6 Killed, 38+ Injured after Shooting at Highland Park, IL 7/4 Parade (UPDATE: shooter in custody)

<< < (3/21) > >>

Santander:
Horrifying. I occasionally go to HP to play golf or eat out. Sadly, all too predictable it would happen somewhere today.

Utah Neolib:
Truly sad. Rest In Peace to the victims of this, and I hope the ones hospitalized can recover. It’s sad this has to happen in the first place, even more so on a holiday.

Joe Republic:
Quote from: Primary the Squad on July 04, 2022, 01:07:06 PM

There have literally been two mass shootings in Scandinavia in the last two weeks.

I was wondering how long it would take before somebody tried using that as some type of counterpoint for gun control.  It's always even more disappointing whenever it comes from a red avatar.

This one shooting in Chicago has already killed more people than both of those shootings combined.  In fact, at least 10 people have been killed and 71 injured in mass shootings in the United States so far in July 2022, which we are… four days into.

Shootings in civilized countries hit the headlines with far more weight exactly because of how rare they are.

Matty:
I hate to hypothesize, but I hope this isn't an antisemitic hate crime.
Shooter is described as white and young

highland park is very jewish

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas:
Quote from: Joe Republic on July 04, 2022, 01:19:50 PM

Quote from: Primary the Squad on July 04, 2022, 01:07:06 PM

There have literally been two mass shootings in Scandinavia in the last two weeks.

I was wondering how long it would take before somebody tried using that as some type of counterpoint for gun control.  It's always even more disappointing whenever it comes from a red avatar.

This one shooting in Chicago has already killed more people than both of those shootings combined.  In fact, at least 10 people have been killed and 71 injured in mass shootings in the United States so far in July 2022, which we are… four days into.

Why did you delete the latter half of my post, where I said that gun control would improve the situation?

The simple fact is that violent extremism is spreading and finding openings in just about every country, including some of those with the strictest gun control in the world like New Zealand. Treating this solely as a gun problem or an American problem won't fix that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page