Major Party Nominees who voted for Opposite party in later election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:14:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Major Party Nominees who voted for Opposite party in later election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Major Party Nominees who voted for Opposite party in later election  (Read 2941 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 10, 2022, 08:49:13 PM »

Besides Trump himself, Bob Dole is the only nominee of either party to vote for Trump.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 09:16:20 PM »

Besides Trump himself, Bob Dole is the only nominee of either party to vote for Trump.

Is this actually confirmed anywhere? It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, but I didn't think all of their votes were public knowledge.
HW Bush - Clinton
Dole - Trump
Bush 43 - left his ballot blank in 2016 and wrote in Condi Rice in 2020
McCain - wrote in Lindsey Graham
Romney - lead the Never Trump movement
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 09:35:27 PM »

I think other people have named all the big presidential candidates, though I wonder if John Adams, Charles Pinckney, and Rufus King voted Democratic-Republican at some point (they all lived through the collapse of the Federalist Party in the late 1810s and 1820s). Also, DeWitt Clinton was the de facto Federalist nominee in 1812, but he doesn't count as he never really left his own party.
Adams and Quincy Adams left the Federalist Party in 1807, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they voted for Madison in 1808 and 1812.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies