[Religiously observant Muslims and Jews] Have you noticed increased security at your place of worshi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:20:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  [Religiously observant Muslims and Jews] Have you noticed increased security at your place of worshi
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: [Religiously observant Muslims and Jews] Have you noticed increased security at your place of worship?
Yes

No

I am not a religiously observant Muslim or religiously observant Jew

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: [Religiously observant Muslims and Jews] Have you noticed increased security at your place of worshi  (Read 155 times)
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2023, 06:43:22 PM »

Following Hamas' murdering of hundreds of civilians, there has been an uptick in anti-Semitic and Islamophobic rhetoric, and there could be an uptick in anti-Semitic and Islamophobic violence. It makes sense that Jewish and Muslim places of worship would feel the need to increase security. If you are a religiously observant Jew or Muslim, have you noticed an increase in security?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 07:10:51 PM »

Yes. To enter shul I had to answer questions to a security guy about who the rabbi is, how often I go there etc.

Let's get real though. I don't think this will be necessary in any mosque. That is very fortunate because I do not think any religious building - or any building whatsoever - should require such security measures to be in place. But it does mean this question draws a false equivalence. Fortunately, there will be no Jewish attacks on mosques in Europe or America. Even when more than 1000 Jews were slaughtered in the worst pogrom since the Holocaust, there will fortunately not be massive parades of Jews calling for anti-Muslim violence in our streets. You can be sure of that. The other way around though...? I wonder what this difference tells us.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 07:21:18 PM »

Yes. To enter shul I had to answer questions to a security guy about who the rabbi is, how often I go there etc.

Let's get real though. I don't think this will be necessary in any mosque. That is very fortunate because I do not think any religious building - or any building whatsoever - should require such security measures to be in place. But it does mean this question draws a false equivalence. Fortunately, there will be no Jewish attacks on mosques in Europe or America. Even when more than 1000 Jews were slaughtered in the worst pogrom since the Holocaust, there will fortunately not be massive parades of Jews calling for anti-Muslim violence in our streets. You can be sure of that. The other way around though...? I wonder what this difference tells us.
There are some security risks and imams have typically been warned and informed of them by American authorities. There were (Muslim) cops positioned outside our local mosque after Christchurch.
This time around said risks seem to be less numerous than usual, thankfully.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 07:28:50 PM »

To be clear, I voted No. But maybe that could change if things go further south.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies