MI-GOV (Detroit News/WIDV-TV): Whitmer +9 to +15
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:42:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI-GOV (Detroit News/WIDV-TV): Whitmer +9 to +15
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-GOV (Detroit News/WIDV-TV): Whitmer +9 to +15  (Read 1030 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 13, 2022, 08:14:07 AM »
« edited: July 13, 2022, 08:21:17 AM by wbrocks67 »

Whitmer (D) 50%
Kelley (R) 41%

Whitmer (D) 51%
Dixon (R) 40%

Whitmer (D) 52%
Rinke (R) 40%

Whitmer (D) 52%
Soldano (R) 38%

Whitmer (D) 52%
Rebandt (R) 37%

Whitmer approval: 55/40
Biden approval: 38/57

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2022/07/13/whitmers-leads-over-michigan-gop-rivals-raising-doubts-red-wave-poll-finds/10035203002/
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 08:17:02 AM »

Also of note, this same pollster only had her approval at +2 (48-46) back in September 2021.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 08:18:33 AM »

Why didn't they poll her against Kelley? FiveThirtyEight thinks Kelley will be her opponent.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 08:20:11 AM »

What's important here is that Whitmer is stable at her share of the vote against all potential opponents - a good sign for her though she's still teetering in the danger zone of the margin of error.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 08:21:37 AM »

Why didn't they poll her against Kelley? FiveThirtyEight thinks Kelley will be her opponent.

sorry my bad - they did. it got messed up when i copied and pasted.

it's back now, she leads him by 9
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 08:22:30 AM »

Why attacks on Biden and trying to link the two (in this race and others) also may fail:

Among independent voters, 32% approved of Biden's job performance, but 61% approved of Whitmer's.

People are not necessarily associating how they feel about Biden with state level Democrats.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 08:53:00 AM »

Maybe Whitmer is going to be OK or maybe Michigan is snapping back the way Florida and potentially Nevada are. It would be crazy if we are back to the 2004 map by the end of the decade with maybe the exceptions of Iowa, Virginia, Florida, Georgia, and Colorado.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 08:54:12 AM »

This is yet another reason why Biden should step down. If he doesn’t, I could see a scenario where states could split ticket POTUS/senate race/house races to put a check on trump or DeSantis should either of them win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 08:59:18 AM »

Great news, Biden at 33% and D's are winning key races
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 09:03:10 AM »

This is yet another reason why Biden should step down. If he doesn’t, I could see a scenario where states could split ticket POTUS/senate race/house races to put a check on trump or DeSantis should either of them win.

It would be an interesting scenario to see if Republicans only net 1 or 2 governors' seats if any at all even if they gain to 2 or 3 senate seats and 25-30 house seats only for them to gain maybe one senate seat and lose 10-15 House seats in 2024, even if TrumpSantis wins the NPV and 30+ states.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 11:50:04 AM »

Possible the GOP blew a race that might have been winnable? And the 54.8% Fivethirtyeight projects aren't that much off? I think it will be closer than that, Whitmer is still undeniably favored.

These Biden approvals are horrible, even in states with other Dems being way above water. It doesn't mean all too much for 2024; Trump was deeply underwater here, too, and still came damn close. Still worrisome though.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 12:08:31 PM »

Whitmer is in better shape than she would’ve been had Craig made the ballot, but I definitely don’t buy her being up by this much.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 12:30:15 PM »

I am looking to the takes about Michigan being more dem than Virginia due to the gubernatorial elections.

I also expect people to unironically believe that VA will vote to the right of Michigan in 2024.

I also expect people will believe Macomb County will vote dem and Loudoun will vote gop in 2024.

Only for Michigan to be a struggle on election night 2024 for the Democrats and Virginia to vote Dem by a clear but narrow margin.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2022, 12:32:39 PM »

I am looking to the takes about Michigan being more dem than Virginia due to the gubernatorial elections.

I also expect people to unironically believe that VA will vote to the right of Michigan in 2024.

I also expect people will believe Macomb County will vote dem and Loudoun will vote gop in 2024.

Only for Michigan to be a struggle on election night 2024 for the Democrats and Virginia to vote Dem by a clear but narrow margin.

Kaine is on the ballot in 24 the Rs aren't winning PA with Casey or VA with Kaine in 24 forget it
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2022, 01:16:21 PM »

Wow, this looks rocksolid. Not sure Whitmer will be by double digits, but I'd change my rating: Lean Democratic -> Likely Democratic.

And for god's sake, Biden needs to get his act together when it comes to showing more leadership and sell his agenda. C'mon, man.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2022, 01:29:29 PM »

Wow, this looks rocksolid. Not sure Whitmer will be by double digits, but I'd change my rating: Lean Democratic -> Likely Democratic.

And for god's sake, Biden needs to get his act together when it comes to showing more leadership and sell his agenda. C'mon, man.

It's not about blue states he has a 5o percent approval it's about red states where the Ukraine war is having an effect most red States except for HI and DC and VA have the army navy there including TX, NC and OH has the Marines in OH st University Biden has a 33 percent Approval in NC and TX but Beasley, Demings and Beto are only down 3/5 pts
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 01:33:23 PM »

I hope GOP voters in that state won't choose someone who's in prison. That would make an otherwise Lean D contest nearly safe D.
kwabbit

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2022, 01:52:37 PM »

Whitmer is in better shape than she would’ve been had Craig made the ballot, but I definitely don’t buy her being up by this much.

Kelley or Dixon's position will improve as the election draws closer, but right now I can see them being down by 10. They aren't great candidates, given that they were on track to get like 6% before Craig was disqualified. They're going to have some stink as accidental nominees for a while.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2022, 02:26:46 PM »

Polling is so inaccurate now in order to determine who is favored (if it's against the national environment) is that the Dem is A) over 50% and B) up by at least 6-8%. Whitmer is hitting all these marks.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2022, 03:12:44 PM »

Whitmer has a higher % chance of winning than Kotek imo
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2022, 03:20:08 PM »

If the election was held today, yeah, that makes sense.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2022, 04:29:54 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2022, 04:39:31 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Tina Kotek is gonna win OR, CO , WA  have all VBM and Kotek with Ron Wyden on the ballot will win but the reason why Kotek is slightly behind is due to Kate Brown, BEWARE RS OF PROVISION BALLOTS LIKE LAST TIME THEY ARE UNDER 30 YRS IN BETWEEN RESIDENCE GOING FROM COLLEGE AND HOME I WAS AN EDAY JUDGE BEFORE OBVIOUSLY THE PANDEMIC 300K statewide and there will be Provisional ballots in OR for sure

Anyways it's a 303 map solidify the S, the red states can be won by D's and we will be score board watching anyways that's why I have them D, as wave insurance for the H

My map don't have to be accurate anyways our votes and donations solidify the accuracy
 D users that have R nut maps thinks their prediction has to accurate
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2022, 05:13:50 PM »

This is what I've been saying for the past few months! This race is still a tossup, but there's no factor other than partisan lean that would suggest this race is any more favorable republicans than the one in Oregon.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2022, 05:38:54 PM »

Will be quite something if the GOP nominating absolute clowns as candidates costs them both extremely winnable gubernatorial races and possibly the Senate.

Also quite something how there continues to be a huge disconnect between Biden’s abysmal approvals and the numbers for other Democrats in poll after poll. I don’t recall it being the same with Trump and the GOP in 2018.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2022, 07:09:27 PM »

Will be quite something if the GOP nominating absolute clowns as candidates costs them both extremely winnable gubernatorial races and possibly the Senate.

Also quite something how there continues to be a huge disconnect between Biden’s abysmal approvals and the numbers for other Democrats in poll after poll. I don’t recall it being the same with Trump and the GOP in 2018.

We've been discussing this at length - it's just two different elections. Trumps approval in 2018 (45% per exits) was essentially a proxy for R support that year, so yes, last midterm it was interchangeable. But that was mostly because his base stuck with him, so the layout of approval was pretty close to identical for R support that year.

Meanwhile, this year, you have way more Ds or D-leaning folks who will say they disapprove of Biden (way more than Rs did for Trump) who will still vote D down the ballot. It's why Biden's approvals are so low and Trumps werent at this point - Trumps base stuck with him throughout almost everything. Bidens base meanwhile is way more okay with saying what they don't like. (but what they don't like even worse is Rs who they are still not voting for)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies