Major Party Nominees who voted for Opposite party in later election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:59:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Major Party Nominees who voted for Opposite party in later election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Major Party Nominees who voted for Opposite party in later election  (Read 2943 times)
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« on: July 17, 2022, 09:52:18 AM »

George McGovern voted for Gerald Ford in 1976 (this one still makes no sense to me)

because jimmy peanuts was a scary fundie

This isn't a Presidential nominee, of course, but I feel obliged to say something here about Insane New South Swamp Creature William Donald Schaefer being too much so to even endorse Bubba in '92–claiming to have a strong rapport with HW–and thereafter his performative feuding with his successor as governor, Parris "Ayatollah" Glendening (very unfairly maligned in his time even if his legacy is still rather mixed).

I don’t think it was because Carter was a fundie but more just revenge because Carter had been part of a cadre of Dems working to thwart McGovern’s nomination in 72.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 09:53:32 AM »

Wouldn’t surprise me if Eisenhower secretly voted for LBJ in 64 or LBJ himself voted for Nixon in 72.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies