6 Killed, 38+ Injured after Shooting at Highland Park, IL 7/4 Parade (UPDATE: shooter in custody)

<< < (20/21) > >>

Beet:
An AR-15 ban is not happening in the near future. Too many people have one.

IMO the strategy is not legislative bans, but to make it uncool the way smoking is... start with a tax, legal liability, then research, research, research, followed by heavy advertising campaigns. Only once it is heavily uncool (maybe decades later) do you start with adding on legal limits. And if the campaign doesn't work, too bad.

The Dowager Mod:
If his father really did co sign the paperwork to get him the weapon, he should be charged as well.

DaleCooper:
Quote from: TheDeadFlagBlues on July 06, 2022, 06:22:08 AM

Quote from: DaleCooper on July 06, 2022, 03:34:11 AM

He shouldn't have been sold those guns, but he also shouldn't have even been allowed to bumble around the streets of this country. He was clearly a deranged man, eager to kill. Why was he not thrown into an institution?

That's another common thread that runs through all these mass shootings. The killer is almost always someone who everyone around him knows is violently crazy, but nothing happens about it.

If we locked-up everyone who seemed deranged in this country, we'd have to build Stalinist gulags covering the entire span of the Dakotas to contain them. In any case, who is deranged and why should I trust you or anyone else to be the judge of that?

I don't have an answer, and I certainly don't want to subject every unwell or angry person to a nightmarish One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest experience. I'm pointing out that maybe people who have repeatedly acted like lunatics and have demonstrated an intense, sadistic desire to kill innocent people shouldn't be left to wander around aimlessly until they start killing people. I'm not saying they should go to jail, I'm just saying they need some kind of intervention.

emailking:
Highland Park suspect admitted to firing on parade crowd, and contemplated attack in Madison, Wisconsin, officials say

The man detained in Monday's massacre at a Fourth of July parade in Illinois admitted to investigators that he fired on the crowd, a prosecutor said during a court hearing Wednesday.

Robert E. Crimo III, 21, gave a voluntary statement to investigators "confessing his actions," including that he opened fire at paradegoers, assistant state's attorney Ben Dillon alleged during a bond hearing.

Also Wednesday, a police spokesman said Crimo drove to Madison, Wisconsin, on Monday following the Illinois shooting, and contemplated a shooting there.

Crimo, after driving to Madison, saw "a celebration that was occurring ... and he seriously contemplated using the firearm he had in his vehicle to commit another shooting in Madison," Lake County Major Crime Task Force spokesperson Chris Covelli told reporters after the court hearing.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/06/us/highland-park-illinois-shooting-july-fourth-parade-wednesday/index.html

Meclazine for Israel:
Such a tragedy. Looks like the community lost some good quality people.

https://www.nsci.org/jacki-sundheim

R.I.P.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page