11:37:48 AM »

Look, I'm sure Ms. Earhardt is very blonde, but why should we care what she has to say?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2022, 12:34:46 PM »

I want the Jan. 6 rioters prosecuted too but I refuse to accept the Dem propaganda that it was worse than 2020.

Treason is worse than breaking a few store windows.

While I agree that January 6th was far worse than anything that happened in the Summer of 2020, saying the summer 2020 riots was nothing more than "breaking a few store windows" makes it possible for these right wing reactionary goons to whitewash and brush off the attack on the institutions of our country that took place on 1/6.

Since our right-wing posters want to keep bringing up violence in the summer of 2020, somethings to remember about it that they prefer to leave out:

Man who helped ignite George Floyd riots identified as white supremacist: Police

Leaked Documents Show Police Knew Far-Right Extremists Were the Real Threat at Protests, Not “Antifa”

Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

Protests & Provocateurs: Infiltrators are Disrupting BLM Protests
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies