Newsom airs anti-DeSantis ads in Florida
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:45:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Newsom airs anti-DeSantis ads in Florida
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newsom airs anti-DeSantis ads in Florida  (Read 1039 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2022, 04:08:15 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/07/03/gavin-newsom-florida-ron-desantis-political-ad-ip-vpx.cnn

Early 2024 shots fired?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 04:35:57 PM »

One of those guys I could see on the ballot. Newsom might succeed Biden if he declines to run.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 04:38:36 PM »

Me thinks, some folks in Democraticworld are more worried about DeSantis than they want us to believe! Newsom is acting possibly like a stalking horse and is trying to cut DeSantis off at knees! Obviously the polling about DeSantis has some Democrats more than a tad worried. Hence the AntiDeSantis attack ads!
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 04:39:45 PM »

Me thinks, some folks in Democraticworld are more worried about DeSantis than they want us to believe! Newsom is acting possibly like a stalking horse and is trying to cut DeSantis off at knees! Obviously the polling about DeSantis has some Democrats more than a tad worried. Hence the AntiDeSantis attack ads!
Rat
Snickleton
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 12:26:33 AM »

Why are you shouting so much!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 04:20:22 AM »

I love Uncle Joe and he's my first choice for 2024, but a Newsom vs. DeSantis race would definitely be kinda refreshing. Although I liked Newsom before and supported him in 2018, I've definitely warmed up to him recent months or since he easily beat back the recall. The Gavinator would be a much better candidate than Kamala.

In case Biden doesn't run, which is unlikely but possible, I really hope Democrats look for alternatives to Harris. Risk is just too high she blows it. Newsom or Beshear would be very strong in my opinion. And maybe we can also have some movement for Kathy Hochul please? She's one of the best Democrats out there.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 05:27:43 AM »

I like the idea of Newsom running. He's a lot more combative, which is what we need.
Property Representative of the Harold Holt Swimming Centre
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 05:49:42 AM »

Newsom vs. DeSantis would be good in the sense that they are both governors of big states, which in terms of 'qualification' has to be up there. More impressive than junior senator or television host.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 07:57:54 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2022, 08:45:00 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

FL is a swing state despite what Rs think about DeSantis reelection prospects Trump only won NC, FL by 3 pts or less and there are swing H districts in OH 13, FL 2 and FL 13, FL 13 will be a big test on how the Sen and Gov race is gonna look like

Obviously, Newsom gets huge Latino and BLK support despite how he short changed people on the Golden State stimulus many Ds just like Biden overlook his flaws and Electing a DLC D like Biden, and Newsom is better than Conservative, Bill Clinton was clearly a DLC D and D's voted for Nadar and cost Gore the Election and we got a 6/3 Crt with Alito and Thomas

Dixiecrat used to be Center right D's but now it's called DLC
sg0508
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 12:54:15 PM »

I understand that he's trying to increase his nationwide appeal, but Gavin looks ridiculous in FL right now, even in the blue counties (I'm in one of them down south).  Move to CA from FL? Yes, okay lol.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 01:18:15 PM »

Shows desperation and that Newsom and the Dems are truly afraid of DeSantis.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 05:07:59 AM »

Dems are smart to worry about DeSantis--they already underestimated their opponent in both 2016 and 2020 an DeSantis is far more electable than Trump
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 07:16:24 AM »

Dems are smart to worry about DeSantis--they already underestimated their opponent in both 2016 and 2020 an DeSantis is far more electable than Trump

I would argue that instead they overestimated Trump - he gained a lot of completely undeserved credibility because neither Clinton nor Biden was willing or able to effectively tackle him head-on for being completely unfit for office. I fear that the same thing may happen in 2024, if he runs. While Trump's treason should not be the sole thing any Democratic candidate runs on (it is absolutely vital to provide a better, credible alternative),  it (along with his corruption and incompetence) should be front and center any time the two candidates are being compared. Every American filling out a ballot should be asking themselves the question, "Do I really jwant the stupid failed billionaire who attacked the Capitol, or the other guy?"
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2022, 11:13:02 AM »

He's definitely onto something in recent months. At least feels like that. Very, very unlikely he challenges Biden imho, but I could absolutely imagine him throwing his hat into the ring. I wouldn't have expected him to run against Harris before, which seems a real option now or in 2028.

As I admit having been a Newsom stan for years, I would absolutely back him in a bid for the presidency. And I agree with others a Newsom vs. DeSantis election would be refreshing. I would even prefer that and Biden stepping aside. While I still prefer Biden over Harris because he's a stronger candidate, recent weeks and months made me question whether it isn't time for Dems to consider a candidate who plays hardball with the GOP. Biden unfortunately isn't that type of politician and possibly not even up to doing that.
Independents against George Santos
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2022, 11:57:11 AM »

I'm not sure this is a good strategy. Feels like the pot calling the kettle black with how rough the last few years have hit California as well.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2022, 12:50:31 PM »

I appreciate Newsom.  Like all of us, he is quite flawed, but he doesn't hide it and tells it like it is.

The California vs Florida story would be an interesting one.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2022, 09:06:05 PM »

I seem to remember that the Democrat Governors held their annual retreat in Florida back in February.

But, you know, Florida Man Bad.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2022, 09:12:17 PM »

One of those guys I could see on the ballot. Newsom might succeed Biden if he declines to run.

Wischcasting. You don't WANT DeathSantis to get the GOP nomination and want Trump to get it, doesn't mean that's what happens. Most people agree, and the objective consensus is that, DeathSantis has a real shot at winning the nomination, particularly if Trump bows out (which he very possibly could - in fact, Trump's not really likelier to run in 2024 than Biden is).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies