Opinion of Frantz Fanon? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:24:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Opinion of Frantz Fanon? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Opinion of Frantz Fanon?  (Read 1248 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: July 05, 2022, 05:44:08 PM »

Deinstitutionalization certainly didn't go well in the US, although that's more Ken Kesey and Jack Nicholson's fault than Fanon's.

Which is the neoliberal nihilist "f-ck everything" reading of the message of said works that could only come about as policy in the post-Nixon era of mutual radicalization and irresponsibility rather than a compassionate and reform-minded one, and I say that as someone who has suffered heavily at the hands of mental health practitioners that haven't been given their due scrutiny. My own shrink reflexively defends such practices as "fair for their time" or whatever, which certainly doesn't inspire confidence. Deinstitutionalization as a cheap political alternative to proper reform is on the tier of Delaware Day as the work of a welfare state shirking its responsibility in all the harmful ways that it shouldn't rather than de-escalating its abuses responsibly and with an eye to maintaining some semblance of social fabric.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies